British Speedway Forum
ProudtobeaBrummie

Birmingham Brummies 2020

On 3/19/2021 at 1:45 PM, zlata prilba said:

Brum could have a problem with the German given the China Virus state of Germany at the moment on whether he would be able to leave Germany 

Double Trouble now?

I would think he would base himself in the UK now he has 2 teams

Erik Riss was superb when visiting Perry Barr for Redcar a few years ago - the Brummies "Couldn't land a blow". Let's hope Covid restrictions allow.

WHERE are all the nutters who were knocking the Birmingham management saying its about money that's why they have signed any one . Well in Eric Riss they have one solid team member where's UK Martin know? Mind you he will be thinking some crap up to knock them and british speedway.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

45 minutes ago, Trackerman48 said:

WHERE are all the nutters who were knocking the Birmingham management saying its about money that's why they have signed any one . Well in Eric Riss they have one solid team member where's UK Martin know? Mind you he will be thinking some crap up to knock them and british speedway.  

I think that UK Martin might be a bit more happier as I believe that he is half German on his Mother's side.

Excellent choice and credit to Peter, David and Laurence for patience

Potent spearhead with Bomber, whoever is at reserve with Jack ensures very strong No 6.

If Ashley and James can get back to form just before injury we can be very strong.

Fancy our chances in League and Cup now.

Well done all at PB  

1 hour ago, Trackerman48 said:

I think they got lucky. Due to the rocketing covid rates in Germany, vaccine hesitancy in Poland, the EU's multiple cock ups and the NHS success in running the UK vaccination programme being based in the UK suddenly looks more attractive.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Mike0310 said:

Can’t wait to see Harris and riss against our two of crump and pedersen.

Pedersen? As in B*yawn*e? If do Harris will feel like a spring chicken!

7 hours ago, Trackerman48 said:

I was a doubter, unimpressed quite frankly with the first 6 signings but always said one very good heat leader added to that 6 could make a decent team, Riss was the best visitor I witnessed in 2019 at Perry Barr.

I haven't looked at any other team line-ups as yet so can't comment on how competitive I think this team will be as yet.

16 hours ago, Col said:

... Let's hope Covid restrictions allow.

Exactly... According to https://www.speedwaygp.com/news/article/8778/riss-blow-for-kings-lynn  Riss will be riding in the Polish league for his German team (Wittstock) as well as in Sweden for Rospiggarna. Add in the UK, and if no other borders are crossed on his travels, then that's 4 country's worth of rules and regulations to contend with in respect of quarantine / travel restrictions.  If the situation doesn't improve and if the rules don't ease up, then this young chap is going to spend a lot of time in quarantine.

Any word from the BSPZzz about what "facilities" are available for riders missing meetings because of Covid-related travel restrictions / delays? Any advance on being stuck with a 3-point NL reserve? 

1 hour ago, Bagpuss said:

This suggests that he has withdrawn from his Swedish and Danish commitments to ride for Lynn and Brum;

http://www.kingslynn-speedway.com/_mobile/news.php?extend.31057

Thanks for that. Didn't know he had Danish commitments. There's still the matter of crossing the borders to get to and from Germany (home matches for Wittstock) and Poland (Wittstock's away matches), and those two countries are starting their third wave with the virus, so let's wait and see how that pans out.

• Like 1

It's been suggested that Robert Lewandowski may not be able to represent Poland against England in a Football World Cup qualifier on Wednesday as he can't leave Germany, where he plays for Bayern Munich, to enter his home country.  So I'm not convinced Wittstock will be riding many fixtures! Speedway authorities don't have the funds to throw at testing football does.

3 hours ago, Col said:

It's been suggested that Robert Lewandowski may not be able to represent Poland against England in a Football World Cup qualifier on Wednesday as he can't leave Germany, where he plays for Bayern Munich, to enter his home country.  So I'm not convinced Wittstock will be riding many fixtures! Speedway authorities don't have the funds to throw at testing football does.

Dortmund let Bellingham leave Germany to play for England's World Cup qualifiers