British Speedway Forum
ProudtobeaBrummie

Birmingham Brummies 2020

Tobias Thomsen, who should improve a lot next year, is still on 4, which leaves 5.37 to 6.87 for the seventh.  Tero Aarnio would fit in 42.5? I for one would like to see him back.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, *JJ said:

Tobias Thomsen, who should improve a lot next year, is still on 4, which leaves 5.37 to 6.87 for the seventh.  Tero Aarnio would fit in 42.5? I for one would like to see him back.

Aarnio's average is 6.85 so he fits with a 42.5 limit.

I never saw Tobias Thomsen ride for Brummies so can't comment.  Is he really more of a prospect than Danyon Hume who's average is 3.27.  Hume is two years younger.

Edited by Col
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, *JJ said:

Agree here JJ that would be a great 1-7 competitive and exciting 

1 hour ago, Col said:

I never saw Tobias Thomsen ride for Brummies so can't comment.  Is he really more of a prospect than Danyon Hume who's average is 3.27.  Hume is two years younger.

Thomsen showed vast improvement towards the end .I assume a big factor will be Paco, Shanes and Thomsen are all assets so would save costs in terms of loan fees . Granted i have no idea what sort of money you pay for a loan but never the less a saving it would be . 

Loan fees are probably nothing compared to airfares, obviously don't know if Castagna, Aarnio & Thomsen plan to base themselves in the UK in 2020.

6 hours ago, Col said:

I hate to say/admit, but Thomsen is a much better/abled rider than Danyon…...

I'd prefer Stoneman over Danyon…...

I thought I'd read that Kemp might be up for grabs?

And there's still Tom Bacon to factor in ? (possibly)

Well done to our promoters for bagging 2 great signings early doors!

Up the Brummies!

• Like 1

Bacon is 5.2ish average wise.

I only saw Hume once. He was quick but erratic, I'd take that over Agertoft very slow but steady & Castagna's less slow but clamped to the inside unless forced off it.

Danyon certainly deserves a chance at CL level but I feel we must move quickly as will be a lot of Clubs after quality British reserves.

• Like 1

Not that it matters much but who are Hume's "parent" club?

6 minutes ago, Sings4Speedway said:

Sarj next to join the Coventry reunion?

I hope not, immensely frustrating unless he has stopped trying to jump the start every heat.

Fairly certain from what people have posted that the septet will be Chris Harris, Jason Garrity, Tero Aarnio, James Shanes, Ashley Morris, Tobias Thomsen & Paco Castagna assuming the points limit is 42.5

34 minutes ago, Col said:

Not that it matters much but who are Hume's "parent" club?

Ipswich.

Just now, Col said:

I hope not, immensely frustrating unless he has stopped trying to jump the start every heat.

Fairly certain from what people have posted that the septet will be Chris Harris, Jason Garrity, Tero Aarnio, James Shanes, Ashley Morris, Tobias Thomsen & Paco Castagna assuming the points limit is 42.5

Tero wont be back and I very much doubt the points limit will be 42.5 if one; or as suggested two more teams come into the league, as there wont be enough riders to go round for the rest of the sides, the build level will be 40 or possibly 41 depending on what happens with the British Riders reduction which again has been suggested that this will be -5% for riders who have raced in the National League within the previous 3 years.

Much speculation at present but all should be a lot clearer by the second week of November post AGM

Regards
THJ

32 minutes ago, TotallyHonestJohn said:

Tero wont be back and I very much doubt the points limit will be 42.5 if one; or as suggested two more teams come into the league, as there wont be enough riders to go round for the rest of the sides, the build level will be 40 or possibly 41 depending on what happens with the British Riders reduction which again has been suggested that this will be -5% for riders who have raced in the National League within the previous 3 years.

Much speculation at present but all should be a lot clearer by the second week of November post AGM

Regards
THJ

I wouldn't be surprised if it's even lower than that, mainly to accommodate NDL riders (the NDL will be well down on clubs, if it actually exists).

• Like 1

3 hours ago, TotallyHonestJohn said:

Tero wont be back

What makes you say that? He has been quoted as saying the reverse.