British Speedway Forum
ProudtobeaBrummie

Birmingham Brummies 2020

Garrity thread now unavailable!!!!

17 hours ago, Brummies_Ste said:

BIRMINGHAM supporters will be able to relive another night of high drama this Wednesday (April 22).

In association with ReRun Productions, last June's Championship home clash with Sheffield will be available online.

The link to view the meeting will be posted on the club's Website, Twitter and Facebook pages at 7.30 - and the action from Perry Barr will again be streamed into your living rooms.

Brummies Team Manager Laurence Rogers said: "We had a great response to the first online broadcast last week and with our thanks to ReRun Productions we’re able to bring supporters another this week.

“It’s another exciting meeting as well with some great racing, plenty of incidents and drama and it was a real tight tussle.

“I’m sure our supporters will feel the same, but I can’t wait to watch more Speedway from Perry Barr on a Wednesday night - even if this one does include a highly embarrassing moment for myself on parade!”

Note: Supporters will only be able to view the meeting by clicking on the links directly or by typing the link details precisely into their SmartTV internet browser.

One of these may be good if you are going to poach 'n' paste ultra-small text
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Mercury-700-054UK-Handheld-Magnifying-Glass/dp/B0012I9PYG/ref=sr_1_1?crid=28ATLJHZTT9EZ&dchild=1&keywords=magnifying+glass&qid=1587559952&sprefix=magnif%2Caps%2C174&sr=8-1 

• Haha 1

Some riders have baggage & reputations like Gollob, N Pederson, Ward, Barker, Garrity & others but teams still sign them or use them as guests for there own liking.

We liked Garrity as a rider as he was approachable in the pits & he was entertaining on the track & in the talk ins after meetings in the clubhouse.

He might have his demons which resulted in the attacks so more will come out in the court in May.

• Like 1

I would have thought Birmingham Speedway would have suspended the rider in question, pending the outcome of the Crown Court hearing.

This would be normal business procedure with anyone involved in a serious court case.

Would the SCB have a view on this situation?

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, IronScorpion said:

Some riders have baggage & reputations like Gollob, N Pederson, Ward, Barker, Garrity & others but teams still sign them or use them as guests for there own liking.

We liked Garrity as a rider as he was approachable in the pits & he was entertaining on the track & in the talk ins after meetings in the clubhouse.

He might have his demons which resulted in the attacks so more will come out in the court in May.

Would love to know what baggage Pedersen and Gollob have to be lumped in with that lot.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

36 minutes ago, orion said:

Yet again no one said he was .. As I suspected and  as I said yesterday you read the post wrong . glad we got there in the end 

That's your opinion, my opinion is that it was a poor choice of post by you, whichever way it was read.   

7 minutes ago, proud panther said:

That's your opinion, my opinion is that it was a poor choice of post by you, whichever way it was read.   

No its  how you read it . What was wrong as has been shown .

Edited by orion

On 4/21/2020 at 9:43 PM, Odds On said:

has the sport not a record for taking back riders that have committed other crimes?...in no way am i defending any rider.

Discussed on another thread. Drugs offences yes. I don't believe so for riders convicted of other crimes. (Not sure if the riders convicted of causing death by dangerous driving returned to the sport)

2 hours ago, Richard Weston said:

I would have thought Birmingham Speedway would have suspended the rider in question, pending the outcome of the Crown Court hearing.

This would be normal business procedure with anyone involved in a serious court case.

Would the SCB have a view on this situation?

I fail to see what purpose it would do given the season has no chance of starting before the court date.

Birmingham have already issued a statement, and its true there is nothing else to add. 

• Like 4

12 hours ago, stevebrum said:

I fail to see what purpose it would do given the season has no chance of starting before the court date.

Birmingham have already issued a statement, and its true there is nothing else to add. 

From a practical point of view, I agree, but I would still have done it as a point of principle.

The other issue is that the court date in May will not necessarily be the trial/hearing. It maybe but it could well be put off until later in the year.

17 hours ago, JCookie said:

Would love to know what baggage Pedersen and Gollob have to be lumped in with that lot.

I did say baggage & reputations, the latter being the case for Pederson & Gollob.

43 minutes ago, Tosh1218 said:

I think Garrity would be a STEAL on that average

Naw, he’s bad for locking up.:rolleyes:

On 4/22/2020 at 9:18 PM, stevebrum said:

Is this going to be Garrity's first offence? In which case would it surprise anyone if he got a non-custodial sentence, or a suspended sentence at worst? Then what?

He'll be free to walk the streets again. Trendy Lefties will be preaching "rehabilitation", some will even preach "compassion" and "forgiveness". 

As it stands, he's not suspended from the team, and if speedway started again, so would he. And here's a forecast....just like Erik Cantona was forgiven for his crime, Garrity will be given a second chance, will rack up the points and be forgiven by the fans too.  Just a guess like...