British Speedway Forum
ProudtobeaBrummie

Birmingham Brummies 2020

Pretty sure it's down to Government not club decision. Poland are in full lockdown currently, I believe. No idea on infection rates in Germany, Poland, San Marino or Albania.

Just had a quick look at the declared teams.. Glasgow look strong. Eastbourne & Leicester look as good as Brummies. Think Newcastle could pull off a few surprises.

22 hours ago, uk_martin said:

Any word from the BSPZzz about what "facilities" are available for riders missing meetings because of Covid-related travel restrictions / delays? Any advance on being stuck with a 3-point NL reserve? 

Poland have a squad system yet last year they were allowed to use guests from the lower league.

Anybody out there knocking our 'management'....take it back !

What a 'coup' ! (Riss)

Well done David/Peter/Laurence....

I think having Riss will also help VG....

As previously mentioned, by HG, if Morris starts the way he finished before he got injured, with Shanes/Paco, who can both mix it with anyone round PB, we will be hard to beat at home....

They'll be a few jealous Championship fans out there I'm sure....

Up the Brummies.....Give Us a 'B'!

• Like 1

On 3/18/2021 at 12:03 AM, Col said:

Being at tapes in 2021 is no more fortunate for Brummies than any other team & I'm sure absolutely every other championship team will field a stronger line-up than Birmingham who have had my season ticket money for 16 months!

I'd really love the final rider to make the team competitive but I just can't see it happening.

Harris, Morris, Castagne & Shanes signings fine. Basis of a decent team, it's what you put around them. Thomas fine... If you sign two riders above Morris in the averages... Another second string, fine if you plan to have Harris as second heat leader... It could still happen, I just don't see it.

Sorry Col ! :rofl:

18 hours ago, IronScorpion said:

Poland have a squad system yet last year they were allowed to use guests from the lower league.

Is that actually an answer to the question that you quoted?

On 3/28/2021 at 12:36 AM, Col said:

...No idea on infection rates in Germany...

It's been going up lately as are their intentions to lockdown the country further. Not to mention that they are light years behind us with their vaccinations.

On 3/27/2021 at 8:49 PM, Col said:

... I'm not convinced Wittstock will be riding many fixtures! ...

Travel within the EU is a different thing to travelling outside of the EU. Especially to/from countries with their own bespoke virus variants.

On 3/27/2021 at 11:53 PM, zlata prilba said:

Dortmund let Bellingham leave Germany to play for England's World Cup qualifiers 

And here we face another of those anomalies. UK restrictions mean that people can cross borders for "work". HOWEVER, those same regulations also permit "ELITE Sportspeople" to travel too. Not just any old sportsperson, just the elite ones. (thus "work" and "sport" are counted as two different things) So yes, an international footballer will count as an elite sportsperson. But a 2nd division player (of any sport), coming over to do his stuff in front of only a few hundred fans? I don't think that the border authorities will count that as an "Elite" sportsperson. I may be wrong, but I won't be holding my breath.

Edited by uk_martin

You would think that 'Elite' should be worded as 'Professional'..... therefore enabling any sports person that travels to earn money would be un-restricted.

It's not difficult to keep track of their movements etc.....

2 hours ago, GiveusaB said:

You would think that 'Elite' should be worded as 'Professional'..... therefore enabling any sports person that travels to earn money would be un-restricted.

It's not difficult to keep track of their movements etc.....

Probably worded that way to specifically stop that sort of free movement of anyone playing sport otherwise Terry from the Dog and Duck darts team can claim an exemption to play in the Marbella Open - First prize £100.  

52 minutes ago, George Dodds said:

Probably worded that way to specifically stop that sort of free movement of anyone playing sport otherwise Terry from the Dog and Duck darts team can claim an exemption to play in the Marbella Open - First prize £100.  

Didn't know they had put the money up this year:drink:

• Haha 3

4 hours ago, Petecc said:

Didn't know they had put the money up this year:drink:

need to attract a new crowd with all the Brexit voting Costa Brits being deported this week :cheers:

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, GiveusaB said:

Sorry Col ! :rofl:

You think I have an issue with watching competitive meetings? That is all I wanted.

8 hours ago, Col said:

You think I have an issue with watching competitive meetings? That is all I wanted.

Just banter Col.....

Anyway, I think we have a team that offers a lot of hope, potential and entertainment.... I for one couldn't be happier!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, GiveusaB said:

Just banter Col.....

Anyway, I think we have a team that offers a lot of hope, potential and entertainment.... I for one couldn't be happier!

Hope they get the track sorted with the team you got it will need a good bit of dirt on the outside that's for sure .

• Like 1