British Speedway Forum
ProudtobeaBrummie

Birmingham Brummies 2020

5 hours ago, Endeavour said:

Average not that low - 8 points

With the rolling averages they can't change as much. How Castagna remained at reserve with Shanes & Grobauer in the team is beyond odd.

9 hours ago, Col said:

With the rolling averages they can't change as much. How Castagna remained at reserve with Shanes & Grobauer in the team is beyond odd.

Rolling averages are based on the last 20 meetings meaning Riss' average is based solely on 2021 meetings.

1 hour ago, Marshall07 said:

Rolling averages are based on the last 20 meetings meaning Riss' average is based solely on 2021 meetings.

I still say it’s average protection with a lot of riders.Need aTeam for following season.

29 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

I still say it’s average protection with a lot of riders.Need aTeam for following season.

He could've at least put some effort in against Edinburgh in the Cup matches ? 

Thoughts on Perry Barr, Iv looked at the Greyhound fixtures and it seems Perry Barr is free on Sundays.

Iv thought for a few seasons there is an obvious way to save Speedway at Perry Barr, but i know some fans are set against it for whatever reason. There are some things that cant be changed such as prices of food etc etc at PB, however the Speedway could be subject to approval by the BSPl, double headers have been held at various times over seasons for as long as i can remember, so why not make double headers at Perry Barr a regular thing involving not 1 home Team but 2 these being Birmingham Brummies and Cradley Heathens putting it bluntly a Track share by not 1 but 2 teams which could encompass two seperate promotions (or One) whichever was achievable. The biggest factor in this would be cost savings by the Promotion due to a sharing of Costs for Rent, Equipment, etc etc. This may or may not mean The Brummies could survive and would also enable The Heathens to return with meaningful racing and i do not mean NDL racing by either I mean Championship or/and Premier League racing for both Teams.

Iv no idea if this is do-able but just thinking of a way forward which could help both Teams, because it seems ridiculous to me that we may have a Track available (Hopefully) which wont be used should Birmingham not find a new Promoter, when a few miles away we have another Team that has support but NO Track to ride on, I know there are some supporters dead set against this for whatever reason not least PB being unpopular with Cradley fans, this would be a full blown Track Share rather than the previous Lanlord (Brummies) and (Rent Boys) Cradley, Is it do-able providing Promoters can be found ?, and obviously subject to BSPL and ARC at Perry Barr.

Edited by heathen52
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, heathen52 said:

Is it do-able providing Promoters can be found ?, and obviously subject to BSPL and ARC at Perry Barr.

Not "do-able". It's nothing to do with BSPL/ARC approval, BCC planning permission wouldn't be granted.

Paco made a good recovery from man flu to ride in Czech Golden Helmet today along with Bomber

Edited by zlata prilba
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, heathen52 said:

Thoughts on Perry Barr, Iv looked at the Greyhound fixtures and it seems Perry Barr is free on Sundays.

Iv thought for a few seasons there is an obvious way to save Speedway at Perry Barr, but i know some fans are set against it for whatever reason. There are some things that cant be changed such as prices of food etc etc at PB, however the Speedway could be subject to approval by the BSPl, double headers have been held at various times over seasons for as long as i can remember, so why not make double headers at Perry Barr a regular thing involving not 1 home Team but 2 these being Birmingham Brummies and Cradley Heathens putting it bluntly a Track share by not 1 but 2 teams which could encompass two seperate promotions (or One) whichever was achievable. The biggest factor in this would be cost savings by the Promotion due to a sharing of Costs for Rent, Equipment, etc etc. This may or may not mean The Brummies could survive and would also enable The Heathens to return with meaningful racing and i do not mean NDL racing by either I mean Championship or/and Premier League racing for both Teams.

Iv no idea if this is do-able but just thinking of a way forward which could help both Teams, because it seems ridiculous to me that we may have a Track available (Hopefully) which wont be used should Birmingham not find a new Promoter, when a few miles away we have another Team that has support but NO Track to ride on, I know there are some supporters dead set against this for whatever reason not least PB being unpopular with Cradley fans, this would be a full blown Track Share rather than the previous Lanlord (Brummies) and (Rent Boys) Cradley, Is it do-able providing Promoters can be found ?, and obviously subject to BSPL and ARC at Perry Barr.

I'd like to think there is a way and should be explored. But as Kitten suggests, NDL worked previously for both clubs due to the reduced fixture list. Wednesdays is the only evening, with Thursdays used as a reserve, it would need another application to run on a Sunday or two nights per week. But only another planning application would seem to make it workable.

Heathens 52's idea is unfortunately, not possible. A planning consent exists for speedway to take place at Perry Barr on Wednesday's or Thursdays (but not both in the same week), plus Bank Holiday Sundays - but the Bank Holiday Sunday meetings are only on condition that there is no Wednesday or Thursday meeting staged in the same week.

A casual enquiry with the Planning Office this season produced the firm reply that the Council will not consider changing these conditions.

Thursday nights are of course, reserved for Premiership matches and in any case, greyhound racing is now held on Thursday nights.

A great idea in principle, but sadly, not possible.

Edited by brianbuck

22 hours ago, zlata prilba said:

Paco made a good recovery from man flu to ride in Czech Golden Helmet today along with Bomber

If you had heard his voice over the PA last meeting, you wouldn't have questioned his flu.

Not many riders use flu as an excuse.Has made a good recovery judging by his interview yesterday no mention he had been ill.Get rid of all these 2nd rate riders who come and go as they please.

Can see 'Speedway' going to one big league next season....and keeping the NDL....

Premiership has been woeful.....

3 minutes ago, GiveusaB said:

Can see 'Speedway' going to one big league next season....and keeping the NDL....

Premiership has been woeful.....

You would like to think so,but can’t see it happening.

I love how this season, having side effects of covid vaccination, and having covid are fine, but having a bad cold/flu are suddenly not okay, as if everyone’s forgot that other illnesses can be much worse than covid, and that covid’s not the only illness around