British Speedway Forum
ProudtobeaBrummie

Birmingham Brummies 2020

I wouldn't normally react to negative postings, but here we have a group of people working really hard to keep our club in business - and the response we get from a significant minority of posters, who still purport to call themselves speedway enthusiasts, is to just to sneeringly pour scorn on their efforts. 

• Like 8

8 minutes ago, KingoftheTrack said:

On realistic terms I would agree but they aren't going to get 1,000 fans to turn up at every home meeting as it's an unrealistic target by a distance.

Premiership clubs don't get anywhere near that most weeks and that's with higher quality 1-7's on show.

Let's say they run just for the sake of it.........They'd be left with the scraps to build an uncompetitive 1-7 and then they'll need 1,000 fans to pay up every week to watch them.

It's just so unrealistic and the writing is on the wall either way. They'll either not run or they'll take a huge risk and run to fight a losing battle and they'll go bust mid season and pull out like Eastbourne did this year.

There isn't a club in the premiership that doesn't hit 1000 every meeting.

I don't think people are understanding the sponsorship side of things. That is a massive source for every club going. If they sort some good partner sponsors out the figure will dramatically be reduced

2 minutes ago, brianbuck said:

I wouldn't normally react to negative postings, but here we have a group of people working really hard to keep our club in business - and the response we get from a significant minority of posters, who still purport to call themselves speedway enthusiasts, is to just to sneeringly pour scorn on their efforts. 

Keep up hard work Brian, if it wasn't for people like ur good self where wud speedway be?.....Nowhere!

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Trackerman48 said:

Not at Birmingham unfortunately,  but I hope it can be done . Only this season did redcar get that sort of crowd?

Whilst Redcars crowd average was up this year , as it has been year on year since 2017, it doesn’t get the four figure crowd that Birmingham appear to need but, due to good leadership, this is offset by very good club sponsors. Personally I think that’s not an achievable figure under the circumstances they find them selves in. Demanding Landlord, bad previous history in 2021 and will be putting a team together after every other club ? Recipe for another disastrous season?

Edited by Fortythirtyeight
  • Like 2

Oddly enough the mason family would have been ideal custodians of arlington stadium , theyve slung plenty in at brum and its basically burning money . Any consortium / partnership etc really would be barmy to get involved with arc at the wheel

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, brianbuck said:

Be the usual suspects who bask in the struggles of the sport whilst doing nothing themselves to help it go forward waiting eagerly to say I told you so :rolleyes:

• Like 1

Why not approach Troy Deeney or any of the other Birmingham City players to sponsor a meeting or two. What Brummies (and most other clubs) need to break even is simply pocket money to most footballers at Championship level or higher and seeing a soccer player's name linked to a speedway club could even attract a few more spectators.

I can't remember which club(s), but I know speedway bikes av been ridden around at half time at football before and had an advert in the football programme for discount into the speedway. 

I'd like to think footballers or any highly paid person wud sponsor speedway but it's a fair bet they are bombarded all the time from all sorts of organisations for sponsorship etc.

Still, if you don't ask you don't get :t:

27 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

Why not approach Troy Deeney or any of the other Birmingham City players to sponsor a meeting or two. What Brummies (and most other clubs) need to break even is simply pocket money to most footballers at Championship level or higher and seeing a soccer player's name linked to a speedway club could even attract a few more spectators.

I doubt Troy Deeney even pays child maintenance tbh.

• Haha 2

35 minutes ago, PirateShip said:

I can't remember which club(s), but I know speedway bikes av been ridden around at half time at football before and had an advert in the football programme for discount into the speedway. 

I'd like to think footballers or any highly paid person wud sponsor speedway but it's a fair bet they are bombarded all the time from all sorts of organisations for sponsorship etc.

Still, if you don't ask you don't get :t:

Coventry did, with John Jorgensen (for one) riding around the outside of the pitch.

Not sure if that was at Highfield Road or the (then) Ricoh.

7 hours ago, Speedway fan said:

so they just give up now do they?  Well that's not going to happen ....get behind the people trying to save the club . 

Yes they should give up now rather than building up us supporters hopes, I have seen the Statement about last nights meeting, It states we must run 20 meetings but how?, if there’s 11 teams in the league that’s 10 home league meetings say  2 KO CUP meetings, were do the other 8 come from ? We all know unfortunately that there is absolutely no way we can average 1000 per meeting.

We have lost Bomber and Riss, Can anyone name me 3 heat leaders that are not fixed up?

But the thing that really has got me worried is it’s only a 12 month deal with the new the new owners, How can’t anyone invest in a Business when at the end of next Season the Lease holders can say that’s it we are not renewing our 12 month agreement, 

The reason I say give up now is because the worst possible outcome is to start the season and fold during the season ie Phillips 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Argos said:

Yes they should give up now rather than building up us supporters hopes, I have seen the Statement about last nights meeting, It states we must run 20 meetings but how?, if there’s 11 teams in the league that’s 10 home league meetings say  2 KO CUP meetings, were do the other 8 come from ? We all know unfortunately that there is absolutely no way we can average 1000 per meeting.

We have lost Bomber and Riss, Can anyone name me 3 heat leaders that are not fixed up?

But the thing that really has got me worried is it’s only a 12 month deal with the new the new owners, How can’t anyone invest in a Business when at the end of next Season the Lease holders can say that’s it we are not renewing our 12 month agreement, 

The reason I say give up now is because the worst possible outcome is to start the season and fold during the season ie Phillips 

Re fixtures. I believe will either split league in 2 so will have 5 teams home and away twice split north and south. Or bring back premier trophy and have a competition split in the same way winner of both groups goes to final.

Riders as you say will be the big issue, Shanes, castagna etc be available I'd guess but top end would need a few rabbits out hats to be competitive. 

4 hours ago, brianbuck said:

Sadly we've had similar problems at Rye House. Too many people seem to think that it makes them seem to have superior intelligence if they post negative rubbish, as if lazy cynicism is a sign of wisdom. To them it's all just a sad little game and respect for or understanding of the efforts and strain being put in don't concern them. 

They seem to think they can say what they want and if anyone is hurt then it's the victim's fault for being weak. 

It's the modern world. Try to get them involved in what you are doing and they'd run a mile. 

You have a fine record of campaigning to save or revive Birmingham and it you who earns respect, not them. Sadly you have another fight. I know you will give it your best again. Your efforts will be long remembered after their pettiness. 

They are just too stupid to realise the damage they cause - just starting with demoralising those trying to help others.

After despairing because of the behaviour of this kind of 'supporter' It looks like we may be on the brink of success, as explained in the National League section. May you eventually feel as elated as we are right now as we stand on the brink of success.

Edited by RobMcCaffery
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, RobMcCaffery said:

Sadly we've had similar problems at Rye House. Too many people seem to think that it makes them seem to have superior intelligence if they post negative rubbish, as if lazy cynicism is a sign of wisdom. To them it's all just a sad little game and respect for or understanding of the efforts and strain being put in don't concern them. 

They seem to think they can say what they want and if anyone is hurt then it's the victim's fault for being weak. 

It's the modern world. Try to get them involved in what you are doing and they'd run a mile. 

You have a fine record of campaigning to save or revive Birmingham and it you who earns respect, not them. Sadly you have another fight. I know you will give it your best again. Your efforts will be long remembered after their pettiness. 

They are just too stupid to realise the damage they cause - just starting with demoralising those trying to help others.

After despairing because of the behaviour of this kind of 'supporter' It looks like we may be on the brink of success, as explained in the National League section. May you eventually feel as elated as we are right now as we stand on the brink of success.

You need to take that chip off your shoulder.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

You need to take that chip off your shoulder.

Yeah ... pity he's right ...