British Speedway Forum
ProudtobeaBrummie

Birmingham Brummies 2020

I  certainly wouldn't hold it against Peter/David if they have to submit....but I'm sure the fans will have more respect if they try and find someone to take over the reins first, before just giving up.....I know that it's most likely that there wont be any interested parties, but may be a Midland select combination (Brum/Cov/Cradley) could step in? after all, Cradley ground shared with us a couple of years back?

Surely if you're passionate about the sport, then you'd travel 20 or so miles to watch your team?

Just a thought.....

1 minute ago, GiveusaB said:

I  certainly wouldn't hold it against Peter/David if they have to submit....but I'm sure the fans will have more respect if they try and find someone to take over the reins first, before just giving up.....I know that it's most likely that there wont be any interested parties, but may be a Midland select combination (Brum/Cov/Cradley) could step in? after all, Cradley ground shared with us a couple of years back?

Surely if you're passionate about the sport, then you'd travel 20 or so miles to watch your team?

Just a thought.....

They may have already went down those avenues...

38 minutes ago, Marshall07 said:

They may have already went down those avenues...

True...but if they have, then it would be respectful to let the 'loyal' fans know (i.e season ticket holders.... bought in faith...)

1 hour ago, Fromafar said:

Same problem season after season Clubs paying out more money in wages than income coming in.

Clubs should sensible with their wages perhaps? Budget for 500 fans so they won't go bust!

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, szkocjasid said:

Clubs should sensible with their wages perhaps? Budget for 500 fans so they won't go bust!

Problem is they aren't getting 500 fans through the door...

Regards
THJ

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, szkocjasid said:

Fine in practice how what kind of team are you going to be able to put together, remember nothing puts off fans than a few home defeats and by their own admission it looks like Birmingham are down to their hardcore now.

• Like 1

Well and good budgeting for 500 fans, but when some clubs easily get 1000, they’re going to get the better riders, and your riders arn’t going to be happy as getting paid less, and your fans arn’t going to be happy, as you’ll be at the bottom end of the league

• Like 1

Im sorry to see the Brummies yet again in this situation several Promoters have tried and failed to make a go of it at Perry Barr over recent years namely Patchet, Philipps and now Mason only Tony Mole aided by the Drurys and other backroom staff namely the Commercial guy whose name escapes me have made a go of it, I really dont know the answer to the Clubs current plight somehow they need to get through the current season, if they fold midseason i fear that this will be the end for Speedway in Birmingham, as i think the Landlords for one wont be very happy to have yet another Promotion fail. Is there an Investor out there that could put some money in to help promote the Sport locally, i drove through the roadworks where the old flyover used to be early this week no sign of any advertising around there where thousands not hundreds must pass weekly, AV Fc is maybe a mile or just over away WBA Fc just a little further away in the oposite direction surely something could be done there ?, something along the lines of produce a AV/WBA program/match ticket you get half price admission Iv no idea but something is better than nothing, rather than splitting the Juniors & Children under 16 and under 11 just make it kids for a quid, and how about some between race entertainment thats what kills a lot of newcomers having to wait around between races, even the pre meeting introductions could be made more interesting by placing the bikes at the starting gate and having the riders (minus Helmets) and mechanics introduced and walk past the fans as they are announced, a few boos for visiting riders never harmed anyone in fact it helps create a bit of atmosphere. I dont know just throwing a few ideas around but the bottom line is Brum need to get people through the gates for more than the odd meeting otherwise its curtains for Speedway in Birmingham.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, allthegearbutnaeidea said:

Well and good budgeting for 500 fans, but when some clubs easily get 1000, they’re going to get the better riders, and your riders arn’t going to be happy as getting paid less, and your fans arn’t going to be happy, as you’ll be at the bottom end of the league

But we’re at that situation now with some Clubs.The riders have be realistic.The BSPA have tried to solve the problem by letting the better riders ride in both League’s to boost their earning with really is just devaluing the sport as a competition.Fans are not buying into and are voting with their feet at a lot of Clubs.The 2 top leagues are a similar standard now IMo.They should just have 1 senior League and1 NDL league next season,with the struggling Clubs dropping down.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Brummies23 said:

Anyone know why Valentin Grobauer is out again? 

Becsuse his German team rides in the Polish lower leagues snd their home matches are on a Friday. Ridiculous him being in our team when  he’s not available for meetings 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, the hobbit said:

Becsuse his German team rides in the Polish lower leagues snd their home matches are on a Friday. Ridiculous him being in our team when  he’s not available for meetings 

You should know by now that Polish speedway comes first and everything thing else can just naff off. Thats the view from Polish speedway. 

• Like 1

Maybe Birmingham will look at going back to National League level.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Brummies23 said:

Anyone know why Valentin Grobauer is out again? 

He thought he might not get paid so has gone on strike :D

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, screm said:

Maybe Birmingham will look at going back to National League level.

Surely the costs are the same. Rent, medical cover, staff etc. The only difference maybe the riders wages.

• Like 1