Jump to content
British Speedway Forum
Daniel Smith

King's Lynn Stars 2020

Recommended Posts

Bit of a shock,but if he signs for Lynn i for one will give him a chance to prove he has changed his ways a bit.4 years out is a long while and this may have re-kindled his love of the sport he had as a youngster.Undoubtedly he had great talent and if he came in at a low enough average say for reserve it could be a great coup for any team.He could also not be a great coup,time will tell i suppose .But i think he deserves every chance like most of us do at some point in our lives.And i am not a Bridger fan,but he could change my mind.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Another shock announcement of a Aussie making a come back in the following days!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think we are going to get more and more of this in light of COVID and Poland.....clubs are going to prefer UK based riders who will prioritise our domestic racing and not spend money flying European riders in and out. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, sommelier said:

Another shock announcement of a Aussie making a come back in the following days!

McGowan?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, sommelier said:

Another shock announcement of a Aussie making a come back in the following days!

Who could that be?

A shock i would say Parker,Johnston,Sullivan,Watt.

Not so much a shock Smith,North,Skidmore.All mainly due to age,but Crump  has shown that to be irrelevant really.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Pinny said:

McGowan?

Miles out 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, tellboy said:

Who could that be?

A shock i would say Parker,Johnston,Sullivan,Watt.

Not so much a shock Smith,North,Skidmore.All mainly due to age,but Crump  has shown that to be irrelevant really.

Johnston

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Pinny said:

McGowan?

Forgot about him,probably only very late 30's now as he came here when only 16 i think.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, sommelier said:

Johnston

Blimey,he's nearly 50 isn't he.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So assuming Bridger signs Lynn will presumably line up like this

Cook

Riss

Jorgensen

Kerr

Proctor 

Bridger

 

While the priority should be to get the league up and running again I wonder if this is an indication of team strengths this season? 

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He always rode Lynn well whenever he was there too, especially in his younger days. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

So assuming Bridger signs Lynn will presumably line up like this

Cook

Riss

Jorgensen

Kerr

Proctor 

Bridger

 

While the priority should be to get the league up and running again I wonder if this is an indication of team strengths this season? 

I thought Riss had jumped ship and gone to live in Europe; or did I read that wrongly?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thought he always lived in Europe?

 

6 minutes ago, Richard Weston said:

I thought Riss had jumped ship and gone to live in Europe; or did I read that wrongly?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

People seem to have overlooked with Riss that he competes in the Polish 2nd Division, so is only able to ride in two other leagues aswell. You’d anticipate that would rule him out of at least one of Redcar or Lynn, maybe even both.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Privacy Policy