British Speedway Forum
ProudtobeaBrummie

Birmingham Brummies 2020

Right then guys with our 2019 season over .What we looking forward to in 2020.

1.Adam Ellis 

2.Broc Nichol

3.Tero Aarnio

4.Ash Morris

5.Jason Garrity

6.James Shanes (c)

7.Tobias Thomsen 

Looks like a good solid team imo . Thomsen needs to step it up away from home but other than that everyone can score points home and away . I know i am also optimistic selecting Broc . You never know been a Wednesday track can be a slight advantage with a few of the riders looking to break into Polish or Swedish racing .

Edited by ProudtobeaBrummie

Keeping Adam will be vital I think.

I have said before no reason why Brummies should not go for Broc as I believe his backers will want to get him experience on a weekend in Europe and Polish D2 or 3.

Tero and Jason would be ideal back up and Ashley deserves an injury free run

Hopefully James will be back and fit if not how about enticing Zak back until he is.

Tobias I am just not sure of, Drew Kemp was released by Sheffield and would be a great option on a false average.

Do we know points limit yet??

25 minutes ago, HGould said:

Keeping Adam will be vital I think.

I have said before no reason why Brummies should not go for Broc as I believe his backers will want to get him experience on a weekend in Europe and Polish D2 or 3.

Tero and Jason would be ideal back up and Ashley deserves an injury free run

Hopefully James will be back and fit if not how about enticing Zak back until he is.

Tobias I am just not sure of, Drew Kemp was released by Sheffield and would be a great option on a false average.

Do we know points limit yet??

That is my point re Broc that leaves us in a strong position with half the league riding on weekends.

I think the management will be looking to have at least a couple of assets in the 1-7 . 

I really hope Agertoft is not in the 1-7 would be a disaster he just is not ready yet .

Paco seems quite popular amongst fans and management but despite been a asset he is not great value on his current average .  Dont be surprised if he is not announced as our first rider .

Not sure about Zach tbh as previously mentioned not the most exciting rider you will ever see.

Why is Kemp on a False average ? What would you expect it to be ? is it because you feel he is a reserve not a number 2 ? 

1 hour ago, ProudtobeaBrummie said:

That is my point re Broc that leaves us in a strong position with half the league riding on weekends.

I think the management will be looking to have at least a couple of assets in the 1-7 . 

I really hope Agertoft is not in the 1-7 would be a disaster he just is not ready yet .

Paco seems quite popular amongst fans and management but despite been a asset he is not great value on his current average .  Dont be surprised if he is not announced as our first rider .

Not sure about Zach tbh as previously mentioned not the most exciting rider you will ever see.

Why is Kemp on a False average ? What would you expect it to be ? is it because you feel he is a reserve not a number 2 ? 

i think Kemp is on a false average as I think at somewhere like Brum he could add 2 + points to it.

I think Kemp will be as sought after as Broc and if we could get both would have us right in contention.

I think Kemp might go to Sunny can't think after that where he might go?

1. An Electrician

2. Another Electrician, in case the first one is too busy wiring up a plug in Denmark

3. A Spin Doctor to explain why the electricians haven't done their jobs

4. A new team manager

5. A Rain Maker, in case the new spin doctor struggles to excuse the inefficient electricians

6. Arthur Browning - keeping things "in-generation" with the current fan-base

7. Who cares? He'll probably "take a break from the sport" before you've had a chance to learn how to spell his name.

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, GiveusaB said:

I think Tom Bacon will return ?

Do not think there will be many complaints from the Perry Barr Faithful . I also think think Paco will be back also .  

1 hour ago, pienpeesman said:

Good quiz questions for all Brummies ( who was the last world champ to ride for Birmingham ) 

The obvious answer is he wasn't world champion when he rode for us.

1 hour ago, pienpeesman said:

Good quiz questions for all Brummies ( who was the last world champ to ride for Birmingham ) 

IIRC, it was Karl Maier.

• Like 1

I could see Adam Roynon perhaps signing. Apparently, he's planning to return next season 

Edited by Shaggy

13 hours ago, kitten2502 said:

The obvious answer is he wasn't world champion when he rode for us.

Check out Leicester hunters post as I never mentioned what type of speedway 

25 minutes ago, pienpeesman said:

Bruce Cribb ?

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, pienpeesman said:

Martin Smolinski or Zach Waj

• Like 1