British Speedway Forum
Daniel Smith

King's Lynn Stars 2020

1 hour ago, Bagpuss said:

Absolutely Lambert. No brainer. 

Riss, MPT and Cook would be preferable to stay but not essential if better options were found. Jorgensen, Kerr, Andersen, Porsing and S Lambert to be moved on for me unfortunately, we need fresh blood and better options for away matches. 

Can’t decide on Proctor having thought about it, his average is extremely attractive even though he is a shadow of the rider he once was. 

I wouldn't complain if Lambo, Cookie, MPT and Erik stayed. Feel the same as you about the rest if i'm honest. I would like Charles Wright in there somewhere, but not likely. I would have him for Tofty If he would fit.

For me a wonder if Lambert has now done his time at Lynn Don’t get me wrong Robert  is a great talent.  However, With all his other commitments would the PL be, shall we say not high on his list of priorities.
 Unless the circuit at Saddlebow is likely to change then Buster might as well fill up with a team of gaters, for example  such as Klint.  The track as it stands does the likes of Lambert no favours. 

• Like 1

KLynn fans need to prepare mentally for the day (yar) that Robert Lambert does a Tai and not ride in the UK league so he can concentrate on Poland and Sweden.

No doubt the day will come when he drops the UK as the vast majority of top riders do but he won’t have GP’s or U21 competitions in 2020 so can’t see him just just doing the continental leagues. 

5 hours ago, semion said:

For me a wonder if Lambert has now done his time at Lynn Don’t get me wrong Robert  is a great talent.  However, With all his other commitments would the PL be, shall we say not high on his list of priorities.
 Unless the circuit at Saddlebow is likely to change then Buster might as well fill up with a team of gaters, for example  such as Klint.  The track as it stands does the likes of Lambert no favours. 

Maybe Lambert may have done his time at Lynn, and I personally think a move would do him good. But I do honestly think we will see him in the UK league next year. For one he has yet to get a team for Poland next year, Lublin were disappointed with his form this year. I think Robert has already said that he wishes to drop down a league in Poland next year, he has already got a Swedish club sorted out for next year, but does anyone know why Lambert was sacked, not dropped from his club in Sweden this year? It was very interesting and an eye opener!

29 minutes ago, sommelier said:

Maybe Lambert may have done his time at Lynn, and I personally think a move would do him good. But I do honestly think we will see him in the UK league next year. For one he has yet to get a team for Poland next year, Lublin were disappointed with his form this year. I think Robert has already said that he wishes to drop down a league in Poland next year, he has already got a Swedish club sorted out for next year, but does anyone know why Lambert was sacked, not dropped from his club in Sweden this year? It was very interesting and an eye opener!

Report on Sportowefakty this week indicated that there are plenty of Nice Polska teams interested in signing Lambert- however his signing on fee demands of around £40000 will have to be lowered !

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, sommelier said:

I seem to remember it being said at the time (perhaps by r&r?) that Rospiggarna made their changes to save some money but could be wrong. Was odd as at the time he was scoring pretty well. As for his Polish demands I expect what he ends up with will be in between his figure and what the clubs want to pay, it’s called negotiation. 

Would happily have Klindt in the team, being a gater he goes well every where, and has stated he does not want to drop a league. 

My only issue, is he looks a bit like Erik with beard and shaved head... might confuse the two :)

• Like 1

Not particularly relevant as it was seven years ago, completely different rider now. 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Danny Connor said:

Klindt is a good team player! Not a "rockstar" I'd have him. 

Personally i wouldn't fancy him on his average.Feel it would be a bit high for him to attain that throughout the 2020 season.Especially with the fact Poole that wouldn't be his home track.

8 minutes ago, tellboy said:

Personally i wouldn't fancy him on his average.Feel it would be a bit high for him to attain that throughout the 2020 season.Especially with the fact Poole that wouldn't be his home track.

He wasn't a homer though. Seemed to go well at most tracks. Has ambition to when you see him interviewed! Id be happy. Part of me wants to see plenty of our current riders retained. Another part says keep just Lambert and Cook. Klindt would be a non diva rider with something to offer. We won't find out til march no doubt

15 minutes ago, Danny Connor said:

He wasn't a homer though. Seemed to go well at most tracks. Has ambition to when you see him interviewed! Id be happy. Part of me wants to see plenty of our current riders retained. Another part says keep just Lambert and Cook. Klindt would be a non diva rider with something to offer. We won't find out til march no doubt

I think Cook should be top of your want list at Lynn next year