British Speedway Forum
ProudtobeaBrummie

Birmingham Brummies 2020

3 hours ago, DC2 said:

Give him time.  :)

That comment gave me my best laugh of the year !!   Thank you.   I'm a fan of Ledwith which made it funnier.

1 hour ago, East End Fan said:

That comment gave me my best laugh of the year !!   Thank you.   I'm a fan of Ledwith which made it funnier.

Apparently, Rob has said that he’s expecting his fiercest opponent in the GPs to be Tai Woffinden’s son.  :)

• Haha 3

The more full 1-7's that are announced, the better the Brummies septet looks at the moment.

Leicester also look strong, expecting Glasgow & Poole to also produce competitive teams.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Col said:

The more full 1-7's that are announced, the better the Brummies septet looks at the moment.

Leicester also look strong, expecting Glasgow & Poole to also produce competitive teams.

Leicester are weak at reserve imo.....(no disrespect, but it's a massive jump for Dan/Joe)

Scunthorpe have a nice balance, as do Eastbourne imo.....

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Glasgow just sunk in my expectations.

Eastbourne will never do anything away from Arlington.

Leicesters top 5 will win meetings without their reserves scoring more than a point, often.

• Like 2

On 11/28/2019 at 9:40 AM, GiveusaB said:

I want Garrity to miss the gate! LOL

Hancock is an exception to ANY speedway rider! Being a 'brilliant' gater.......avoiding serious injury,....keeping in top shape.....a rider, not only with skill, but a very high intelligence!

One of the best summations of Greg  I have ever read spot on long may he continue and   others should  learn  from  his example !

Edited by FAST GATER
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, ProudtobeaBrummie said:

Any news on young Zach Waj ? is he riding in 2020 at any level ?

Looks like there's going to be a few talented young Brits falling by the wayside, if they don't get fixed up?

Surely Connor Mountain will get signed?

Would love to see JPB back in action at NL level....he has/had massive potential !

I don't think ZW will re-appear?  think his confidence is shot?

Brummies look to have a decent team this year, especially as you'll always have one strong reserve! Expect you to be in the top 6!

• Like 1

8 hours ago, szkocjasid said:

Brummies look to have a decent team this year, especially as you'll always have one strong reserve! Expect you to be in the top 6!

Personally i don't see it. Harris average will only drop, Garrity & Shanes have reached their level. If THJ has better bikes than the MDL kit than was using last year he will be a major trump card and Morris will probably put a point on but teams need bigger improvements than that to even make top half.

Out of interest if six teams qualify for the play offs next year, this year’s top six included Somerset 41.97 and Sheffield 39.61.

3 hours ago, Sings4Speedway said:

Personally i don't see it. Harris average will only drop, Garrity & Shanes have reached their level. If THJ has better bikes than the MDL kit than was using last year he will be a major trump card and Morris will probably put a point on but teams need bigger improvements than that to even make top half.

Assuming that all the other clubs have made significant improvements?

My only concern is....and I'm not being negative....we have a team that''s capable of beating any other team when all are firing, but on the flip-side, we might be 'beatable' by the weakest team when they're not?

I'm extremely happy with our 7 and look forward to seeing some proper action at PB this season.....

If I had to choose between thumping everyone every week and winning the league, or seeing some great racing and not quite making the play-offs, then I'd choose the latter!

May be it's my age?!

• Like 4

To my mind play-off speedway has done real damage to the sport for rider development and supporters expectations.

Its all short term - results today now.

Any idea when details of Brummies season tickets will be out.