British Speedway Forum
ProudtobeaBrummie

Birmingham Brummies 2020

Why oh why do you feel the need to SHOUT and conduct this in public?I replied via email, but if the refunds were transferred to the bank account they were sent from, they had not been reviewed at 15:00(ish) 24/07.

3 hours ago, Byker Biker said:

Why don't you just tell him to cuff off Laurence?

Because the club want to keep potential season ticket holders,? Perhaps,? 

1 hour ago, Col said:

Why oh why do you feel the need to SHOUT and conduct this in public?I replied via email, but if the refunds were transferred to the bank account they were sent from, they had not been reviewed at 15:00(ish) 24/07.

Didn't you actually post an email on here first? So in affect, you made it public first.

The whole season ticket thing is something that baffles me. Over a season, how much do you actually save? Just pay for the meetings you attend, so what if a season ticket saves you 50 quid a season. Stinks of tightness to me.

• Haha 1

On 9/25/2020 at 2:24 AM, Pinny said:

Didn't you actually post an email on here first? So in affect, you made it public first.

The whole season ticket thing is something that baffles me. Over a season, how much do you actually save? Just pay for the meetings you attend, so what if a season ticket saves you 50 quid a season. Stinks of tightness to me.

Because even though its the year 2020 there is no card payment facility  . i think the last time i handled cash was at a Brummies meeting in 2019

On 10/10/2020 at 7:01 PM, ProudtobeaBrummie said:

Because even though its the year 2020 there is no card payment facility

Woe betide that there should be an online ticketing facility with admission upon the scanning of a barcode on a phone app....Pubs & Clubs can have these things, but not speedway.

...oh wait a minute..."not everyone has a fancy phone"...well, not that generation that still watches black & white television. And therein lies your answer. 

• Sad 1

How about this?

In February I'll give you a sum of money equivalent to 3 quarters of the season's meetings. This gives me a card which grants me contactless entry. Once my credit runs out, you charge me for each further use of my card.

Okay, the promotion don't get any additional money, but they do get most of it earlier.

• Like 1

On 10/10/2020 at 7:01 PM, ProudtobeaBrummie said:

Because even though its the year 2020 there is no card payment facility  . i think the last time i handled cash was at a Brummies meeting in 2019

There will be card payment facilities at Perry Barr when racing resumes ( and would have been had there been racing in 2020)  . Peter Mason has sourced machines that do not require wi-fi connection as there is no such facility at the stadium . 

• Like 1

On 10/12/2020 at 8:27 PM, False dawn said:

How about this?

In February I'll give you a sum of money equivalent to 3 quarters of the season's meetings. This gives me a card which grants me contactless entry. Once my credit runs out, you charge me for each further use of my card.

Okay, the promotion don't get any additional money, but they do get most of it earlier.

Birmingham had two levels of season ticket .for 2020 and will have for 2021   .....full season or a 10 meeting one 

3 hours ago, Speedway fan said:

Birmingham had two levels of season ticket .for 2020 and will have for 2021   .....full season or a 10 meeting one 

Well even the 10 meeting one wasn't very good value this year, was it?

I'll get my coat. :oops:

On 10/24/2020 at 9:32 PM, Speedway fan said:

Laurence, can we have a definite statement that 2020 season tickets will be valid for 2021?

43 minutes ago, Speedway fan said:

yes JJ they will be .

Thank you!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, GiveusaB said:

We dont even know if 2021 will go ahead yet ? : )

Have the government cancelled the whole year then? :P

• Haha 1