British Speedway Forum
ProudtobeaBrummie

Birmingham Brummies 2020

2 hours ago, uk_martin said:

Wow, how 1970's is that?  No PayPal, no Apple Pay, No Google Pay, no credit cards, no chip'n'pin, no bank transfers. 

I wonder if the season tickets will be properly laminated or just given a coating of "sticky backed plastic" in true Valerie Singleton/John Noakes/Peter Purvis, Blue Peter style?

No wonder young fans aren't attracted when speedway continues to pander to a bygone age.

But just think of the joy on their faces when the pigeon carrying it turns up! ;)

• Haha 2

The 10 meeting ticket appeals, I'm bound to miss several meetings due to holidays, is there any discount on that?

2 hours ago, uk_martin said:

Wow, how 1970's is that?  No PayPal, no Apple Pay, No Google Pay, no credit cards, no chip'n'pin, no bank transfers. 

And when your current account only allows withdrawals of £200 cash a day it means you have to plan ahead!  I don't know when I last had a chequebook.

Edited by Col

1 hour ago, Col said:

The 10 meeting ticket appeals, I'm bound to miss several meetings due to holidays, is there any discount on that?

ADULTS £145.50 ; CONCESSIONS £ 123.50; STUDENTS £44.50

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, uk_martin said:

I wonder if the season tickets will be properly laminated or just given a coating of "sticky backed plastic" in true Valerie Singleton/John Noakes/Peter Purvis, Blue Peter style?

No wonder young fans aren't attracted when speedway continues to pander to a bygone age.

BANK TRANSFER IS AVAILABLE .  

2 hours ago, GiveusaB said:

Great value by sounds of it!

Well done to our promoters/management!

More meetings and an even better starting 7 than last season. All for the same price!

Brilliant.

I really hope we can get the on-track product right now with a skilled 'curator'.......we don't want to fall short with an unfit surface!?

1 hour ago, Speedway fan said:

ADULTS £145.50 ; CONCESSIONS £ 123.50; STUDENTS £44.50

That’s an excellent offer........other clubs should take note......

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, uk_martin said:

Here the season ticket will be a”chip and pin “ implanted in your forehead and your scanned on the way in.:rolleyes: Modern technology you can’t beat it.;)

5 hours ago, uk_martin said:

and more importantly , NO photo id .      back to the future  ! 

10 hours ago, Bear_Bottom said:

But just think of the joy on their faces when the pigeon carrying it turns up! ;)

Might need to turn the paraffin lamps up (or have they been upgraded to town gas yet?) to be able to read what it says. :D

13 hours ago, uk_martin said:

At least we now know why young fans aren't attracted to speedway. Because they can't pay by Google Pay. Problem solved right there.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, jenga said:

and more importantly , NO photo id .      back to the future  ! 

That's only for you, as it would frighten the children lol.

• Haha 2

Well buying a 10 match ticket was easy enough, fill in a form and email it back.  BACS transfer the money. Done :)

• Like 2