British Speedway Forum
ProudtobeaBrummie

Birmingham Brummies 2020

AND FOR THOSE WHO DON'T LIKE DOING E-MAIL ETC THEY CAN GO TO THE TRACK ON SUNDAY AND DO THEIRS WITH CASH OR A CHEQUE FROM 10 TILL 1 ..AND HAVE A CUPPA AND A BISCUIT !!

On 12/11/2019 at 6:44 AM, uk_martin said:

Wow, how 1970's is that?  No PayPal, no Apple Pay, No Google Pay, no credit cards, no chip'n'pin, no bank transfers. 

I wonder if the season tickets will be properly laminated or just given a coating of "sticky backed plastic" in true Valerie Singleton/John Noakes/Peter Purvis, Blue Peter style?

No wonder young fans aren't attracted when speedway continues to pander to a bygone age.

Season tickets are sold to help pay some bills over winter. To get people buying them they have to be a decent incentive, if you offer any of the futuristic solutions they cost you even more on top of the savings you offer.

1 hour ago, Marshall07 said:

Futuristic solutions they cost you even more.

:rofl::D card payments, BACS transfer, email...Futuristic? :blink:

6 hours ago, Col said:

:rofl::D card payments, BACS transfer, email...Futuristic? :blink:

Haha maybe the wrong term used but you get what I mean. I'm sure most clubs would accept BACS just fine but cards, PayPal etc have costs attached to them

I hope b'ham can sort the track out with the team of none gaters. They will need a lot more dirt on  not like the dust bowl it was towards the end of season this year. 

• Like 1

If they can prep it like they did when Eastbourne visited, it'll be a great season of action at Perry Barr.

On 12/11/2019 at 7:54 PM, The Dog said:

At least we now know why young fans aren't attracted to speedway. Because they can't pay by Google Pay. Problem solved right there.

Well, yes, in a roundabout way it's a step towards solving the problem. Look at supermarkets now, it's all set up so you can get in and out as quickly as possible, self service, paying via phone etc. Young people are not interested in spending unnecessary time going somewhere or doing something when that thing could be made 10x easier with technology.

Kids these days can't even be bothered to vote in a general election, so they're not going to turn up to see Main Man with cash and a stamped address envelope are they?

All tracks should, as a minimum, take care payment nowadays. It's one of the few quick wins and is a step towards getting young people back involved.

On 12/11/2019 at 8:54 PM, The Dog said:

At least we now know why young fans aren't attracted to speedway. Because they can't pay by Google Pay. Problem solved right there.

Joke about it by all means...that really will solve the problem.

Funny that at an event I went to in the Summer, even hotdog vans were accepting "tap & go" payments. So a hotdog seller can afford the costs of business in the 21st Century, but a Speedway club can't???

Great.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, uk_martin said:

Funny that at an event I went to in the Summer, even hotdog vans were accepting "tap & go" payments. So a hotdog seller can afford the costs of business in the 21st Century, but a Speedway club can't???

Great.

Very few young people use cash these days, you have a very good point.Even I am being converted which I never though would happen.:rolleyes:

4 hours ago, uk_martin said:

Great.

NYC's Bryant park Christmas market is just market stalls but is cash less, card only.

Anyone else feel that the imminent roadworks and general buggering about in Perry Barr will have a negative effect on the speedway club? Be a shame if it does. 

39 minutes ago, czechhero said:

Anyone else feel that the imminent roadworks and general buggering about in Perry Barr will have a negative effect on the speedway club? Be a shame if it does. 

Perry Barr in general has a negative effect on numbers attending speedway! (it's a sh#t hole!) :rofl:

Joking aside, there seems to be a lot of local opposition to the planned roadworks (flyover demolition)