British Speedway Forum
ProudtobeaBrummie

Birmingham Brummies 2020

If Castagna is signed he'd surely start at reserve as Morris & Shanes have a higher average and one would hope there must be another rider signed with a higher average than Morris.  I think he'd be a good reserve, I also think the number 2 position would suit him well since he's a decent gater and prefers to ride the inside, #2's nights end early and there is less chance that all the dirt will have moved to the outside by then.  Don't forget Castagna did a fair few heats 15's & R/R in heat 13 before Aarnio & Garrity joined, after Morris was injured which will have decreased his average (& probably confidence).

• Like 1

If my spreadsheet is correct & Castagna is the next 2020 Brummie, 10.02 for two riders remains.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Col said:

If my spreadsheet is correct & Castagna is the next 2020 Brummie, 10.02 for two riders remains.

If that's the case, then another strong heat leader and a 'lesser' reserve would be my preferred option?

Luke Becker springs to mind again?

Think I'd take Thomsen over Castanga saves a point and was improving towards end of last season

3 hours ago, GiveusaB said:

If that's the case, then another strong heat leader and a 'lesser' reserve would be my preferred option?

Luke Becker springs to mind again?

Luke can't ride championship due to his visa I believe!

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Marshall07 said:

Luke can't ride championship due to his visa I believe!

That was only last year, as it was his first season as I understand it.  Now he can get an assessed average based on his average with Wolves its not a problem.  While he is a joy to watch, I have a feeling Becker is no go, he'll be too busy with continental commitments to ride for the Brummies or any other Championship club.

Never saw Thomsen ride, so no comment.  Agertoft on 4.00 is no go for me.  Think Danyon Hume is worth a punt on his 3.1ish average, unlikely to be in the Leicester team as their reserves are sorted.

Thomsen earned another try next year with his scoring in the last couple of matches: he won heat 1. Judging by Laurence Rogers' comments in the Speedway Star last week, I think that we may be seeing him again next year. Agetoft could ride well, but couldn't do the starts most of the time.

Agertoft is definitely not a 4 point rider and needs to invest in decent equipment to make any grounds. He does have natural talent and is one for the future imo….

Thomsen showed signs in his first stint what he was capable of, but didn't seem quick enough? on his second stint he clearly had invested in better equipment, or a better tuner and he was right on the pace...…..if he came back as well as he finished, then he's a very good prospect.

Love Danyon, but there's something missing in his make-up to go any further in this sport (imo…)

We definitely need to sign someone who can 'trap' ??? 

5 hours ago, Col said:

That was only last year, as it was his first season as I understand it.  Now he can get an assessed average based on his average with Wolves its not a problem.  While he is a joy to watch, I have a feeling Becker is no go, he'll be too busy with continental commitments to ride for the Brummies or any other Championship club.

Never saw Thomsen ride, so no comment.  Agertoft on 4.00 is no go for me.  Think Danyon Hume is worth a punt on his 3.1ish average, unlikely to be in the Leicester team as their reserves are sorted.

I don't believe it has anything to do with his average. His visa (last year),  allowed him only to ride in the Premier league. He would need to re- apply, for a visa to ride in the championship and another to ride in the Premier.

6 minutes ago, Islander15 said:

I think Joe Lawlor will be announced soon. 

I think Paco will be signing No.5 - announcement tomorrow!

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Islander15 said:

I think Joe Lawlor will be announced soon. 

What average is Lawlor? (I'm guessing 2.00) I've seen him at PB a couple of times with indifferent performances.

Looks more than capable of doing a steady job at reserve. In the mould of Stoneman imo. He will definitely improve on a 2 average (with the right machinery)

Would've looked at Connor Mountain if Leicester didnt re-sign him? rides PB extremely well.

Edited by GiveusaB

Castagna confirmed as a Brummie in 2020.

• Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, GiveusaB said:

What average is Lawlor? (I'm guessing 2.00) I've seen him at PB a couple of times with indifferent performances.

Looks more than capable of doing a steady job at reserve. In the mould of Stoneman imo. He will definitely improve on a 2 average (with the right machinery)

Would've looked at Connor Mountain if Leicester didnt re-sign him? rides PB extremely well.

Joe Lawlors average is 2.00, Connor Mountain average is 4.61 with 2.5% reduction, if he is with Lions in 2020 it'll be in the main body of the team.

• Thanks 1