Jump to content
British Speedway Forum
Daniel Smith

King's Lynn Stars 2020

Recommended Posts

I thought Cook filled the Puk void quite well last season while recognising he had one or two dodgy meetings and that he can probably improve in 2020 with more meetings at Lynn. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, g13webb said:

It is my belief each team of riders should be challenging for every point in every race, but unfortunately   that's the exception rather than the rule...

And a main reason , for me at least, why my £s are no longer VFM. "That wait and see if I make a better start next time" from too many riders .

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Lynn surface doesn’t help either, no point busting a gut if it’s going to make no difference. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Bagpuss said:

I thought Cook filled the Puk void quite well last season while recognising he had one or two dodgy meetings and that he can probably improve in 2020 with more meetings at Lynn. 

Couldn't agree more regarding Cook,  if only he could get his head sorted, on his day so very quick & smooth. Must remember his speedway carer is relatively short. He would be my first choice to get in Lynn line up 2020. Stick my head on the chopping block here, if you get him, will end up at No1 end of season. Why, far more dedication than Lambert 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Dedication to what? King’s Lynn? British speedway? Speedway in general? 

I think it’s good to have two very good riders pushing each other to be number one, should give them both extra incentive. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think Mikkel Bech will be in our team somwhere .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Greg said:

I think Mikkel Bech will be in our team somwhere .

Put that on the Peterborough thread and you’ll probably be right.

Edited by Speedball

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

Dedication to what? King’s Lynn? British speedway? Speedway in general? 

I think it’s good to have two very good riders pushing each other to be number one, should give them both extra incentive. 

Dedication to Speedway, I have followed cook from is early days, IMO Craig over thinks to much

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, sommelier said:

Dedication to Speedway, I have followed cook from is early days, IMO Craig over thinks to much

He certainly does.

Lamber regressed last season but is a much better rider than Craig

I expect he will prove as much this season.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, Richard Weston said:

Just a hunch on my part: Cook will go to Peterbrough (shock I know) and Bech will be at Lynn.

 

Nooo. We need good back up for Robert imho;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Richard Weston said:

Just a hunch on my part: Cook will go to Peterbrough (shock I know) and Bech will be at Lynn.

 

It gets better all the time.    I once thought Cookie was going all the way to the top level. like you say he was quick and smooth.  But not anymore.   ! questioned why he left BV.   I cant imagine a team would get rid of a prized asset.     I want a rider who you can guarantee to get double figures every meeting  and unfortunate Cookie comes up short.    2018, Robert reached them dizzy heights, and I thought he had arrived on the world stage.   2019 Robert wasn't the same he became a shadow of the rider he was.    he appeared to have taken 2 steps backwards  and consequently the team suffered.      For Lynn to hold their own we need 2 top riders.  Riders capable of winning heats 13 and 15.  Failing that, then  it becomes a waste of time...….

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Bald Bloke said:

Nooo. We need good back up for Robert imho;)

Robert was superb in 2018 --- with me travelling a long way to see. Suspect injuries held him back last year but no doubt he's a talent. I'm no good at these averages (so maybe wrong) but Bech, Riss and another good 'un will be shake things up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, g13webb said:

It gets better all the time.    I once thought Cookie was going all the way to the top level. like you say he was quick and smooth.  But not anymore.   ! questioned why he left BV.   I cant imagine a team would get rid of a prized asset.     I want a rider who you can guarantee to get double figures every meeting  and unfortunate Cookie comes up short.    2018, Robert reached them dizzy heights, and I thought he had arrived on the world stage.   2019 Robert wasn't the same he became a shadow of the rider he was.    he appeared to have taken 2 steps backwards  and consequently the team suffered.      For Lynn to hold their own we need 2 top riders.  Riders capable of winning heats 13 and 15.  Failing that, then  it becomes a waste of time...….

Terry and Malcom will be back in 2020.  We wish.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Privacy Policy