British Speedway Forum
ProudtobeaBrummie

Birmingham Brummies 2020

21 minutes ago, Trackerman48 said:

Like I've said think you're team will end up under the points limit not riders out there who are willing to ride over here on the average you have left 

Every team will end up under the points limit :D

• Haha 2

38 minutes ago, Dandelion said:

Every team will end up under the points limit :D

Trackerman's  post, says 'way' under the points limit!? (he must've edited it?) :t:

Edited by GiveusaB

1 hour ago, GiveusaB said:

Trackerman's  post, says 'way' under the points limit!? (he must've edited it?) :t:

Must have since I quoted him... I'm just being awkward and pedantic :D

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Dandelion said:

Must have since I quoted him... I'm just being awkward and pedantic :D

a female being awkward and pedantic.....thats a new one :D

• Like 1

Just now, Sings4Speedway said:

a female being awkward and pedantic.....thats a new one :D

Just want to keep the tradition going and our reputation up :D Think there are a few males on this forum who could pass as females by that logic

• Haha 3

I was wondering whether Hans Andersen might be a possibility to fill the final place in the Brummies line up.

I don't know what other commitments Hans has for 2021, but with Bjarne Pedersen being in the Peterboro and Plymouth teams, Hans must be a good option.

Hans Andersen has already said that he's not doing championship this season in the speedway star. 

Being at tapes in 2021 is no more fortunate for Brummies than any other team & I'm sure absolutely every other championship team will field a stronger line-up than Birmingham who have had my season ticket money for 16 months!

I'd really love the final rider to make the team competitive but I just can't see it happening.

Harris, Morris, Castagne & Shanes signings fine. Basis of a decent team, it's what you put around them. Thomas fine... If you sign two riders above Morris in the averages... Another second string, fine if you plan to have Harris as second heat leader... It could still happen, I just don't see it.

Edited by Col

Not many options out there....

I think HA would be too expensive for us?

I'm sure LR/DM will want a competitive side as much as the rest of us.....

Just wish Nico would change his mind.....that is my 'dream' signing!

I imagine Bewley and Kurtz will not be options as they will be riding in the Polish league.

Anyway, their averages would be too high.

Edited by Brummie Boy
  • Thanks 1

Surely BWD is nailed on for you guys? Not many places remaining in either league and he's stated on social media he is coming across.

12 hours ago, bloom89 said:

Surely BWD is nailed on for you guys? Not many places remaining in either league and he's stated on social media he is coming across.

Brum look the only team in this division that can fit him in and he's definitely stated he's riding in the UK this coming season..

BWD is a nice enough lad but he has only changed his mind because of the dollary-doos. Demands for equipment will either be high or he will arrive with sub-standard gear. Guarantees are dangerous deals as many have taken clubs to the cleaners with minimal effort. I hope im wildly wrong but i would hate to see Brum in trouble again out of desperation to get a decent number 1 to bolster a very average side. 

• Like 1