Jump to content
British Speedway Forum
Daniel Smith

King's Lynn Stars 2020

Recommended Posts

54 minutes ago, tellboy said:

I beg to differ.Cook finished the 2018 season on a 7.73 average.He joined Lynn on a 7.19,even allowing the 2.5 reduction doesn't bring it down to nowhere near that.

You are correct. It was his Championship average he came in on.

Strangely though, the 2019 regulations didn't allow for that to be the case as he'd not missed the Premiership for more than 1 season. Rules had been wrongly interpreted as not having a current 2019 Premiership average for which he did. As the averages are rolling the final averages of 2018 would be the averages of 2019 so Cook had a current 2019 Premiership average and should have had that average. The fact that his Premiership average would have taken King's Lynn over the poinys limit would suggest someone may have helped themselves to an MC approval ;)

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, szkocjasid said:

I'd go for Summers!

I think I probably would as well. He knows the  tracks from the off. so not a gamble. Unless Buster has found a stonker, which isn't easy.

I know the season hasn't started yet, but looking at the team, the top 2 will do ok, as will the reserves.Our week links away will probaby be TJ and Lewis. I think they will swap around a fair bit with the reserves throughout the season, leaving our engine room weak away from home whoever steps up into the 1-5. You need some points on the road to reach the playoffs.

Hope i'm wrong.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Daniel Smith said:

You are correct. It was his Championship average he came in on.

Strangely though, the 2019 regulations didn't allow for that to be the case as he'd not missed the Premiership for more than 1 season. Rules had been wrongly interpreted as not having a current 2019 Premiership average for which he did. As the averages are rolling the final averages of 2018 would be the averages of 2019 so Cook had a current 2019 Premiership average and should have had that average. The fact that his Premiership average would have taken King's Lynn over the poinys limit would suggest someone may have helped themselves to an MC approval ;)

That’s not correct, Art 16.2.5 explains why. No ‘special dispensation’ needed.

 

Edited by NeilWatson
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Warriors said:

Last spot is a newbie.

A newbie to Kings Lynn or a newbie to the British League???

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, NeilWatson said:

That’s not correct, Art 16.2.5 explains why. No ‘special dispensation’ needed.

 

It is correct otherwise, by what you're interpreting it as, a rider can not sign for a Premiership club for the first week of the season then come in on his Championship average. 

As an example: Brian Bongo finished the previous Prem season on a 12.00 average. He also finished the Championship season on a 5.00 average.

Misses the first week of the Premiership the following season so would come in on his Championship converted average? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Daniel Smith said:

It is correct otherwise, by what you're interpreting it as, a rider can not sign for a Premiership club for the first week of the season then come in on his Championship average. 

As an example: Brian Bongo finished the previous Prem season on a 12.00 average. He also finished the Championship season on a 5.00 average.

Misses the first week of the Premiership the following season so would come in on his Championship converted average? 

The rider would keep his previous PL average UNTIL THE FIRST CL AVERAGE OF THE NEW SEASON when the old PL average becomes irrelevant.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, NeilWatson said:

The rider would keep his previous PL average UNTIL THE FIRST CL AVERAGE OF THE NEW SEASON when the old PL average becomes irrelevant.

But the rules don't say that. That's just interpretation again

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Kickitov said:

A newbie to Kings Lynn or a newbie to the British League???

A newbie to British league

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Daniel Smith said:

But the rules don't say that. That's just interpretation again

It's not interpretation, Art 16.2.5 says exactly that......

Let's look again at Brian Bongo who you suggest finished the 2019 Prem season on a 12.00 average. He also finished the Championship season on a 5.00 average.

The rule states: 'The most recently established MA will be used. If a rider has an established MA in both the Premiership and Championship Leagues, established in the same season, that leagues MA will apply to that league.'

So for team-building at the beginning of the 2020 season Bongo has 2019 established MAs in both leagues. Not surprisingly he doesn't get a PL berth but starts the 2020 CL season on a 5.00 average. Until the first GSAs for 2020 are issued that remains the situation, and should Bongo get an early PL call-up to cover injury he would come in on a 12 point average.

As soon as Bongo receives a new 2020 CL GSA that becomes his most recently established MA and he no longer has averages in both leagues established in the same season. At that point, any previous average becomes irrelevant.

 

Edited by NeilWatson
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
17 hours ago, NeilWatson said:

It's not interpretation, Art 16.2.5 says exactly that......

Let's look again at Brian Bongo who you suggest finished the 2019 Prem season on a 12.00 average. He also finished the Championship season on a 5.00 average.

The rule states: 'The most recently established MA will be used. If a rider has an established MA in both the Premiership and Championship Leagues, established in the same season, that leagues MA will apply to that league.'

So for team-building at the beginning of the 2020 season Bongo has 2019 established MAs in both leagues. Not surprisingly he doesn't get a PL berth but starts the 2020 CL season on a 5.00 average. Until the first GSAs for 2020 are issued that remains the situation, and should Bongo get an early PL call-up to cover injury he would come in on a 12 point average.

As soon as Bongo receives a new 2020 CL GSA that becomes his most recently established MA and he no longer has averages in both leagues established in the same season. At that point, any previous average becomes irrelevant.

 

Wow..

Sometimes I do believe those within the 'inner sanctum' see this sort of thing as 'perfectly normal'..

Whilst those who pay the wages (the fans)  also known as 'those who really matter'...

Think..

"What a load of bollox"....

Edited by mikebv
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Daniel Smith said:

But the rules don't say that. That's just interpretation again

Your in a hole - stop digging ;)

1 hour ago, mikebv said:

Wow..

Sometimes I do believe those within the 'inner sanctum' take this sort of thing as 'normal'..

Whilst those who pay the wages (the fans)  also known as those who really matter...

Think..

What a load of bollox..

You may not think the regulation is a good one but as Neil pointed out it was applied correctly and was as intended for Cook (and others)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, NeilWatson said:

It's not interpretation, Art 16.2.5 says exactly that......

Let's look again at Brian Bongo who you suggest finished the 2019 Prem season on a 12.00 average. He also finished the Championship season on a 5.00 average.

The rule states: 'The most recently established MA will be used. If a rider has an established MA in both the Premiership and Championship Leagues, established in the same season, that leagues MA will apply to that league.'

So for team-building at the beginning of the 2020 season Bongo has 2019 established MAs in both leagues. Not surprisingly he doesn't get a PL berth but starts the 2020 CL season on a 5.00 average. Until the first GSAs for 2020 are issued that remains the situation, and should Bongo get an early PL call-up to cover injury he would come in on a 12 point average.

As soon as Bongo receives a new 2020 CL GSA that becomes his most recently established MA and he no longer has averages in both leagues established in the same season. At that point, any previous average becomes irrelevant.

 

It makes a big difference for riders like Lasse Bjerre (5.92) and Ben Barker (5.28) rather than sign them on their Prem aves, wait a month & sign them on their converted Champ aves (if Lasse gets a spot for example) Lasse Bjerre (5.87 / 1.6 = minimum 4.00) or Ben Barker (7.24 / 1.6 = 4.53)!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Never mind all that.  The big question I wanna know is this chap Brian Bongo, is he available ?

  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, mikebv said:

Wow..

Sometimes I do believe those within the 'inner sanctum' take this sort of thing as 'normal'..

Whilst those who pay the wages (the fans)  also known as those who really matter...

Think..

What a load of bollox..

Is the right answer

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, szkocjasid said:

It makes a big difference for riders like Lasse Bjerre (5.92) and Ben Barker (5.28) rather than sign them on their Prem aves, wait a month & sign them on their converted Champ aves (if Lasse gets a spot for example) Lasse Bjerre (5.87 / 1.6 = minimum 4.00) or Ben Barker (7.24 / 1.6 = 4.53)!

Still wouldn't touch either of them on those averages 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Privacy Policy