British Speedway Forum
ProudtobeaBrummie

Birmingham Brummies 2020

13 hours ago, GiveusaB said:

Nico Covatti would be a great signing if we can get him....would team up well with Paco?

Covatti fits with 2.20 left, but if the final rider is a 2 pointer then so does Adam Ellis.  Have a feeling Covatti will be retained by one of his 2019 teams.

9 minutes ago, Col said:

Joe Lawlors average is 2.00, Connor Mountain average is 4.61 with 2.5% reduction, if he is with Lions in 2020 it'll be in the main body of the team.

With over 8 remaining I can't see Leicester having Mountain. They still have space for a number 1

Really happy to see Paco back, absolute no brainer in my opinion. He had a good year last year after being written off when we signed him and hes a rider that interacts really well with the fans. The team that has being built so far looks solid, so its going to be be interesting to see who the final two riders are. I think a 2pter and a heat leader is the way to go especially with such a strong reserve as Paco who should score big points.

Did anyone see the Brummies twitter post last night talking about today's announcement? There was a picture of the Super Mario Brothers which instantly made me think we were going to announce Paco but made me also are going to sign just the one Italian! :D

14 hours ago, GiveusaB said:

Agertoft is definitely not a 4 point rider and needs to invest in decent equipment to make any grounds. He does have natural talent and is one for the future imo….

Thomsen showed signs in his first stint what he was capable of, but didn't seem quick enough? on his second stint he clearly had invested in better equipment, or a better tuner and he was right on the pace...…..if he came back as well as he finished, then he's a very good prospect.

Love Danyon, but there's something missing in his make-up to go any further in this sport (imo…)

We definitely need to sign someone who can 'trap' ??? 

I think you are wrong about Hume and for me it will be  a travesty if he is not given another prolonged run at Championship level.Last year he buckled down and had a great year no injuries and he did that with fewer meeting's meaning lack of sharpness.People forget before his first injury what he was averaging for Ipswich and if Hume was with another strong reserve  Birmingham at least at home would be strong in that department all year.

Edited by Sidney the robin

Paco at reserve fills me with optimism !

Covatti next please ??? :D

Arnio has signed for Scunthorpe (wish him well and dread it when he comes to PB) :D

2 minutes ago, Sidney the robin said:

I think you are wrong about Hume and for me it is a travesty if he is not given another prolonged run at Championship level.Last year he buckled down and had a great year no injuries and he did that with fewer meeting's meaning lack of sharpness.People forget before his first injury what he was averaging for Ipswich and if Hume was with another strong reserve  Birmingham at least at home would be strong in that department all year.

I would love Hume to prove me wrong, but imo his reactions do not last the whole meeting.....just my opinion. This leads to falls/injuries.......

Lovely lad though and I certainly want him to be successful wherever he rides!

4 minutes ago, GiveusaB said:

Paco at reserve fills me with optimism !

Covatti next please ??? :D

Arnio has signed for Scunthorpe (wish him well and dread it when he comes to PB) :D

Paco even at reserve will not have it all his own way especially at no 6 riding away.

I think that leaves us with 10.04 for 2 riders and if Paco is to start at reserve that means at least 1 is going to be over 4.93

So do we go for 2 5 pointers or 1 higher (Ellis please on 7.80) and 1 as a 2-3 pointer

Couldn't agree more about Danyon, certainly deserves a chance and would be a good reserve pairing with Paco.

Was gutted he wasn't given a fair run last year, I heard Eastbourne tried to sign him after he left us but were not allowed due to his NDL Club objecting, goes to show if we don't snap him up now some other CL Club will.

With Stoneman most likely to go to Somerset or back to Kent surely Danyon is a perfect no 7.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, GiveusaB said:

I would love Hume to prove me wrong, but imo his reactions do not last the whole meeting.....just my opinion. This leads to falls/injuries.......

Lovely lad though and I certainly want him to be successful wherever he rides!

Do you  think he is not capable of riding at reserve in the Championship ? he is better than alot of the reserves certainly better than Stoneman( who i like) and Lawlor i know Danyon's average could be a stumbling block.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, sancho said:

I think that leaves us with 10.04 for 2 riders and if Paco is to start at reserve that means at least 1 is going to be over 4.93

So do we go for 2 5 pointers or 1 higher (Ellis please on 7.80) and 1 as a 2-3 pointer

Covatti or Danny King would be my choice and as someone mentioned earlier, Joe Lawlor.

Ellis will be signing for Poole!

1 minute ago, GiveusaB said:

Covatti or Danny King would be my choice and as someone mentioned earlier, Joe Lawlor.

Ellis will be signing for Poole!

Hasnt Adam Ellis signed for a Polish Club?

3 minutes ago, HGould said:

Couldn't agree more about Danyon, certainly deserves a chance and would be a good reserve pairing with Paco.

Was gutted he wasn't given a fair run last year, I heard Eastbourne tried to sign him after he left us but were not allowed due to his NDL Club objecting, goes to show if we don't snap him up now some other CL Club will.

With Stoneman most likely to go to Somerset or back to Kent surely Danyon is a perfect no 7.

If we signed Danyon it would compromise the quality of signing another heat leader?

We definitely need to sign someone who can gate!!! (Covatti/King/Ellis)

Edited by GiveusaB

1 minute ago, HGould said:

Hope you are right he deserves a chance last year i think he scored double figures plus  in every meeting bar a couple of meeting's.I think he is unlucky not to be in Leicester's plans but i fully understand that because they are developing the Thompson twins career's which is great news.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Sidney the robin said:

Do you  think he is not capable of riding at reserve in the Championship ? he is better than alot of the reserves certainly better than Stoneman( who i like) and Lawlor i know Danyon's average could be a stumbling block.

Yes Sidney....he has the ability to hold his own at reserve and is very exciting to watch......my observations are only my personal opinions about him making progress :t:

• Like 1