British Speedway Forum
ProudtobeaBrummie

Birmingham Brummies 2020

On 7/29/2021 at 5:20 PM, Brummies_Ste said:

He thought he might not get paid so has gone on strike :D

Think his gone on strike against Leicester. How this guy a speedway rider or getting into our team. Shocking tonight 

On 7/29/2021 at 11:55 AM, GiveusaB said:

I've read some bo##ox on this forum....I've no doubt contributed to some as well....but to say that nobody wanted to sign Harris/Riss/Shanes/Morris/Thomas... is pi##in ludicrous ! 

All 5 riders will be snapped up if we drop out the League.....I even think that Redcar would take a punt on Paco!

Think u spoke to soon her son.. If teams are watching the only person they want to sing is Jason Edwards. All have been poor.. 

Spoke to some  Leicester  Fans and said every time Morris and Shanes rides you will get 4-2 or 5-1, they said Na your having me on, I said nope piss poor. And yet again they have tonight. 

We all knew paco will win heat 2 and then not show up.

They all better turn up Wednesday, if not will be folding 

• Haha 1

On 7/30/2021 at 6:30 PM, redlead said:

As far as I'm aware riders have to wear helmets on the parade laps, But I agree, leave them off until they've been introduced.

That rule has obviously changed(it was a rule brought in a few years ago)because at Glasgow  the riders parade without helmets before the meeting.Macgregor was the the ref against Edinburgh when I was there and he would have been announcing the fines if helmets had to be worn:D

40 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

That rule has obviously changed(it was a rule brought in a few years ago)because at Glasgow  the riders parade without helmets before the meeting.Macgregor was the the ref against Edinburgh when I was there and he would have been announcing the fines if helmets had to be worn:D

Riders can do a parade lap without helmets but should a rider do a practice start without a helmet on it is a mandatory £100 fine.

• Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, edmon said:

Riders can do a parade lap without helmets but should a rider do a practice start without a helmet on it is a mandatory £100 fine.

If the riders had more discipline & would ride around slowly waving to the crowd then we would be able to see their faces. However some can't be trusted to ride around without making a practice start or a wheel stand to entertain their self. the truth is it's a very dangerous sport & therefore extreamly difficult to get insurance for the competitors & it will only take one mishap on a parade lap for the brown stuff to connect with the high speed rotating distribution device & we are left with no racing

The rule was brought in in the 80's (I think) because Duncan Chapman fell off on the parade lap and broke his nose, after that riders had to wear helmets. I guess if they did just do a parade lap, then helmets wouldn't be required, but nearly all riders do practice starts.

15 minutes ago, redlead said:

The rule was brought in in the 80's (I think) because Duncan Chapman fell off on the parade lap and broke his nose, after that riders had to wear helmets. I guess if they did just do a parade lap, then helmets wouldn't be required, but nearly all riders do practice starts.

At Scunny nobody where’s a helmet on parade and they often to practice starts as well must say it is mainly away riders with the practice starts however 

2 hours ago, Ryan555 said:

At Scunny nobody where’s a helmet on parade and they often to practice starts as well must say it is mainly away riders with the practice starts however 

But Rob's lads can do what they wants...

• Haha 1

I remember Shane Parker riding round butt naked but even he was told........ 

"You can leave your hat on!" 

:rofl:

On 7/29/2021 at 6:46 PM, bluejam said:

Joe McLaughlin is the name you're after;)I knew Joe very well and under his commercial role at Brum  worked his conkers off to try and attract folk through the gates at PB and also raise sponsorship for Brum Speedway.He often antagonised folk with his approach and determination to get people through the door,but it still didn't work and ended up going down the gurgler under the Phillips promotion:(

What can be done this time around I don't know.Crowds at PB have never been that clever and have only been swelled by away support in the past.:neutral: 

When Jason Lyons retired(used to sponsor the fella)his parting words to myself were "it's time to get out":neutral: 

Yep thats the guy, as for the away support Brum dont have what used to be  a true local derby which doesnt help, nearest Team being Leicester, gone are the days when we had Wolves, Coventry and former Tenants Cradley all within reasonable travel time, but even Cradley fans didnt seem to like watching at Perry barr for various reasons the one usually put forward was that the viewing wasnt great, myself i didnt find it to bad just that there didnt seem much of an atmosphere at PB, what its like with only around 400ish there i cant imagine because with some inside that would only leave 300 or so outside so no problem social distancing, its such a shame but if we are relying on Kent to bring a few fans, I fear this may be the last we see of the Brummies, I will probably go along on Wednesday weather allowing, but the forecast i saw it looks to be a changeable forecast at best which wont help, and after a days driving at work im not inclined to go every week bearing in mind im not a Brummie fan, how the heck can any promotion expect to survive if Brummies cant/wont support there own team ?.

41 minutes ago, ballroom said:

Agreed,  but the trouble is....unless you log on to the website, you wouldn't see it?

It needs to be 'hitting' the local press/radio/media etc.....

I think (and its very difficult to do...) the 'speedway' word needs to be spread.....

It's a tough one!

49 minutes ago, Speedway fan said:

weather forecast is ok for Wednesday ..21 with a quick shower at 3pm which will aid the track watering .

Hope you're right...Met office forecast showers between 1 - 7 pm .....

Having said that....they're not always right! 

31 minutes ago, GiveusaB said:

Agreed,  but the trouble is....unless you log on to the website, you wouldn't see it?

It needs to be 'hitting' the local press/radio/media etc.....

I think (and its very difficult to do...) the 'speedway' word needs to be spread.....

It's a tough one!

Yep thats the issue preaching to the converted so to speak.. it needs to get out to the wider unconverted Birmingham.

• Thanks 1