British Speedway Forum
ProudtobeaBrummie

Birmingham Brummies 2020

That's next week's depressing announcement.

I see that scum bag Garrity got 7 years and six months jail how low and despicable must you be to do that to two disabled people robbing one of them at knife point should have thrown away the key .

• Like 2

20 hours ago, Mike0310 said:

I see that scum bag Garrity got 7 years and six months jail how low and despicable must you be to do that to two disabled people robbing one of them at knife point should have thrown away the key .

And unbelievably Birmingham haven’t commented on it as far as I’m aware?

• Sad 1

No doubt Laurence Rogers will spout something crap defending Garrity sometime. He is a crook himself.

Well they should and quick, if he keeps his nose clean he will be out by the time he’s 30 maybe 31 but I hope and pray he is given a lifetime ban by the bspa as for me he should be but I’m sure some people will have there own opinions which there fully entitled to.i must admit this case has got my back up even more being the parent of 2 disabled young adults myself.

30 minutes ago, mrss said:

No doubt Laurence Rogers will spout something crap defending Garrity sometime. He is a crook himself.

I take you have evidence to back your allegation.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Najjer said:

What exactly do you think they should say that is not already in the public domain . More importantly why after the cancellation of the 2020 season do you think they should comment ? is he a club asset ? have the club he is a asset of made a statement ?  

2 hours ago, Najjer said:

Brummies made an announcement on the day that Garrity was arrested.

They said they were aware of the matter and would be making no further comment.

He is NOT a Brummies asset so it is surely up to his parent Club to comment whoever they are.

2 hours ago, mrss said:

No evidence at all just utter Bullrubbish . LR is no crook . Infact he works very hard for Birmingham speedway . Is he a good team manager ? in my opinion No . But that is purley professional criticism. My opinion on him non professional is that he is a decent guy and works very hard . Certainly no crook .  

• Like 3

The people who run Birmingham Speedway (ie David and Peter Mason and Laurence Rogers) are decent, hard working people, and I see no reason at all why they should be expected to "comment" on a situation which does not involve them. They have already made it plain that there is no place at Birmingham for Garrity after what he has done  - ()and nor I would hope would there be a place for him at any other speedway club.) Making a public comment on something about which they had no knowledge and had no part in, could only be detrimental to the club they run, so it makes good sense not to do this.

Knowing them, their private opinions will be exactly the same as the rest of us, so let's leave it at this.

• Like 7

2 hours ago, ProudtobeaBrummie said:

What exactly do you think they should say that is not already in the public domain . More importantly why after the cancellation of the 2020 season do you think they should comment ? is he a club asset ? have the club he is a asset of made a statement ?  

I would have expected them to completely distance themselves from him as he was due to be a Birmingham rider in 2020, and make it known they have now cut all ties personally. Saying nothing and sitting on the fence does no good for anybody personally. Just my opinion.

6 hours ago, Najjer said:

No. Even when I've asked in conversation via email. No comment whatsoever from Brummies management. 

10 hours ago, Col said:

No. Even when I've asked in conversation via email. No comment whatsoever from Brummies management. 

Well, rightly or wrongly, you have made it appear that you are just a troublemaker. I suspect that is why they haven't answered.

• Like 5

Birmingham City Council in conjunction with the company redeveloping parts of Perry Barr, launched a competition a few months back, to find names for the six new roads which are being created on the site of the old University. The names, so they said, should reflect the history and current status of Perry Barr!

So what have they come up with? - Diversity Grove, Equality Road, Destiny Road, Inspire Avenue, Respect Way and Humanity Close - all fully reflective of the district!!!!!

Comments made by the seven judges were: "We were impressed by the creativity and range of names." "The names are a true reflection of both Perry Barr and the City." "The names in the winning entry just stood out."

Who were the judges? Waseem Zaffar, Morriam Jan, Zulfigar Khan, Lincoln Moses, Aisha Masood, Anna Evans and Rebecca Farr.

• Like 1