British Speedway Forum
ProudtobeaBrummie

Birmingham Brummies 2020

Huge dent to Brums chances this season. I saw THJ as the real difference maker if he showed up as his average is at bargain levels however sadly so is his commitment to UK speedway. No slight on VG but a big ask to come in as third HL.

20 minutes ago, Sings4Speedway said:

Huge dent to Brums chances this season. I saw THJ as the real difference maker if he showed up as his average is at bargain levels however sadly so is his commitment to UK speedway. No slight on VG but a big ask to come in as third HL.

Quite right...

My appetite for the new season has been suppressed by this team switch!

VG will be behind Shanes/Morris and Paco in the averages....putting him 6th in the side....imo

Thomsen will be back before we know it? (especially if he carried on the way he ended the season?)

17 hours ago, stevebrum said:

Although it’s not really the fault of THJ on this occasion he really can’t be trusted in the UK.

Only ever appears interested in part seasons when it suits.

And every time he's supposedly on a bargain average.. which then drops further. Would have been a miracle if he'd completed the season anyway so probably not a bad thing to have to make the change now.

Grobauer showed some promise last year and will do a decent job

I sAw Grobauer at Arlington and thought he showed a lot of promise

2 hours ago, Sings4Speedway said:

I’ve been hearing this about him for years including his various spells in the top flight. Always appears to be on a bargain low average.

The reality is that it isn’t a bargain at all as he has been hugely overrated for a huge chunk of his career.

At championship level you would expect his average to be much higher but the truth is because of his general lack of interest in riding in the UK I’d say that is mostly his level these days.

• Like 4

10 hours ago, GiveusaB said:

Play-Off credentials have dropped massively : )

Consecutive wooden spoons likely.

If Grobauer was worth signing he'd be in the Rebels 1-7. Asking Morris or Shanes to stand up as third heat leader after their injuries last year is asking too much. I do wonder if the THJ "signing" was a publicity stunt to flog season tickets, he was never coming.

9 hours ago, GiveusaB said:

My appetite for the new season has been suppressed by this team switch!

I want a season ticket refund.

44 minutes ago, Col said:

I want a season ticket refund.

Are you seriously saying you bought a season ticket on the back of one signing?!!!!!!!

14 hours ago, stevebrum said:

I’ve been hearing this about him for years including his various spells in the top flight. Always appears to be on a bargain low average.

The reality is that it isn’t a bargain at all as he has been hugely overrated for a huge chunk of his career.

At championship level you would expect his average to be much higher but the truth is because of his general lack of interest in riding in the UK I’d say that is mostly his level these days.

I never  saw this as a bargain signing at all,  a huge underachiever who does not come cheap Brum will be better off in the longterm.

• Like 4

Seems like a bit of a Jonasson free for all on here, not his fault he’s been mucked about and I think he’d have been a decent signing without setting the world alight. His exclusion certainly weakens Brum.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

Seems like a bit of a Jonasson free for all on here, not his fault he’s been mucked about and I think he’d have been a decent signing without setting the world alight. His exclusion certainly weakens Brum.

Agree. Swedish Fixtures moved, that's his homeland and main income stream, no brainer.

Unfortunate for us and happened at a time with very little options available, especially when we don't have access to a work permit.

I remember seeing Grobhauer at Somerset, he looked OK and he seems to have become homesick and left at a time when he was starting to show some form.

Lets get behind the lad, it is still a very solid 1-7.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Bagpuss said:

I saw him ride for King's Lynn at Swindon a few years ago way overweight and he was woeful.Even  at Champs level for me never good anough now to be a reliable third heat leader.

• Like 1

Having reflected over-night....I think that VG will have more desire to prove that he's capable, as opposed to a 'has-been' ?

Obviously a massive skill difference, but us Brummies love a trier and I hope VG gives us his all, at the very least!?

Did he quit mid-season last year, or was he pushed? that will tell us a lot about the man?

• Like 1

Just read last seasons report about VG leaving Somerset?

May states that VG felt that he wasn't up to the job?

What is the difference this season, especially having not rode in England since last July?

Hmmmmmmmmm???