British Speedway Forum
ProudtobeaBrummie

Birmingham Brummies 2020

Hope Birmingham survive, I follow speedway all over the country and have visited Perry Barr on many occasions always staying over in the nearby hotel. 

I don't know wot marketing as been done but as the local student population been tapped into at all? 

I hope the walloping at Leicester hasn't disheartened the promotion & the supporters even more. 

It angered me when a few weeks back they were allowed a full house 18,000 for the cricket at Edgbaston yet just down the road at Birmingham speedway they cudn't open because of the restrictions 

Test event or not this demonstrated the madness of the rules around covid. 

Hope the Brummies survive :t:

• Like 1

Just checking my email and i noticed this is in my inbox https://www.groupon.co.uk/merchant/frequently-asked-questions according to the Q&A you dont pay anything up front, only on a pay as you go basis or on results, so basically its a free hit PROMOTE is what speedway promoters rarely do so how about living up to the name, 50 or 100 extra fans could be the difference between make or break.

1 hour ago, GiveusaB said:

Hope you're right...Met office forecast showers between 1 - 7 pm .....

Having said that....they're not always right! 

METCHECK IS USUALLY QUITE ACCURATE .  

50 minutes ago, PirateShip said:

Hope Birmingham survive, I follow speedway all over the country and have visited Perry Barr on many occasions always staying over in the nearby hotel. 

I don't know wot marketing as been done but as the local student population been tapped into at all? 

I hope the walloping at Leicester hasn't disheartened the promotion & the supporters even more. 

It angered me when a few weeks back they were allowed a full house 18,000 for the cricket at Edgbaston yet just down the road at Birmingham speedway they cudn't open because of the restrictions 

Test event or not this demonstrated the madness of the rules around covid. 

Hope the Brummies survive :t:

Students are on summer break . The club do have a link with the local university on their radio show and website . On admission students showing their student card can get in for £5 (ages 17-22). For the school children 12-16 it's £2 and under 11's are free . Naturally with covid restrictions the club have not been able to continue visits to schools or to shopping areas, fetes, scouts and guides  etc 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Speedway fan said:

Students are on summer break . The club do have a link with the local university on their radio show and website . On admission students showing their student card can get in for £5 (ages 17-22). For the school children 12-16 it's £2 and under 11's are free . Naturally with covid restrictions the club have not been able to continue visits to schools or to shopping areas, fetes, scouts and guides  etc 

Cheers for the feedback Speedway fan :t:

If true and Eastbourne are dropping out the league. I be dropping Morris and Shane’s and go get Tom Brennan and drew kemp. Or even Kyle Newman. 

13 minutes ago, Brummies23 said:

If true and Eastbourne are dropping out the league. I be dropping Morris and Shane’s and go get Tom Brennan and drew kemp. Or even Kyle Newman. 

If that happens,I’m afraid you have not much chance of outbidding Glasgow for Brennan if they are interested.The transfer window ends soon so not sure you can bring in new riders.

The cut-off for signing riders is 28th August effective 31st August!

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Fromafar said:

If that happens,I’m afraid you have not much chance of outbidding Glasgow for Brennan if they are interested.The transfer window ends soon so not sure you can bring in new riders.

Why does everyone think Glasgow are first in the queue for Tom Brennan if Eastbourne fold? As a fan I would love to have Tom in the team, but tbh I can't see us making changes with so little time left, I suspect we will go with guests to replace Ulle, although a couple of other riders could be doing with being replaced as they have been disappointing,  Ulrich is a big miss, every year we have lost out due to injuries, 2019 it was Paul Starke, 2018 it was Craig Cook and this year it is Ulrich, I think we need a bit of good luck for a change. And I hope Birmingham survive as I enjoyed my trips down last couple of times.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Cookiefan said:

Why does everyone think Glasgow are first in the queue for Tom Brennan if Eastbourne fold? As a fan I would love to have Tom in the team, but tbh I can't see us making changes with so little time left, I suspect we will go with guests to replace Ulle, although a couple of other riders could be doing with being replaced as they have been disappointing,  Ulrich is a big miss, every year we have lost out due to injuries, 2019 it was Paul Starke, 2018 it was Craig Cook and this year it is Ulrich, I think we need a bit of good luck for a change. And I hope Birmingham survive as I enjoyed my trips down last couple of times.

Why not IF there are to be Team Changes.Was there not hint that they were looking.Brennan would be unlikely this season given the Eastbourne situation needing be resolved very quickly for anything to happen on the front.All I’m saying is when Glasgow want someone it usually happens;)

They do deserve a bit of luck given what they have put into the sport.

• Like 1

If the masons want the play offs then they need to get rid of Shanes, Morris and grobauer. How many more chances do they need? 

Kemp free, Kennett free and even Newman are free. 

Sort it out now 

7 minutes ago, Brummies23 said:

If the masons want the play offs then they need to get rid of Shanes, Morris and grobauer. How many more chances do they need? 

Sort it out now 

Too late now! Needed signing yesterday

39 minutes ago, Brummies23 said:

Sort it out now 

Kemp is not free, Kennett as now retired,,for Newman no better than the two you want to get rid off. Again clueless 

Edited by Trackerman48
Wrong word
  • Like 3

38 minutes ago, Trackerman48 said:

Kemp is not free, Kennett as now retired,,for Newman no better than the two you want to get rid off. Again clueless 

Me clueless..  thinking these riders are good enough.  

Don’t see us winning away this season. Fighting not to finish bottom with this team. 

Hopefully we only have Thomas and maybe Harris next year if we carry on  

Birmingham have no chance of making the play-off's, regardless of any changes.  Haven't checked averages in regards which Eagle could replace which Brummie.  With a decent third heat leader instead of Grobauer this septet wouldn't be far off.