British Speedway Forum
ProudtobeaBrummie

Birmingham Brummies 2020

5 minutes ago, Chris116 said:

The Bulls website show their first game at home is on Sunday 19th April at 2pm against Ouse Valley Eagles.

They dont have a website . Are you aware this is a speedway forum ? 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, ProudtobeaBrummie said:

They dont have a website . Are you aware this is a speedway forum ? 

I am well aware of what this site is. Birmingham Bulls are an American Football team and I tried to answer your question. I won't bother again.

Edited by Chris116

Just now, Chris116 said:

I am well aware of what this site is. But Birmingham Bulls are an American Football team and I tried to answer your question. I won't bother again.

Yes i am aware of this also . I am not sure whether you are winding me up or not . 

The Birmingham Bulls is the name of our Junior team (SPEEDWAY)  that has been running from Perry for the past 2 seasons .

6 minutes ago, Chris116 said:

I am well aware of what this site is. Birmingham Bulls are an American Football team and I tried to answer your question. I won't bother again.

Best to walk away from them Chris. You made a genuine mistake while trying to help them. Clearly best not to try. Plenty of other places to talk here.

• Like 1

Just now, RobMcCaffery said:

Best to walk away from them Chris. You made a genuine mistake while trying to help them. Clearly best not to try. Plenty of other places to talk here.

I walked away from replying to anything on this site a few days ago and made the bad mistake of trying to help, something that does not seem to be liked around here. Having been at my first meeting in 1955 at Rye House, a fan of Wimbledon then Arena Essex than Skegness and then back to Rye House before it closed. Last season I saw just two meetings on the Isle of Wight and following the last week on here I think I will join the former supporter who don't go and have lost interest because the past few days have convinced me I don't want to be involved in this site or Speedway. Although I may read your reply I will not answer it and I will remove this site from my computer.

5 minutes ago, RobMcCaffery said:

Mr high and mighty get a sense of humour .I  notice you like to talk down to people alot  .

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Chris116 said:

I walked away from replying to anything on this site a few days ago and made the bad mistake of trying to help, something that does not seem to be liked around here. Having been at my first meeting in 1955 at Rye House, a fan of Wimbledon then Arena Essex than Skegness and then back to Rye House before it closed. Last season I saw just two meetings on the Isle of Wight and following the last week on here I think I will join the former supporter who don't go and have lost interest because the past few days have convinced me I don't want to be involved in this site or Speedway. Although I may read your reply I will not answer it and I will remove this site from my computer.

Well thats a shame . A huge over reaction but your choice .

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Fromafar said:

Beg to differ regarding your comparison of Silver and Wright.:blink:

Totally agree! Silver was a very stylish (leg-trailer if I remember?) rider! All out action!

2 hours ago, Chris116 said:

Don't walk away completely.Jus take a couple of months not visiting the British Speedway Forum, then return in a refreshed state. 

7 hours ago, uk_martin said:

Are we talking about the former Premier League Riders Champion, James Wright?

Last time I can recall a rider coming in out of the cold after a long lay off like this was Andrew Silver at Rye House in 2009. If I recall, he ended up with an average well above 4.00 and he wasn't half the rider that James Wright was.

If "Rizzla" Wright has been allocated a 4.00 average then that's a bargain.

Bear in mind someone has commented Wright should be on a 2.00 ave!

"Hi-Ho" Andrew Silver. I'll keep my thoughts to myself. Suffice to say give me James Wright everyday of the week.

9 hours ago, Col said:

"Hi-Ho" Andrew Silver. I'll keep my thoughts to myself. Suffice to say give me James Wright everyday of the week.

If you are a stats man then both Wright/Silver are pretty similar really.Both reached 5 British Final's ( Silver's decade more difficult?) one U21 world championship final and both won a Division 2 title.Silver though had two division two averages of 10.46 and 10.66 where as Wright had one year only over nine at 9.53.For me Silver underacheived really he was around with Martin Dugard ( class) yet Dugard pushed on in his career and Silver left the scene everyone will have a view but it would be Silver for me all day long.

• Like 1

Silver and Wright cannot really be compared can they - Silver pretty much left at the top of his game there or there abouts whilst Wright had a couple of good years then slowly fading and becoming a rider nobody would want in their side. 

1 hour ago, Pinny said:

Silver and Wright cannot really be compared can they - Silver pretty much left at the top of his game there or there abouts whilst Wright had a couple of good years then slowly fading and becoming a rider nobody would want in their side. 

And 'both' riders have nowt to do with Birmingham ..... :t:

So, let's try and find out for PTBaB if our 'Bulls' side are running this year? and who is going to be sorting our track out ? :t::D

41 minutes ago, GiveusaB said:

And 'both' riders have nowt to do with Birmingham ..... :t:

So, let's try and find out for PTBaB if our 'Bulls' side are running this year? and who is going to be sorting our track out ? :t::D

Wright rode for Birmingham in the past so actually smart arse, he does have something to do with Birmingham. 

Have you recently been installed as a mod on here ?

• Haha 2