British Speedway Forum
ProudtobeaBrummie

Birmingham Brummies 2020

I will not be happy if Harris “graces us” with his presence. Pearson & Tatum are always saying he’s a 100% trier - they obviously didn’t witness him when he was in the Brummies team before.......shocking doesn’t cover it. 

10 hours ago, Col said:

I'd hope Garrity is 3rd in the start of season Brummie averages, riding at #4. Not a #5.

Wouldn't touch either Dane who tootled around Perry Barr in Red & Yellow last year. Tobias Thomsen is not young, Nick Agertoft is 

If rumours are to be believed could Brummies field. 1. Aarnio or Covatti . 2. Morris. 3. Shanes. 4. Garrity. 5. Harris. 6. Castagna. 7. Hume.

Does a teams #1 have to be the rider with the highest average? It takes away the craft of a team manager imposing such rules IMO.

Yes. The craft of a team manager is where to put your 2-5 with either of your reserves at 6 & 7.

At Swindon this year, in the Supporters Cup, Swindon were wise in the 13 heat + 2 nominated heats to have their 2nd top heat leader at 3 & not 5 like others did.

Edited by IronScorpion

As a 2nd heat leader Bomber would be good but not as No. 1,(as at Ipswich/Somerset) so if they could get Ellis too ???

Not sure how that would stand with averages etc and believe he doesn't come cheap

Harris's average is 8.65 according to GSA Issue 33 1.10.19 on BSPA site.

The only riders with higher averages are Masters (9.14), Cook (10.49), Wright (9.38), E Riss (8.84), King (8.95) & Schlein (8.69).  Would think Erik Riss a great signing fro the Brummies, he was untouchable on his one visit to Perry Barr last year, but with Garrity already signed that team might be top heavy.  With Shanes & Morris it adds up to 35.75.

I do think that the rules insisting that the rider with the highest average has to be at #1, I'd always rather than the best rider in a team at #5 as they have 3 rides with a reserve.

Good luck with Harris, he let us down big time last season at Glasgow,  only seems to turn it on with Poole

• Like 1

I'm not sure who would infuriate me more on my visits to Perry Barr.  Harris for missing the gate or Paco (if resigned) for not moving off the curb.

4 hours ago, Col said:

Harris's average is 8.65 according to GSA Issue 33 1.10.19 on BSPA site.

The only riders with higher averages are Masters (9.14), Cook (10.49), Wright (9.38), E Riss (8.84), King (8.95) & Schlein (8.69).  Would think Erik Riss a great signing fro the Brummies, he was untouchable on his one visit to Perry Barr last year, but with Garrity already signed that team might be top heavy.  With Shanes & Morris it adds up to 35.75.

I do think that the rules insisting that the rider with the highest average has to be at #1, I'd always rather than the best rider in a team at #5 as they have 3 rides with a reserve.

Got your figures a little wrong. Harris finished the season on 8.70 with only Cook (10.18) Wright (9.59) and Masters (9.03) above him. 

2 minutes ago, Marshall07 said:

Got your figures a little wrong. Harris finished the season on 8.70 with only Cook (10.18) Wright (9.59) and Masters (9.03) above him. 

As stated I was taking the figures from the latest GSA's on the BSPA site, that seemed more upto date (1/10) than the averages section (06/09).

2 minutes ago, Col said:

As stated I was taking the figures from the latest GSA's on the BSPA site, that seemed more upto date (1/10) than the averages section (06/09).

You looked at the wrong column. The 01/10 averages are in the green column

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Marshall07 said:

You looked at the wrong column. The 01/10 averages are in the green column

So why haven't you included Rasmus Jensen in your list as he is also above Harris?

Well i am pleased to have signed Bomber .Solid number 1 at this level . So Welcome back Chris . 

To one poster on here who was critical of me for been critical of our manager hypocrite alert !!!! or is it i am only allowed a opinion if it is in line with yours .

Anyway i may view Bombers previous stint at Birmingham through rose tinted specs . I loved that season and the team was so successful in 2013 when we topped the table and got to the grand final . I cant remember any real weak links through that season .Every rider had one or 2 match winning performances .

53 minutes ago, ProudtobeaBrummie said:

Well i am pleased to have signed Bomber .Solid number 1 at this level . So Welcome back Chris . 

To one poster on here who was critical of me for been critical of our manager hypocrite alert !!!! or is it i am only allowed a opinion if it is in line with yours .

Anyway i may view Bombers previous stint at Birmingham through rose tinted specs . I loved that season and the team was so successful in 2013 when we topped the table and got to the grand final . I cant remember any real weak links through that season .Every rider had one or 2 match winning performances .

Averages can be deceptive regarding Solid No 1’s. . Can Harris win the big heats 13/15 compared to Ellis who has a lower average.Harris can certainly average 8pts in Championship. Garrity and Harris a good start to Team building though.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, double_O said:

So why haven't you included Rasmus Jensen in your list as he is also above Harris?

Cause I'm blind haha!