British Speedway Forum
ProudtobeaBrummie

Birmingham Brummies 2020

On 11/10/2019 at 1:57 AM, Col said:

On 5.2 average, no. Shanes & Morris similar, Castagna lower.

Never understand this logic. Riders with an average below haven't ridden as well as Tom did so therefore he'd be the better rider to have

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Marshall07 said:

Never understand this logic. Riders with an average below haven't ridden as well as Tom did so therefore he'd be the better rider to have

Forgetting injuries i would have Bacon over Shanes in a heartbeat. Yes there might be the wide riding entertainment factor from Shanes but in Tom Bacon there is a rider who is incredibly well polished and professional and knows how to win.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Marshall07 said:

Because it depends how that average was attained?  A rider who averages 5.2 from reserve had easy rides attaining that average than a rider who attained an average of 5.2 in 1-5.

In this circumstance I have no idea from what position Bacon attained a 5.2 average, certainly until the signings of Aarnio & Garrity, with Morris injured Castagna was often being called upon for heats 13 (R/R) & 15 duties at Perry Barr.  Which IMO significantly lowered his average, if he spent any time at all at reserve it was at the start of the season.

1 hour ago, Col said:

Because it depends how that average was attained?  A rider who averages 5.2 from reserve had easy rides attaining that average than a rider who attained an average of 5.2 in 1-5.

In this circumstance I have no idea from what position Bacon attained a 5.2 average, certainly until the signings of Aarnio & Garrity, with Morris injured Castagna was often being called upon for heats 13 (R/R) & 15 duties at Perry Barr.  Which IMO significantly lowered his average, if he spent any time at all at reserve it was at the start of the season.

Bacon rode the tough no.2 from the beginning of the season and put points on his average. Winning heat 1 in most meetings, home or away.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Col said:

In this circumstance I have no idea from what position Bacon attained a 5.2 average.

Tom gained his average for Redcar riding at No. 2. (Damn, beaten to it!)

Edited by Boothers
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, GiveusaB said:

Tough one....Shanes or Bacon ? I'd have both and leave out the foreigners!

Just to add...Tom is by far the better starter and we all know that James has to do it the hard way....but he certainly can do that!

Is Shanes a Poole asset, coz if he is, I'm sure they'll want him back if they're dropping down ?

Think you will find Shane's a brum asset  as he was bought on a full transfer 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The compulsory purchase order notices have been posted.

A corner of the stadium car park will be needed for adjacent road widening, so next year the stadium car parking capacity will be much reduced.

On-Street in the area will also  be curtailed due to road works relating to the building of transport links for the Commonwealth Games Athletes Village, adjacent to the stadium.

So, like it or lump it, the One Shop Stopping Centre car park will be one of the even fewer options available to you next year. 

Have never parked anywhere except the One Stop when attending Brummies fixtures.

I park outside the tile warehouse on the Walsall Road; plenty of room there.

With a points limit of 42.50 would this be ok

Harris 8.70
Garrity 7.23
Nicholls 8.00
Morris 5.46
Shanes 5.31
Hume 3.27
Thomsen 4.00

29 minutes ago, sancho said:

With a points limit of 42.50 would this be ok

Harris 8.70
Garrity 7.23
Nicholls 8.00
Morris 5.46
Shanes 5.31
Hume 3.27
Thomsen 4.00

Don't think limit will be that high?

Even less likely I think we could afford Harris and Nicholls - still big earners would reckon a grand a meeting minimum each.

If Scotty had become available b4 Bomber me I'd have had Scotty to balance side with a "gater".

Harris / Garrity / Shanes all opponents got to do is slick off track and we are in trouble.

Expect plenty of new shale at Perry Barry! 

That's if they could afford the shale. It's not the amount you need to put down more to do with the prep