British Speedway Forum
ProudtobeaBrummie

Birmingham Brummies 2020

THE next instalment of 'Brummies in Your Living Room' will go live on Wednesday night (August 12, 7.30).

In association with Clean Cut Sports, and kindly sponsored by Private Investigator John F Hope, the latest fixture coming your way sees a breathtaking Elite League Perry Barr head-to-head between Birmingham and Peterborough from August 2011 - starring the likes of Danny King, Daniel Nermark, Nicki Pedersen and Troy Batchelor to name but a few.

The live broadcast will begin at 7.30 on Wednesday night on the following link:
https://youtu.be/ML4o0UKaoho

Birmingham are still inviting individuals or businesses to sponsor their forthcoming Wednesday Night meeting rewinds online in order to help them continue through until the end of October.

Anybody interested should e-mail laurencerogers@blueyonder.co.uk for more details.

But House,s Will Still Be Built There!.                                                                                                                                        Live updates - briefing after £500m athletes village plan in Perry Barr is scrapped in shock announcement                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                       https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/news/midlands-news/live-updates-briefing-after-500m-18755532      

Edited by Bluenose

On 8/12/2020 at 11:35 AM, Bluenose said:

But House,s Will Still Be Built There!.                                                                                                                                        Live updates - briefing after £500m athletes village plan in Perry Barr is scrapped in shock announcement                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                       https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/news/midlands-news/live-updates-briefing-after-500m-18755532      

Just to clarify...the construction work is continuing and workers were still on site today and the new housing development will continue to completion. 

The original intention was for the buildings to be created in the first phase essentially as "bedsits"/hotel rooms suitable for short stay accommodation by about 7,000 athletes during the Commonwealth Games, then in phase two, after the Commonwealth Games, the properties would be reconfigured into 5,000 or so houses and apartments for sale and rent.

COVID-19 came along in February, and the building site went into lockdown. When I passed the other day, taking photos of the site, I asked one of the builders how things were going and he reckoned that the project was 3-4 months behind schedule as a consequence. Obviously, someone high up decided that those 3-4 months of lost time couldn't be guaranteed to be made up so they came up with a Plan B for accommodating the athletes. When Plan B was agreed upon, the housing project went straight to "Phase 2" so construction is continuing except that the first residents there will be the 5,000 householders, not the athletes.

All the rest of what you see in the media is just political spin, scandal and mischief making. Obviously one politician wants to make capital out of it at the expense of the others, that's what they get paid for. Interesting that the biggest  headline grabber on this issue is Jon Hunt, who was the biggest opponent to the re-introduction of speedway at Perry Barr, so whatever it takes to get his name in the papers, he'll be right there.

So I've left voicemail's on the two numbers listed on the site and the emails are still failing, does anyone have a number they might answer?  Still not had a letter about whats happening with my season ticket.

2 hours ago, Col said:

So I've left voicemail's on the two numbers listed on the site and the emails are still failing, does anyone have a number they might answer?  Still not had a letter about whats happening with my season ticket.

Sent you PM.

BRUMMIES IN YOUR LIVING ROOM - PART 19

THE next instalment of 'Brummies in Your Living Room' will go live on Wednesday night (August 19, 7.30).

In association with ReRun Productions, and kindly sponsored by Curtis Sport, the latest fixture coming your way features a see-saw Premier League encounter between Birmingham and Somerset from August 2009 - starring the likes of Richard Sweetman, Ludvig Lindgren, Steve Johnston and Justin Sedgmen to name but a few.

https://youtu.be/3oSvVIDgrvY

On 8/16/2020 at 3:21 PM, Col said:

sent you PM

BRUMMIES IN YOUR LIVING ROOM - PART 20
THE next instalment of 'Brummies in Your Living Room' will go live on Wednesday night (September 2, 7.30).
In association with Clean Cut Sports, and kindly sponsored by Image Cleaning Consultants Ltd, the latest fixture coming your way sees a pivotal clash five years to the day since Birmingham and Eastbourne battled it out to put themselves in the driving seat for the 2015 National League title.
It stars the likes of Zach Wajtknecht, Adam Ellis, Tom Perry, Bradley Wilson-Dean and Daniel Spiller.
Birmingham are still inviting individuals or businesses to sponsor their forthcoming Wednesday Night meeting rewinds online in order to help them continue through until the end of October.
 Anybody interested should e-mail laurencerogers@blueyonder.co.uk for more details.
Image may contain: 8 people

BRUMMIES IN YOUR LIVING ROOM - PART 21

THE next instalment of 'Brummies in Your Living Room' will go live tonight (September 9, 7.30)

In association with ReRun Productions , the latest fixture coming your way sees an eventful and thoroughly entertaining Premier League clash between Birmingham and Sheffield from August 2008.
 Viewing link: https://youtu.be/P85w-dj39SE

More details: http://www.birmingham-speedway.com/news.php?extend.2952

Anybody interested should e-mail laurencerogers@blueyonder.co.uk for more details

As Brummies management are completely ignorant. Had anyone discovered a way of communicating witb them.

There is an email address in the post above. Did you get the message which 'Speedwayfan'  (Rogers) sent you?

Edited by *JJ

19 hours ago, Col said:

As Brummies management are completely ignorant. Had anyone discovered a way of communicating witb them.

Peter has e-mailed you with his e-mail address ..... peter@denma.co.uk  ---

I did get an e-mail timed at 1.09am today that just said ....

"Err Hellio?"

not sure what that meant?  I don't come on here much so just saw this .  Not sure why we are "completely ignorant" ? 
Edited by Speedway fan
add words

I got an email from Peter on 24/08.  I replied with several questions less than an hour and a half later. 

I followed up with another email as I'd had no response on 10/09.

Still had no response.

You wanna do this in public; fine.

Email sent to Peter via email on 24/08 less than 90 minutes after finally receiving correspondence that the season was cancelled. As yet unanswered

We'd be quite happy to carry over our season tickets for 2021, but do have concerns.

The first is regarding retaining the same team, what is the Jason Garrity situation? I heard rumours of trouble with police & possible imprisonment?
Replacing Thomas H. Jonasson with Valentin Grobauer was a last minute change which weakened the team significantly, surely with a whole winter a more adequate replacement could be found?  Or the team strengthened elsewhere.
Chris Harris is another year older.

Along with the cancellation of the UK Speedway season, we have also had 3 holiday's cancelled, which have yet to be re-arranged.  I've never had quite so much AL from work to take.  Until those plans have been rearranged and the fixtures are released I'm not even sure we would be able to attend the ten fixtures we paid to attend in advance next year, if we were only able to attend 8, could two be carried over the next year?

I copied you in on the next email, you didn't respond either.  But here it is....

As you seem incapable of replying to several questions I posed, it is regrettable since I'd really like to support my local speedway team but I think we'll take a refund on our tickets.

I'd appreciate the returned funds as soon as possible.
Edited by Col

AND HAVE YOU HAD YOUR REFUND YET? IF NOT I WILL CHASE AGAIN.

NOT SURE IF YOU KNEW I WAS IN HOSPITAL AND THEN RECOVERING FROM MY SURGERY SO NOT REALLY MONITORING E-MAILS .

AS FOR YOUR QUESTIONS WE WILL LOOK AT TEAM AND RIDER SITUATION AND REPORT WHEN WE NEED TO BUT NATURALLY ARE LOOKING AT IT ON A REGULAR BASIS AND HAVE TO ABIDE BY AGREED RULES .

HOPE THIS COVERS THIS FOR YOU ,