British Speedway Forum
Daniel Smith

King's Lynn Stars 2020

16 minutes ago, g13webb said:

I'm not so sure on that,   Personally,  I know of at least a dozen Lynn supporters, who have stopped going in the past 2 years.  So I imagine there are many more  who can say something similar.   Comparing them facts with figures, that must equate to £2 grand a season at  least on missed revenue.     

What the fans really want is a realistic chance of success.  Assembling a stronger team at our closest rivals is probably the biggest turnoff he could do..... 

There must be some people who have stopped going due to the poor entertainment in recent seasons and to be honest I wouldn’t really blame them but unless I’m misunderstanding you I don’t think anybody would have stopped going in 2018 because there wasn’t a realistic chance of success, we would have won the title that year but for injuries. 

The bottom line is that the vast majority of people will keep returning if they see their team win. And I genuinely don’t think they are bothered what other teams get up to or look like on paper if that’s the case. What I will say is that the buzz around a season disappears if the Play Offs aren’t reached or even look like being achieved and can lead to fewer through the gate, or fewer occasional attendees, regardless of winning at home. 

10 hours ago, g13webb said:

What the fans really want is a realistic chance of success

What this fan really wants to see is that in a majority of races the positions will stand a very good chance of changing after 1/2 lap. And that riders believe that that is possible and make a real effort to do so, rather than accept after that first 1/2 lap that the result is set in stone. And settle for a high speed verion of line dancing. Bring back racing and the belief that having a serious go is worth it. Not least to entertain the remaining supporters!

• Like 4

On 2/29/2020 at 7:49 AM, waytogo28 said:

What this fan really wants to see is that in a majority of races the positions will stand a very good chance of changing after 1/2 lap. And that riders believe that that is possible and make a real effort to do so, rather than accept after that first 1/2 lap that the result is set in stone. And settle for a high speed verion of line dancing. Bring back racing and the belief that having a serious go is worth it. Not least to entertain the remaining supporters!

Sounds like this fan wants NL racing back 

On 2/29/2020 at 7:49 AM, waytogo28 said:

Not the case at Swindon, there is plenty of overtaking throughout the whole race in the PL meetings.

1 hour ago, Sings4Speedway said:

Sounds like this fan wants NL racing back 

Spot on! It was far better, less predictable racing rather than a first and second bend melee and  - well, that's it! All over bar dodging stones coming your way from the riders following each other round and hoping to gate better next time.

• Like 1

Slicker track should mean much better racing if that international was anything to go by. That was a thoroughly entertaining meeting!

3 hours ago, A ORLOV said:

Not the case at Swindon, there is plenty of overtaking throughout the whole race in the PL meetings.

Exactly. The better the track prep the better the quality of racing, whether that’s NL, CL or PL.

• Like 3

On 3/3/2020 at 3:19 PM, Danny Connor said:

Slicker track should mean much better racing if that international was anything to go by. That was a thoroughly entertaining meeting!

It was..still don't get how Charles Wright did that overtake on 2nd bend. I closed my eyes and when I opened he was in the lead. That was just one of some great races on a damp evening.

Admission prices frozen for 2020 according to the club’s social media - good news. 

On 3/3/2020 at 2:50 PM, waytogo28 said:

Spot on! It was far better, less predictable racing rather than a first and second bend melee and  - well, that's it! All over bar dodging stones coming your way from the riders following each other round and hoping to gate better next time.

You never know the Prem Jnr league may offer a little bit more entertainment......if it actually gets run

STARS LAND NEW TEAM SPONSOR

KING’S Lynn are thrilled to welcome Minors and Brady Estate Agents as their new main team sponsor.
The Norfolk outfit will now be known as the Minors and Brady Stars with preparations well underway for the latest Premiership campaign.
Minors and Brady are award-winning estate agents which was founded by Jamie Minors and Alex Brady - who have both worked their way up from being trainee negotiators to running their own company with three offices across Norfolk.
And for co-owner Alex Brady it really is a 'dream come true' to become team sponsor of the club he has supported since he was a child.
He said: “I am a huge fan of speedway and I have been coming to Lynn since I was five-years-old. I went out to eight of the ten Speedway Grand Prix’s last year and we also sponsored Ty Proctor in 2019 - I would class him as a good friend.
“I have known Buster (Chapman) for number of years – I did a Power Slide class when I was 15 and then I dealt with him through work last year, and that is really how this all came about. 
“It really is a privilege to be asked to be team sponsor because I have spent so many years watching Lynn and you see companies like Poultec sponsoring them, but you always dream that one day it could be you. I love the sport and I want to help it grow again, gaining exposure so like I say, it really is a privilege.”
King’s Lynn owner Keith Chapman is delighted with the new partnership.
“I am very pleased to have Minors and Brady as our new team sponsor this year and I would like to welcome them to the club,” he said
“I know that Alex has been coming to watch the Stars for many years and he really has the club’s best interests at heart. Hopefully we can help them going forward as much as they’re help us as a club. 
“We like to have support from local businesses and the fact that they’re a Norfolk-based company is really good for the area and it is good for everyone involved. 
“I think it is brilliant how they have grown as a company in the last couple of years and not only that, they have also gone from being a sponsor for one of our riders to now being our team sponsor which is great for everyone. 
“Minors and Brady is a company that is growing and with the partnership that we now have, we can hopefully grow with them and take King’s Lynn on to bigger and better things.”

The Stars will launch the new season with their press and practice on Monday, March 16, at the Adrian Flux Arena. All media are welcome to attend with team photos and rider interviews taking place between 12pm - 3pm.
Gates will then open for supporters at 6pm with riders out on track between 6.30pm and 8pm, followed by a Q&A session between 8.30pm - 9pm in Champs Bar.

• Like 4

I'm assuming this is the Alex Brady who posts regularly on here.....

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

I'm assuming this is the Alex Brady who posts regularly on here.....

Pretty sure it's him as he did mention about being an Estate Agent once.

Good on him from being a supporter for many years and then sponsoring the Stars.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Well done & good luck to @AlexBrady in his sponsorship of the Stars in 2020 :t:

• Like 6