British Speedway Forum
Daniel Smith

King's Lynn Stars 2020

Hi tellboy.

nice to be missed:P

I agree with what you say and to a great extent Buster is bound by what the rest of British, and indeed world speedway does. I'm a realist and from past conversations with Buster know he doesn't/didn't agree with quite a few things himself but even as BSPA supreme couldn't change them.

If I had to pick just one thing that IMHO would improve things (and boy how big is the choice:P) it would be to reduce the power of the engines so it's rider skill that wins races and not tuner's tinkering. 

Going back into hibernation again now but who knows a visit from Nicki in 2020 might just tempt me back to Saddlebow Road :D

I agree about the engines.Should all standardized,but we know that will never happen.But even back in the day some riders seemed to have quicker engines.

Ermmmm ..... track won't be prepared as grippy this year as last...... promotion in talks with the other Eastern promoters re offer on away meetings for season ticket holders ...... Dale would have liked to be team manager in 2020 but once Buster declared he wanted to take a back seat had to take on the promoting roll ...... Lewi is doing an Evening with Lewi Kerr' on Jan 13th 2020 and has an interesting story to tell about his life before speedway, pretty eventful after too! .... Dale is working with Thomas on a personal level as well as with the Stars ...... 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Trees said:

Ermmmm ..... track won't be prepared as grippy this year as last...... promotion in talks with the other Eastern promoters re offer on away meetings for season ticket holders ...... Dale would have liked to be team manager in 2020 but once Buster declared he wanted to take a back seat had to take on the promoting roll ...... Lewi is doing an Evening with Lewi Kerr' on Jan 13th 2020 and has an interesting story to tell about his life before speedway, pretty eventful after too! .... Dale is working with Thomas on a personal level as well as with the Stars ...... 

Southern tracks (bar Kent) have a deal in place to discount admission prices for season ticket holders of others clubs. Good idea for clubs to work together like this.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Trees said:

1 hour ago, Richard Weston said:

Southern tracks (bar Kent) have a deal in place to discount admission prices for season ticket holders of others clubs. Good idea for clubs to work together like this.

Certainly something I and others had suggested many years ago. I'd like it taken further though that season tickets allow all holders to other tracks for £10 admission regardless, across the top 2 divisions. 

For local derbies it could generate superb atmospheres of years gone by once again

• Like 3

On 12/16/2019 at 12:32 PM, tellboy said:

Hello SL haven't heard from you in a while.

As g13webb said we all have differing opinions to which i agree.And he quite rightly said "who to say who is right and who is wrong".So if the promotion done everything the remoaners said:rolleyes: it wouldn't necessarily be right would it.It could be wrong too, as who is to say they are right or wrong:)

Like many businesses no matter how big or small the bosses 9 times out of 10 will do it their way.People in charge don't like to be told whether it's a company employing 200 people or a small business like a newsagent hey Webbo.

Umm  wrong again,   You appear to be getting mixed up with another  local business man.   I can assure you   I have nothing what's so ever to do with Newspapers.       The name may be similar but that's as far as it goes...     Sorry about that  :wub:

2 hours ago, Trees said:

Hurrah! 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Daniel Smith said:

Certainly something I and others had suggested many years ago. I'd like it taken further though that season tickets allow all holders to other tracks for £10 admission regardless, across the top 2 divisions. 

For local derbies it could generate superb atmospheres of years gone by once again

Like you say,   I remembered this was suggested a few years back and was shot down big time, but, like you I think it could be a big plus .   I would go further and suggest  a £5.00 admission for all  away season tickets travellers, this  would entice  many more to support their teams away from home and generate much better atmosphere at meetings.     Some will suggest it would be unfair on local supporters,      but a bird in the hand is always better than one in the bush.... 

5 hours ago, Richard Weston said:

Yes, that's why I asked if our Eastern promoters might be doing something similar ....

How many tracks have many season ticket holders nowadays though?I bet most tracks have less than 50.

Edited by tellboy

2 minutes ago, tellboy said:

How many tracks have many season ticket holders nowadays though?I bet most tracks have less than 50.

IF they offered a half decent deal for away meetings it would certainly encourage fans to buy season tickets!?

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, tellboy said:

But with an initiative like this, I've no doubt the figure will increase by quite a few. 

Dale went through the process/parameters he has to work to to sign a team, reminding us that as much as we might think/expect, no club can just pick a rider out and sign them ......

Thomas is working hard on his whole racing package to improve all round basically and having Dale in his corner will help him ......

Edited by Trees

Just now, Daniel Smith said:

But with an initiative like this, I've no doubt the figure will increase by quite a few. 

Maybe,and hopefully it does.It does make having a season ticket more appealing.But i would have gone to away matches regardless.Will the season ticket only appeal to the ones that would have travelled anyway?Will it make more people travel away on a Monday or Thursday?