British Speedway Forum
ProudtobeaBrummie

Birmingham Brummies 2020

11 minutes ago, stevebrum said:

I’d imagine IF the season was running the press release may have been different. However I still think it would include the line ‘we will not be making any further comment’. 

Some people quickly forget when something like this happens. Ward abused chance after chance and must rank as one of the worst regular offenders but some people forgave or forgot because of how good he naturally was on a bike.

Garrity should be treated no different as it was no worse than Ward’s involvements back then. 

No doubt the moral police will continue to attack Garrity and defend Ward in equal measures because time elapsed. 

Just to be clear I am in no way defending the behaviour of any one of the individuals.

Darcy only had the one conviction. It was only a very limited number of people who defended his actions. I see very little difference between how the two are being treated on here, with the exception of the absence of certain poole fans. 

Garritys offence imo is significantly more serious than that which Darcy was convicted of. One was stupidity, the other pre meditated and nasty.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, waiheke1 said:

Darcy only had the one conviction. It was only a very limited number of people who defended his actions. I see very little difference between how the two are being treated on here, with the exception of the absence of certain poole fans. 

Garritys offence imo is significantly more serious than that which Darcy was convicted of. One was stupidity, the other pre meditated and nasty.

Garrity has the one conviction (it’s suspect whether either had more) also. I’d  say stupidity played a part for both riders. 

Plenty of undercurrent activity for Ward such as his involvement/none involvement in the case that won’t be mentioned, the mysterious head injury prior to the night of the PO final for Poole (supposedly due to a fight). I guess the question of when does stupidity become more dangerous behaviour?

Anyway I’m assuming we shouldn’t be discussing the case or any other cases so let’s try keep it a low key discussion.

I think neither character are the brightest tools in the Speedway world. 

• Like 1

Hang on , are people honestly classing riding a motorbike stoned just as bad as robbing two vulnerable people with a blade ? Jesus Christ. 

• Like 8

14 hours ago, waiheke1 said:

His conviction was for driving/riding under the influence, evading police and having the incorrect license.

Nice...Drugged in charge / drunk in charge of a potential killing machine...the sort of offences that can have consequences just as lethal as carrying a knife. Lucky nobody actually got hurt in either case.

14 hours ago, stevebrum said:

Some people quickly forget when something like this happens. Ward abused chance after chance and must rank as one of the worst regular offenders but some people forgave or forgot because of how good he naturally was on a bike.

Garrity should be treated no different as it was no worse than Ward’s involvements back then. 

No doubt the moral police will continue to attack Garrity and defend Ward in equal measures because time elapsed. 

Stevebrum has hit the nail straight between the eyes here. And like stevebrum I too in no way condone what Garrity did...simply examining a different angle to the "hang him high" approach that got another thread closed down.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, uk_martin said:

And like stevebrum I too in no way condone what Garrity did...simply examining a different angle to the "hang him high" approach that got another thread closed down.

I suspect the other thread got closed down rightly so IMHO by the venomous personal insults being thrown around - not connected in anyway to JG!

Edited by kitten2502
error
  • Like 5

1 hour ago, uk_martin said:

Nice...Drugged in charge / drunk in charge of a potential killing machine...the sort of offences that can have consequences just as lethal as carrying a knife. Lucky nobody actually got hurt in either case.

Stevebrum has hit the nail straight between the eyes here. And like stevebrum I too in no way condone what Garrity did...simply examining a different angle to the "hang him high" approach that got another thread closed down.

Unfortunately some really do believe one offence is worse than the other named rider, hence the ridiculous personal attacks that ensure threads get closed down.

Ward was very lucky to get a second chance (quite possibly 3rd or 4th!) so I fail to see why JG wouldn’t get the same. 

Saying that one rider was a potential world champion so deserved the chance is about as blinkered as it gets. 

There is no difference between the 2 riders as far as guilty and appalling behaviour . JG will rightly get boos and abuse if he decides to make Speedway a career again. I remember Ward getting booed at home matches I attended when Swindon were in town when his ban ended.  Some people will let those riders know exactly what they think.

Nobody on here should be defending the behaviours of either rider imho.

Edited by stevebrum
Added detail

Nobody is defending Ward or garrity. 

what Ward got up to was stupid , illegial and irresponsible. What Garrity has done is scum of the earth behavior . A level above what Ward done. 

that said , both are a pair of brain dead idiots 

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, Pinny said:

Nobody is defending Ward or garrity. 

what Ward got up to was stupid , illegial and irresponsible. What Garrity has done is scum of the earth behavior . A level above what Ward done. 

that said , both are a pair of brain dead idiots 

Both w@nkers imo!

• Like 1

22 hours ago, stevebrum said:

Garrity has the one conviction (it’s suspect whether either had more) also. I’d  say stupidity played a part for both riders. 

Plenty of undercurrent activity for Ward such as his involvement/none involvement in the case that won’t be mentioned, the mysterious head injury prior to the night of the PO final for Poole (supposedly due to a fight). I guess the question of when does stupidity become more dangerous behaviour?

Anyway I’m assuming we shouldn’t be discussing the case or any other cases so let’s try keep it a low key discussion.

I think neither character are the brightest tools in the Speedway world. 

I wonder what possible legalities MIGHT be breached in regard to the Garritty case. Like it or not he hasn't been proven guilty as charged in a court. If he is found NOT guilty as charged the BSF might - and I surmise this - be facing an action for substantial damages. stevebrum appears to have concerns about this thread and I tend to respect what he says,

13 minutes ago, gustix said:

I wonder what possible legalities MIGHT be breached in regard to the Garritty case. Like it or not he hasn't been proven guilty as charged in a court. If he is found NOT guilty as charged the BSF might - and I surmise this - be facing an action for substantial damages. stevebrum appears to have concerns about this thread and I tend to respect what he says,

I’m assuming that’s why the thread on discussions was closed down as until someone is proven guilty it’s a very dangerous ground to leave open.

Maybe wait until the May verdict until commenting on the case has been heard. 

Not sure why tbh, the charges are a matter of public record. It's different to the Ward case in that that case had someone who's name was suppressed due to age.

I think the thread was closed down due to personal insults after the forum bigot showed up...

1 hour ago, gustix said:

I wonder what possible legalities MIGHT be breached in regard to the Garritty case. Like it or not he hasn't been proven guilty as charged in a court. If he is found NOT guilty as charged the BSF might - and I surmise this - be facing an action for substantial damages. 

On what grounds? 

35 minutes ago, waiheke1 said:

On what grounds? 

Perhaps he's not the Messiah (He's just a Very Naughty Boy) B)

•  
  • Like 2

On 4/25/2020 at 9:33 PM, waiheke1 said:

On what grounds? 

Just off the top of my head ... that once someone is charged then the case becomes sub judice. Anything discussed that may affect the outcome of the trial or interferes with the selection of unbiased jury members - depending where any trial is heard. Also the possibility of slander/libel if he was not charged/found not guilty. 

• Like 1

On 4/25/2020 at 8:21 PM, gustix said:

Don’t think many would be losing sleep over what has been said on BSF.