British Speedway Forum
ProudtobeaBrummie

Birmingham Brummies 2020

18 hours ago, RobMcCaffery said:

Best not to ask about wise men and virgins.......

You would be wasting your time looking for the latter in perry barr :D

• Like 1

BIRMINGHAM have added Chris Roynon to their track team for 2020.

The former rider and promoter will advise and assist currant track curators Onny Butler and Mick Coleman at Perry Barr.

Roynon has a wealth of experience and having moved back to the Midlands from Cornwall last year he was a regular at Birmingham near the end of the 2019 season.

The father of former Brummie Adam Roynon has known team boss Laurence Rogers for a long time and worked with him at Plymouth .

Rogers believes his addition to the Perry Barr backroom staff is important. “Chris knows all about track preparation and that will be a bonus to Onny and Mick," he said.

"He is loaning us a blade that he has bought that will be of great benefit to us in track work and has a tractor we can use if we need it too.

"With the new shale we sourced last year the track prep team are getting down to getting the Perry Barr circuit in tip-top condition for the new season.

"His addition to the team is important and a big bonus to us .”

• Like 3

I am feeling quite optimistic now .The more i look at our team the more excited i get for the new season . I expect some cracking meetings at injury's permitting a play off finish in 4th-6th position.

42 minutes ago, ProudtobeaBrummie said:

I am feeling quite optimistic now .The more i look at our team the more excited i get for the new season . I expect some cracking meetings at injury's permitting a play off finish in 4th-6th position.

Whispers up at Berwick would suggest you maybe on the look out for a replacement for one of your riders who has changed his mind about joining you

1 minute ago, Heedthebaw said:

Whispers up at Berwick would suggest you maybe on the look out for a replacement for one of your riders who has changed his mind about joining you

Oh bugger . Would that be THJ  ?

16 hours ago, Heedthebaw said:

logically TH-J then? 

You always wonder with Garrity but the Berwick thing doesn't tie up with that unless they are trying to sign Doolan on some sort of short term deal?

Very few proper 2nd string / potential 3rd Heat Leaders about?

Be a shame as we deserve some luck under Masons who work at it and deserve an injury free season and a fair crack of good luck. 

Hopefully just rumours as THJ is the key to a good season IMO. That said nothing worse than a rider who doesn't want to be at the club. I guess it would be in place of Dany Gapp? But equally could just be mumbles and grumbles with little or no substance to it.

19 hours ago, Heedthebaw said:

What is your source for saying this?

• Like 1

10 hours ago, hobnob said:

hp or daddies?

That's spelt with an A!  Though I notice that "Heedthebaw" (whatever that means) has not replied ...

17 minutes ago, *JJ said:

That's spelt with an A!  Though I notice that "Heedthebaw" (whatever that means) has not replied ...

Head the Ball;)

On 2/15/2020 at 5:41 PM, Speedway fan said:

BIRMINGHAM have added Chris Roynon to their track team for 2020.

The former rider and promoter will advise and assist currant track curators Onny Butler and Mick Coleman at Perry Barr.

Roynon has a wealth of experience and having moved back to the Midlands from Cornwall last year he was a regular at Birmingham near the end of the 2019 season.

The father of former Brummie Adam Roynon has known team boss Laurence Rogers for a long time and worked with him at Plymouth .

Rogers believes his addition to the Perry Barr backroom staff is important. “Chris knows all about track preparation and that will be a bonus to Onny and Mick," he said.

"He is loaning us a blade that he has bought that will be of great benefit to us in track work and has a tractor we can use if we need it too.

"With the new shale we sourced last year the track prep team are getting down to getting the Perry Barr circuit in tip-top condition for the new season.

"His addition to the team is important and a big bonus to us .”

A good addition to the team.

On 2/29/2020 at 9:26 AM, *JJ said:

It should really he Heidtheba' meaning head the ball. ;):drink: