Jump to content
British Speedway Forum
Daniel Smith

King's Lynn Stars 2020

Recommended Posts

Hadnt Doyle signed a deal in Sweden as well as Poland but dropped his Swedish commitment to stay loyal to British speedway? Seems the most loyal rider to these shores is an Aussie and full respect to him.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, bellevueace said:

Hadnt Doyle signed a deal in Sweden as well as Poland but dropped his Swedish commitment to stay loyal to British speedway? Seems the most loyal rider to these shores is an Aussie and full respect to him.

Don't get things twisted though. He's not riding the UK 'for' Swindon. He's doing it for his family. He admitted he hated all his time away. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Daniel Smith said:

Don't get things twisted though. He's not riding the UK 'for' Swindon. He's doing it for his family. He admitted he hated all his time away. 

So what? Doyle has been one of the most committed riders I have seen on UK shores in 20 odd years. He has given nothing but 100 percent in every race he goes out in, never misses a meeting because he can''t be arsed and is pure entertainment. Has not once considered ducking the UK and would ride every day of the year if he could. You would struggle to find a rider past or present or future who puts a club before their family.

Lambert is just a prima donna, big sulking baby and your probably better off without him long term.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Daniel Smith said:

Don't get things twisted though. He's not riding the UK 'for' Swindon. He's doing it for his family. He admitted he hated all his time away. 

Jason Doyle rides with an England flag on the leg of his kevlars. Sure, it may be partly down to his family life but he is still loyal to this country and, thankfully, Swindon repayed that loyalty when the BSPA tried to get rid of him by giving him an average of over 13.

At least there's one GP rider who is keen to ride here.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, Grachan said:

Jason Doyle rides with an England flag on the leg of his kevlars. Sure, it may be partly down to his family life but he is still loyal to this country and, thankfully, Swindon repayed that loyalty when the BSPA tried to get rid of him by giving him an average of over 13.

At least there's one GP rider who is keen to ride here.

I think the last line is key, ONE GP rider who rides over here, and if his family wasn’t based here I suspect he wouldn’t. 

Lambert no longer resides in the UK and as well as his two leagues will be doing GP, SEC and presumably GP qualifying. Riding once a week in Sweden rather than often twice over here plus the extra travelling and less down time must be a big factor in his decision. Loyalty doesn’t really come into it for me, he has to do the best for himself and his career whatever that means. Tai is obviously a role model and mentor for him and his achievements since he cut out UK racing speak for themselves. 

As I said I don’t blame him at all and hopefully he goes from strength to strength and continues to develop into a world class rider. 

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Bagpuss said:

I think the last line is key, ONE GP rider who rides over here, and if his family wasn’t based here I suspect he wouldn’t. 

Lambert no longer resides in the UK and as well as his two leagues will be doing GP, SEC and presumably GP qualifying. Riding once a week in Sweden rather than often twice over here plus the extra travelling and less down time must be a big factor in his decision. Loyalty doesn’t really come into it for me, he has to do the best for himself and his career whatever that means. Tai is obviously a role model and mentor for him and his achievements since he cut out UK racing speak for themselves. 

As I said I don’t blame him at all and hopefully he goes from strength to strength and continues to develop into a world class rider. 

Definitely don’t blame him he’s got to do what’s right for him to maximise earnings and home life and of course his speedway career- as for racing in the Uk there is so much uncertainty regarding COVID restrictions personally I can’t see league racing starting here until possibly July 1st as we can’t run without crowds - sadly  speedway in the UK was on its knees before COVID - COVID has just made matters worse 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Grachan said:

Jason Doyle rides with an England flag on the leg of his kevlars. Sure, it may be partly down to his family life but he is still loyal to this country and, thankfully, Swindon repayed that loyalty when the BSPA tried to get rid of him by giving him an average of over 13.

At least there's one GP rider who is keen to ride here.

I'm sure I read it somewhere that Doyley - having lived in UK for some years - is going to seek British Citizenship in the not too distant future.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Pinny said:

So what? Doyle has been one of the most committed riders I have seen on UK shores in 20 odd years. He has given nothing but 100 percent in every race he goes out in, never misses a meeting because he can''t be arsed and is pure entertainment. Has not once considered ducking the UK and would ride every day of the year if he could. You would struggle to find a rider past or present or future who puts a club before their family.

Lambert is just a prima donna, big sulking baby and your probably better off without him long term.

I like Doyle,but if he was at the beginning of his career with no family so to speak he would have dropped the UK imo.Just what Lambert has done.Doyle don't need to prove himself anymore.Lambert is now having to prove himself against the best riders in the world,and with the current restrictions the Poles have laid down i don't blame him racing Poland and Sweden.Although Sweden isn't as strong as it use to be it makes sense at the moment.Hopefully the Poles will drop the 2 league rule at some point and we may see some of the other riders back in the UK.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Pinny said:

So what? Doyle has been one of the most committed riders I have seen on UK shores in 20 odd years. He has given nothing but 100 percent in every race he goes out in, never misses a meeting because he can''t be arsed and is pure entertainment. Has not once considered ducking the UK and would ride every day of the year if he could. You would struggle to find a rider past or present or future who puts a club before their family.

Lambert is just a prima donna, big sulking baby and your probably better off without him long term.

Agree regarding Lambert,just took the p*SS at times with Kings Lynn ,self interest was his main priority .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Fromafar said:

Agree regarding Lambert,just took the p*SS at times with Kings Lynn ,self interest was his main priority .

You’ll have to remind me of those occasions as I was thinking today what a good servant to Lynn he’s been since he turned sixteen, maybe there are incidents I’ve forgotten? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

You’ll have to remind me of those occasions as I was thinking today what a good servant to Lynn he’s been since he turned sixteen, maybe there are incidents I’ve forgotten? 

Probably virtually none, but if he reads the forum, at least it'll put his mind at rest making the decision he has.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, gazzac said:

Probably virtually none, but if he reads the forum, at least it'll put his mind at rest making the decision he has.

Virtually none,;) that covers it no doubt.

Edited by Fromafar

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Bagpuss said:

I think the last line is key, ONE GP rider who rides over here, and if his family wasn’t based here I suspect he wouldn’t. 

Lambert no longer resides in the UK and as well as his two leagues will be doing GP, SEC and presumably GP qualifying. Riding once a week in Sweden rather than often twice over here plus the extra travelling and less down time must be a big factor in his decision. Loyalty doesn’t really come into it for me, he has to do the best for himself and his career whatever that means. Tai is obviously a role model and mentor for him and his achievements since he cut out UK racing speak for themselves. 

As I said I don’t blame him at all and hopefully he goes from strength to strength and continues to develop into a world class rider. 

You can say what you like , Doyle flat out rides here and always has , before he had a family here. Tai and Lambert now both dont ride here. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Privacy Policy