British Speedway Forum
ProudtobeaBrummie

Birmingham Brummies 2020

29 minutes ago, GiveusaB said:

Bradley Wilson Dean ???

His PL average is higher than Becker's, so no.

• Thanks 1

does anybody know if we've secured a 'professional' track curator for next season? I think that this 'signing' will be as important as our final 'team' member!?

Looking more and more likely to me our seventh man will be Ben Barker.

His average fits, he rides PB well, was always worth watching when he rode for us last time and frankly I can't see him fitting in anywhere else (a part from Newcastle) with the rider signings made so far. Some on here have mentioned that he 'comes with baggage', but I don't know what that means.

• Like 1

I think its more funny reading the Poole thread and seeing them in panic mode over who they're going to sign ? :rofl:

5 hours ago, GiveusaB said:

Barker or THJ anyone???

Wouldn't have touched either with a barge pole. But I'd not have signed Harris & Garrity. THJ because at least he could at least gate once. You don't average 8ish in the Polish Ekstraliga without being able to gate.  Barker (like Garrity & Harris) has never been a reliable gater.

3 hours ago, GiveusaB said:

I think its more funny reading the Poole thread and seeing them in panic mode over who they're going to sign ? :rofl:

Don't read Poole threads! Their bunch of annoying twits invade every thread regardless of its relevance to their club.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Col said:

Wouldn't have touched either with a barge pole. But I'd not have signed Harris & Garrity. THJ because at least he could at least gate once. You don't average 8ish in the Polish Ekstraliga without being able to gate.  Barker (like Garrity & Harris) has never been a reliable gater.

But then you don’t struggle to find a club in any country last year like THJ did. I’m sure he didnt even start the season in Sweden because nobody signed him up. 

• Like 1

I trust LR's judgement....he's picked a solid 6 so far and I'm sure he's not going to undo that with someone he doesn't think will add to the set-up!?

7 hours ago, Col said:

Hopefully our track will not be a gaters track.....it never has been in the past, apart from the odd 'slick' prep, which is obviously what the home favourites requested.

We've got a team of racers and they'll demand an outside line, especially on the 2nd bend! (I'd imagine?)

I think Heat 1 and 15 will be the 2 races that might require an electric start?

16 hours ago, poolebolton said:

THJ

You certainly know your stuff! :t:

Any chance for the lotto numbers tomorrow please? :D

Well done LR....a very promising, solid looking side! at least 5 of our riders will improve their average if they can stay injury free! (imo)