British Speedway Forum
ProudtobeaBrummie

Birmingham Brummies 2020

5 hours ago, dorothy58 said:

Good luck with Harris, he let us down big time last season at Glasgow,  only seems to turn it on with Poole

Hope Brum havent been naive enough to have him on a guarantee, like we were allegedly.

5 hours ago, Fromafar said:

Garrity and Harris a good start to Team building though.

Is it? Huge chunk out of whatever the team building limit is.

To similar in my opinion, neither can be relied upon to make a date when it matters.

Great entertainers though.

6 hours ago, Col said:

To similar in my opinion, neither can be relied upon to make a date when it matters.

I’m with you on this one, I don’t see much value in Harris on a near 9 point average and can’t imagine he will be cheap either.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Col said:

It is a gamble with Harris if he is meant to be an out and out No1.Garrity has to stay fit, something he has failed to do most seasons.Could still be strength in depth Team with right signings.

Is there a supporter living in the Tamworth area who could help out an old supporter friend of mine who has avidly followed the Brummies since 1946 but who is now unable to drive? He is looking for a lift to and from Perry Barr for the 2020 season and would willingly pay half of the fuel cost.

If there is anyone out there who could help, would they please send me a private message with a contact number.  

Many thanks

Edited by brianbuck

18 hours ago, Col said:

Huge chunk out of whatever the team building limit is.

Not really. I would imagine provisional approval has been given for a 42.5 point limit for next year. It makes sense, and I would think the majority of clubs in the Championship favour it. This is the BSPA we are dealing with though....

If Birmingham now sign the riders I think they will, the team comes in at just under 42.5 (42.48 to be precise). Watch this space....

Harris and Garritty are great signings....neither are out and out number 1's, but they will definitely give us value for money so far as entertainment goes...

How anyone can criticise Bomber is beyond me? a true racer if ever there was one....

I think I would add Morris/Shanes and most likely Paco too....I'm guessing Agertoft will return at reserve ?

Not sure what that would leave us with ? (average wise...)

Ellis would be the icing if 'figures' allow?

16 minutes ago, GiveusaB said:

Harris and Garritty are great signings....neither are out and out number 1's, but they will definitely give us value for money so far as entertainment goes...

How anyone can criticise Bomber is beyond me? a true racer if ever there was one....

I think I would add Morris/Shanes and most likely Paco too....I'm guessing Agertoft will return at reserve ?

i fear Adam is already committed to Denmark and Sweden (Tuesday and Wednesday) and that Harris + Garrity are part of a stronger top 4 without the out and out number 1.

I don't think Adam will ride CL this season as he decided not to last winter and only came in as less Polish meetings than he anticipated.

Agertoft would be a poor signing even at reserve. Better British riders on lower averages are surely available.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Col said:

Agertoft would be a poor signing even at reserve. Better British riders on lower averages are surely available.

Would be a awful signing on a 4.00 average .

28 minutes ago, ProudtobeaBrummie said:

Would be a awful signing on a 4.00 average .

Park him for a year or two and let him develop in Denmark. 

• Like 1

On 10/20/2019 at 9:45 AM, GiveusaB said:

Harris    8.7
Garrity    7.23
Shanes    5.31
Morris    5.46
Castagna    4.93

9.37 is points limit is 41, 10.87 if points limit is 42.5.

• Thanks 1