Jump to content
British Speedway Forum
Daniel Smith

King's Lynn Stars 2020

Recommended Posts

7 hours ago, lynnboy said:

Not a mention of iversen ? What average is he on is it lower than cooks ? 

Cooks 7.59 Iversen 7.54 can't see Iversen doing a full season but will help out towards the end of the season. If we was in realistic chance of top four last season he would of been at lynn instead of Ipswich.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, lynnboy said:

So I hear it’s cook and Michael  hartel for the last two places 

Cookie is a must. And the track being prepared slicker, is too. Some Stars riders need to improve big time away, and if Buster wants to stick with some of last seasons worst away scorers, he needs to prepare the AFA slicker, so it's more like away tracks. It seems a cheap option, as it will take time.We shall see. Wouldn't be surprised if one of Busters 2 teams will finish bottom.

Edited by Bald Bloke

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, lynnboy said:

So I hear it’s cook and Michael  hartel for the last two places 

What average would Hartel come in on?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is Hartel the surprise signing that Dale Allitt said would be in team? If it is , I am disappointed.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, mrss said:

Is Hartel the surprise signing that Dale Allitt said would be in team? If it is , I am disappointed.

Maybe your expectations were too high. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Once it was obvious there was going to be no big shake up of last seasons massively disappointing team then the expectation level should have been severely down graded. 
 

Another season of mediocrity ahead.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, semion said:

Once it was obvious there was going to be no big shake up of last seasons massively disappointing team then the expectation level should have been severely down graded. 
 

Another season of mediocrity ahead.

Not necessarily, while I think Swindon and Belle Vue stand out as the best two sides I’d say the other two Play Off spots are up for grabs. Big question marks over Sheffield and Wolves and I expect our two East Anglian rivals to look 6th and 7th on paper (not that it necessarily means an awful lot). Lynn’s team will have three strong heat leaders and initially at least a good reserve and while the other three riders are a little underwhelming they should ensure lots of home wins. The key as always is points on the road. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

Not necessarily, while I think Swindon and Belle Vue stand out as the best two sides I’d say the other two Play Off spots are up for grabs. Big question marks over Sheffield and Wolves and I expect our two East Anglian rivals to look 6th and 7th on paper (not that it necessarily means an awful lot). Lynn’s team will have three strong heat leaders and initially at least a good reserve and while the other three riders are a little underwhelming they should ensure lots of home wins. The key as always is points on the road. 

Probably because only three teams have a completed 1-7 so far. Someone might spring a surprise signing :)

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, Blupanther said:

Probably because only three teams have a completed 1-7 so far. Someone might spring a surprise signing :)

Quite possibly and I hope they do, we want a competitive league where anyone can beat anyone at the end of the day. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As far as the teams riders so far announced by those signed both Swindon and Sheffield look they  but both could have injuries as Peterborough and Kings Lynn  did in 2019  I hope not but is possible so don't write anyone off yet If you remember  Ipswich were forecast to finish joint bottom  by some.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, mrss said:

Is Hartel the surprise signing that Dale Allitt said would be in team? If it is , I am disappointed.

Like socks christmas

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Bagpuss said:

Maybe your expectations were too high. 

I should have known better , than to think the surprise was going to be a world beater. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think the idea that we would be signing a world beater (such as?) was a fantasy TBH. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Privacy Policy