British Speedway Forum
Daniel Smith

King's Lynn Stars 2020

I think Dale Allitt has said that the team will be slightly over half a point under the limit.

45 minutes ago, kelvinht said:

Peter Schroek now saying we need to give more British youngsters a chance.

I read that as we'll have a youngster at no. 7, not necessarily a very experienced one, which maybe means not Cookie....or we will be understrength before we even start

Got to be Rambo lambo 

Just now, Racin Jason 72 said:

Got to be Rambo lambo 

He said youngster :P

• Thanks 1

54 minutes ago, kelvinht said:

Peter Schroek now saying we need to give more British youngsters a chance.

I read that as we'll have a youngster at no. 7, not necessarily a very experienced one, which maybe means not Cookie....or we will be understrength before we even start

At the end of last season, he also said it was no good having riders who fly at the AFA and can't score away. What do they do, sign them again for 2020 and add Ty Proctor :blink:

The mind boggles, well mine does anyway;)

Edited by Bald Bloke
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

KL just tweeted their next signing will be announced at 6am tomorrow, the rider in question was playing “darts”. I know NKI is a massive darts fan. 

On 1/1/2020 at 8:14 AM, mikebv said:

And that's one of the key challenges the sport faces..

ie Does the competitions standing itself, and the riders on show,  encourage fans to go?

Or..

Is it the quality and closeness of racing, regardless of who is doing it, that gets them there?

The NSS has terrific racing pretty much every week, with the majority of races having at least one pass through the field and the vast majority of races having the final positions still in doubt to the last bend..

And that can be said for the Colts as well as the Aces..

However, one is £10 in total for me and my 16 year old lad, and the other is £26..

£16 difference to actually see very little difference in racing quality from what I have seen over the past few years..

Therefore, I attend the Colts much, much more as I can get my 'Speedway fix' much cheaper, and as I have zero belief that winning a Team Speedway title in the UK has any credibility, then it more than ticks the boxes I want from the sport..

However, the Aces get probably double the crowds of the Colts which suggests the riders on view are a greater pull for many..

For me, the sport, in the UK, has to decide if it's actually a truly bona fide sport, with winning titles having some real kudos through having credible rules and teams..

Or..

It becomes sports entertainment,  whereby the racing itself is the main draw...

The fans seem to want both which, in fairness to the Promoters and their various circuits, given the wide ranging challenges they face, probably isn't anywhere near attainable....

The NNS has really surprised me.   Me, thinking the track was equal to anywhere in the world and the racing was from the top draw, I automatically assumed the place would be packed every meeting.    I expected, if the product was right the crowds would come just like in them olden day.      Situated in the 3rd biggest city in the land with a copulation to die for,  this place was tailor made to reinvent this sport in this modern era.   But unfortunate it hasn't happened.     My question now is:   if somewhere like NNS  cant attract the masses, what chance has other places  got.  

I'm sorry for being pessimistic but I must agree with the promoters of this sport,  and  therefore understand ,  there's little point in spending good money chasing after bad...     The only people  that continue supporting the sport now   are those fans from years back .      Soon there wont be any of us left....         

21 minutes ago, g13webb said:

The NNS has really surprised me.   Me, thinking the track was equal to anywhere in the world and the racing was from the top draw, I automatically assumed the place would be packed every meeting.    I expected, if the product was right the crowds would come just like in them olden day.      Situated in the 3rd biggest city in the land with a copulation to die for,  this place was tailor made to reinvent this sport in this modern era.   But unfortunate it hasn't happened.     My question now is:   if somewhere like NNS  cant attract the masses, what chance has other places  got.  

I'm sorry for being pessimistic but I must agree with the promoters of this sport,  and  therefore understand ,  there's little point in spending good money chasing after bad...     The only people  that continue supporting the sport now   are those fans from years back .      Soon there wont be any of us left....         

where is the NNS ??? :rofl: perhaps the same place as where the copulation ??? comes from ??  perhaps the Manchester Population might want to attend the NSS  Stadium ??? :t:

35 minutes ago, hyabb17 said:

KL just tweeted their next signing will be announced at 6am tomorrow, the rider in question was playing “darts”. I know NKI is a massive darts fan. 

Looks very much like Cook to me.

As for the Shroeck comments, from what I’ve seen they are without context so probably don’t even relate to the seventh rider. 

Mmmmm, was playing darts,,,, was darts world final last night,,, winner Peter Wright,,, was Wright the clue,,, being James Wright at reserve? 

Think that's Cookie as well, mind you I mistook Schroek for Riss the other week, so not sure I can be trusted!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

28 minutes ago, geoff58 said:

where is the NNS ??? :rofl: perhaps the same place as where the copulation ??? comes from ??  perhaps the Manchester Population might want to attend the NSS  Stadium ??? :t:

Productive text is alive and well! :o

• Haha 1

Definitely Cookie, I can tell by the way he walks and his shoulders

• Like 1

2 hours ago, mrss said:

I think Dale Allitt has said that the team will be slightly over half a point under the limit.

That is correct about 0.60. You must have a good contact lol! 

13 minutes ago, Cookiefan said:

Definitely Cookie, I can tell by the way he walks and his shoulders

yep small tattoo on top of right thumb !!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Chris116 said:

Productive text is alive and well! :o

'NSS'   So pleased you found it amusing .      The intellectual ones knew what was meant.     :wink: