British Speedway Forum
Daniel Smith

King's Lynn Stars 2020

25 minutes ago, g13webb said:

'NSS'   So pleased you found it amusing .      The intellectual ones knew what was meant.     :wink:

I knew what was meant and only made fun of it when the original mistake was brought to everyones notice.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, hyabb17 said:

KL just tweeted their next signing will be announced at 6am tomorrow, the rider in question was playing “darts”. I know NKI is a massive darts fan. 

Looked like Cookie to me. From the walk.

2 hours ago, kelvinht said:

Think that's Cookie as well, mind you I mistook Schroek for Riss the other week, so not sure I can be trusted!

Don't tell Erik that :rofl:

Good to see Craig back and with Robert we will be strong in the big heats 13 and 15.

That leaves us with 4.93 for our last rider. If it was somebody like Kvech anybody know what he would come in on ?

11 hours ago, g13webb said:

My question now is:   if somewhere like NNS  cant attract the masses, what chance has other places  got.  

Close to zero if you are talking of building up a new fanbase. With the excitement level of PL racing - on average - at an all time low, only radical changes to the racing of offer will possibly interest new younger motor sport fans. Smaller bikes, identically prepared, handicap racing, in fact a whole new sport and even change the name of the sport in the UK.

2 minutes ago, Panthers99 said:

Aaron Summers 4.87...... or is it a definite newbie etc 

We could do a lot worse. 

29 minutes ago, Clive Ward said:

Good to see Craig back and with Robert we will be strong in the big heats 13 and 15.

That leaves us with 4.93 for our last rider. If it was somebody like Kvech anybody know what he would come in on ?

5:P

It really should be five considering his World U21 performances. 

17 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

We could do a lot worse. 

Spud did a good job for us last season and he is a solid scorer. Would do a better job than Hartel that's for sure!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Clive Ward said:

First of all welcome back Cookie. 

On Kvech, I would like to see him come over but I don't think he will this season. 

But you never know. 

1 hour ago, waytogo28 said:

Close to zero if you are talking of building up a new fanbase. With the excitement level of PL racing - on average - at an all time low, only radical changes to the racing of offer will possibly interest new younger motor sport fans. Smaller bikes, identically prepared, handicap racing, in fact a whole new sport and even change the name of the sport in the UK.

If bikes were identically prepared you shouldn't have handicap racing imo

53 minutes ago, Panthers99 said:

Spud did a good job for us last season and he is a solid scorer. Would do a better job than Hartel that's for sure!

He is what he is you get exactly what it says on tin with spud . solid rider who would be a good signing for stars

• Like 1