British Speedway Forum
ProudtobeaBrummie

Birmingham Brummies 2020

31 minutes ago, FromBendThree said:

1,000 break even figure? That's a tall order.

That was Eastbourne's supposed break even figure last season and we know what happened there, just hope the figure can be achieved. 

A meeting sponsor would reduce that break even figure by circa 150. This was mentioned and there are interested parties. This was one avenue being looked into. Fingers crossed for them as they all seem decent people with speedway in the blood.

7 minutes ago, Deano said:

A meeting sponsor would reduce that break even figure by circa 150. This was mentioned and there are interested parties. This was one avenue being looked into. Fingers crossed for them as they all seem decent people with speedway in the blood.

It will be hard to get 1000 paying fans there week in week out IMO we all know speedway fan base is the older fan's that's at a lot of tracks

Due diligence from the Mason’s figures should show attendances, and income from sponsors. 

wonder what the business plan is to attract greater numbers to Perry Barr …. Or is this another promotion “winging it”

One things certain, they can rely on the BSPL to provide advice ……..NOT 

A lot of positive thoughts and a full house. 

The break even is unrealistic when you consider average last year was about 600.

Still there's hope and that's very positive. 

38 minutes ago, Deano said:

Wouldn’t that equate to over £2K per meeting for meeting sponsorship? I’ve sponsored meetings in the past for significantly less than that - seems an ambitious figure to bring in on a weekly basis from a sponsor.

The 1000 people attending he said was with no/very little sponsorship during the season, he said can go to 700 if we get the sponsorship that in the plan. 

I'm surprised no one is talking about the shares that are being offered to be honest. If we are confirmed to race in 2022, £100 for 100 shares to start then after the initial share bought you can buy in groups of £25. No other clubs let's the fan own it, or am I mistaken?

2 minutes ago, Speedway Evolution said:

The 1000 people attending he said was with no/very little sponsorship during the season, he said can go to 700 if we get the sponsorship that in the plan. 

I'm surprised no one is talking about the shares that are being offered to be honest. If we are confirmed to race in 2022, £100 for 100 shares to start then after the initial share bought you can buy in groups of £25. No other clubs let's the fan own it, or am I mistaken?

The new company are offering supporters and businesses the opportunity to become shareholders of the Limited Company who will run speedway at Perry Barr.

Shareholders will be named in the programme and have certain advantages available to them. There will be a weekly draw for six shareholders to be able to watch three races from the centre green. Each shareholder will have access to a family ticket to introduce a new group of people to speedway and their guests will get a pit visit and meet the riders. There will be a discount offered on the End of Season Awards night tickets. There will be updates on the company and an Annual General Meeting.

Each share will cost £1 and you will receive a share certificate .

Until the takeover is rubber stamped and the company are confirmed as the new owners of Birmingham Speedway no money will be taken just a pledge to buy the shares. Once everything is signed and sealed we will confirm everything and provide methods to pay your shareholding .

The company are under no obligation to buy or trade the shares only private selling can be done between friends and family.

Share Application Form 3.pdf

• Like 1

Looks like some good ideas have been brought to the table which hopefully will work...

In the wider picture, it just goes to show how "small" the sport as a whole really is when in such a huge conurbation like Birmingham, which runs into millions, getting just 1000 of those people into a Speedway meeting will provide such a challenge, and requires such focus and planning....

Best wishes to the those giving it a go, the share scheme and sponsorship will hopefully raise enough to offset the need for attracting what will be a very challenging 1000 per meeting I would think given the history of attendances there..

Could the NDL be a better possible "starting point" given the majority of the 500/600 who attended regularly will be 'die hards' who, I would imagine, watch any level of Speedway?

(And putting a competitive team together when starting later than others could be a challenge which could impact crowds if not achieved)

The NDL might bring less pressure due to less payroll, whilst all the ideas are brought together for a season or two? 

Best of luck to them anyway..

1 minute ago, Marshall07 said:

I'd say 1000 break even without taking in sponsors etc is a pretty realistic figure.

You would like to think so but how many tracks in Championship average 1000.would be interesting to here.If Birmingham was 600 last season, 1000 is a big ask IMO.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

You would like to think so but how many tracks in Championship average 1000.would be interesting to here.If Birmingham was 600 last season, 1000 is a big ask IMO.

That's without sponsors. I'd think most tracks break evens would be the same without any backing.

On 11/14/2021 at 1:30 PM, ProudtobeaBrummie said:

It was reported the rent has been increased by 100% !

So if we manage to get through the 2022 season & break even, what happens if the rent is increased for the 2023 season.

It's clear the stadium owners just don't want the speedway at Perry Barr by trying to squeeze the club out one way or another.

Edited by Brummies_Ste
  • Like 1