British Speedway Forum
ProudtobeaBrummie

Birmingham Brummies 2020

Just now, GiveusaB said:

Yes Sidney....he has the ability to hold his own at reserve and is very exciting to watch......my observations are only my personal opinions about him making progress :t:

Yes and they are valid and you could be proved right and the injury side of thing's still concern me maybe Kent might take a punt.?

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Brummie Kev said:

Hasnt Adam Ellis signed for a Polish Club?

That doesn't mean the Polish club will use him very often, they use squads and British based riders signed by the second & third tier clubs don't tend to get many outings.  Only Luke Becker did enough tier 3 fixtures to attain an average.  Josh Pickering & Ricky Wells completed 2 meetings, Todd Kutrz 1.  Ellis has signed for Rzeszów along with 8 other seniors. 

35 minutes ago, sancho said:

I think that leaves us with 10.04 for 2 riders and if Paco is to start at reserve that means at least 1 is going to be over 4.93

I make it 10.02 (probably due to spreadsheet rounding up down to two decimal places  with the 2.5% average reduction applied to Brits)

30 minutes ago, GiveusaB said:

If we signed Danyon it would compromise the quality of signing another heat leader?

We definitely need to sign someone who can gate!!! (Covatti/King/Ellis)

King on 8.46 with reduction is too high.

Covatti & Ellis fit with a 2 pointer.

Hume leaves 6.83 (if my figures are correct)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GiveusaB said:

Covatti or Danny King would be my choice and as someone mentioned earlier, Joe Lawlor.

Ellis will be signing for Poole!

Word on the street is that King is heading down to darkest Dorset too.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Brummie Kev said:

Hasnt Adam Ellis signed for a Polish Club?

Loved to see him at Kent....still T/R holder! :D

15 minutes ago, Osirian08 said:

Has Tom Bacon signed for anyone yet ?  Surely deserves a place at Birmingham if his average fits ?

No.  But I can't see him at Birmingham, his 5.07 average would leave 4.95 for the final spot and would see the Brummies having 5 rides on averages between 4.9 & 5.4.

Edited by Col
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, GiveusaB said:

Massive long shot but........Be a great coup if we persuaded Martin Smolinski to return?:t:

Whatever average he comes in on it'll be too high!  I don't think he has ever ridden second tier Speedway in the UK

If it turns out to be Ellis/Covatti and Lawlor next then it’s a much better balanced team by the Mason’s. Decent top end strength with Harris & Ellis able to handle most heats 13 & 15 and Garrity comes up with the odd meeting where he’s unbeatable too. Hopefully they aren’t relying on away wins in Scotland! Paco should score well at reserve and with Shanes or Morris at second string they’ll always have a decent reserve this coming year without any foreigners who don’t know the tracks and are struggling to compete. 

38 minutes ago, Islander15 said:

If it turns out to be Ellis/Covatti and Lawlor next then it’s a much better balanced team by the Mason’s. Decent top end strength with Harris & Ellis able to handle most heats 13 & 15 and Garrity comes up with the odd meeting where he’s unbeatable too. Hopefully they aren’t relying on away wins in Scotland! Paco should score well at reserve and with Shanes or Morris at second string they’ll always have a decent reserve this coming year without any foreigners who don’t know the tracks and are struggling to compete. 

Our hands were tied last season, as we didn't know what league we'd be in, so our team building was somewhat delayed.

Looks like the Masons are spoiling us this season......thank you Peter/David!

3 hours ago, Islander15 said:

No Ellis next year; he's not doing the CL allegedly.  It's 'two new names', probably a 7 and a 3 point riders at a guess.

9 hours ago, Sidney the robin said:

Yes and they are valid and you could be proved right and the injury side of thing's still concern me maybe Kent might take a punt.?

Danyon progressed a lot this year and had Adam Roynon in his pit most meetings and has learnt that the throttle goes both ways think he will defo do a turn for whoever he signs for 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, mac101 said:

Danyon progressed a lot this year and had Adam Roynon in his pit most meetings and has learnt that the throttle goes both ways think he will defo do a turn for whoever he signs for 

I only saw Hume once, he was certainly quick, if a little erratic. Worth a punt on 3.19. never saw Thomsen or Perry do don't know how they compare.

Edited by Col
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, Col said:

I only saw Hume once, he was certainly quick, if a little erratic. Worth a punt on 3.19. never saw Thomsen or Perry do don't know how they compare.

Thomsen is, imo, a lot stronger than Danyon....Tom can't gate and it holds him back at Championship level.

Having looked through unsigned riders for 2020, with 2019 averages. Can't see anything other than a 8 pointer & a 2 pointer being sought. Just no riders fit with Thomsen or Hume/Perry.

Edited by Col
  • Like 1