British Speedway Forum
ProudtobeaBrummie

Birmingham Brummies 2020

A meeting crucial to the future of Birmingham Speedway has been called for Tuesday 16th November at Aston Manor Cricket Club, Church Road, Perry Barr, starting at 7pm, where the leader of the consortium prepared to take over the promotion of the club, will outline their plans and will answer questions.

All speedway supporters (whether those who support the Brummies or any other club) are invited to attend.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, brianbuck said:

A meeting crucial to the future of Birmingham Speedway has been called for Tuesday 16th November at Aston Manor Cricket Club, Church Road, Perry Barr, starting at 7pm, where the leader of the consortium prepared to take over the promotion of the club, will outline their plans and will answer questions.

All speedway supporters (whether those who support the Brummies or any other club) are invited to attend.

Fingers crossed for you Brian. Hopefully someone will step forward and save the Kent Kings.

18 minutes ago, brianbuck said:

Good Luck Brian with that. Hope it has a massive turnout.

How about getting the guys at speedway Tavern to do a special show on it next Tuesday and the following Tuesday after it? All the more interest generated the better?

Directions to Aston Manor Cricket Club:

From M6 Motorway: Leave at Junction 7 and join A34 towards Birmingham (NOT towards Walsall)

Continue along A34 for about 2 miles then turn left into Church Road (just past the Alexander Stadium)

The Cricket Club is on the left hand side of Church Road just past a group of flats.

Postcode is B42 2LA

Next Speedway Tavern show will be next Tuesday November 9th at 8pm. My son is one of the presenters so he'll give the meeting a good airing. (I'll skin him if he doesn't!!!)

• Like 1

10 hours ago, noaksey said:

ARC looking for increased rent says today's Star 

From what I've been told ARC  the have set rent for all 3 tracks at a big rent increase,  baybe that's the reason for Kent pulling out. 

• Like 1

BIRMINGHAM supporters will have the opportunity to meet the man leading the bid to save the club next week.

Nigel Tolley, a successful businessman based in Kinver, will be appearing on stage with current team boss Laurence Rogers at the Aston Manor Cricket Club on Tuesday, November 16 (7pm) to bring supporters an update on the future of the Brummies.

Tolley, who is heading a consortium to keep the Perry Barr outfit on track in 2022 and beyond, will speak openly about all current situations and is also inviting questions from supporters in attendance.

Club chief Rogers is urging loyal fans to turn out in good numbers and hear the latest on the future of the club first hand.

"There are problems we have been faced with - but we're not just going to give in like that," he said.

"We will give everything we've got to make sure the Brummies do survive and race on in 2022.

"No sale has been agreed as of yet and Nigel and the consortium are working tirelessly behind the scenes to try and secure extra funding etc to ensure everything is viable.

"Tuesday night is a great opportunity for supporters to hear first hand where we're currently at, the problems we are facing, how we plan to overcome those and where we want to try and ultimately get the Brummies too."

There will be no admission fee for the event, however supporters are encouraged to make a donation to the Birmingham Speedway Supporters Club on the night itself.

Share This:   Facebook Twitter
  • Thanks 1

All the best to everyone at Birmingham and I hope the consortium are successful in keeping the Brummies on track.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Speedway fan said:

BIRMINGHAM supporters will have the opportunity to meet the man leading the bid to save the club next week.

Nigel Tolley, a successful businessman based in Kinver, will be appearing on stage with current team boss Laurence Rogers at the Aston Manor Cricket Club on Tuesday, November 16 (7pm) to bring supporters an update on the future of the Brummies.

Tolley, who is heading a consortium to keep the Perry Barr outfit on track in 2022 and beyond, will speak openly about all current situations and is also inviting questions from supporters in attendance.

Club chief Rogers is urging loyal fans to turn out in good numbers and hear the latest on the future of the club first hand.

"There are problems we have been faced with - but we're not just going to give in like that," he said.

"We will give everything we've got to make sure the Brummies do survive and race on in 2022.

"No sale has been agreed as of yet and Nigel and the consortium are working tirelessly behind the scenes to try and secure extra funding etc to ensure everything is viable.

"Tuesday night is a great opportunity for supporters to hear first hand where we're currently at, the problems we are facing, how we plan to overcome those and where we want to try and ultimately get the Brummies too."

There will be no admission fee for the event, however supporters are encouraged to make a donation to the Birmingham Speedway Supporters Club on the night itself.

Share This:   Facebook Twitter

Laurence Rogers master at spending other people's money, does he ever put anything in himself?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, lewy said:

Laurence Rogers master at spending other people's money, does he ever put anything in himself?

Nuisance

4 hours ago, lewy said:

Nope!  
But it sounds as if he’s “making plans for spending Nigel’s” 

Got a tune in my head now…! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

I don't see anyone else making an effort....fair play to LR for giving up his time.....

He might not be everyone's cup of tea for one reason or another, but he must have the respect of riders, or else he wouldn't still be involved?

I don't know? 

I don't pay attention to rumours, or past stories.....It's the present and future that matters for B'ham now!

• Like 1

Discouraging statement today which says the door is open to Birmingham and Kent until the agm is held (although there will no longer be an official agm held). Either way late entry and late team building is going to create issues of both cost and quality. I fear another rocky season ahead for Brum.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, lewy said:

Why dont you ask him?, at least he is making an effort i dont see anyone else trying at least not publically, my own thoughts are that this alleged rent increase may be the final nail, unless somone has spare cash to susidise the Speedway rather than giving it to HMRC.

• Like 1