British Speedway Forum
ProudtobeaBrummie

Birmingham Brummies 2020

3 questions. 1 Is there anyone who really thinks that Birmingham can average 1000 fans per meeting?

2 Can Birmingham run 20 meetings next season (If not the rent will be higher per meeting)

3 Can anyone give me a competitive 1-7 with riders that are not already fixed up.

Now I want the Brummies to run next season as much as anyone, But what I don’t want is to see them start the season then collapse part way through the season.

I’m hoping there’s a problems with the dogs and the stadium owners need the Brummies back to help to bring money into the stadium.In the last few years I’ve attended Rye House and Birmingham hopefully they will both return to league racing

6 hours ago, Tosh1218 said:

I’m hoping there’s a problems with the dogs and the stadium owners need the Brummies back to help to bring money into the stadium.In the last few years I’ve attended Rye House and Birmingham hopefully they will both return to league racing

Then Birmingham lose another sport if there is a problem with the dogs, we've already lost one greyhound stadium in the city, I know the council don't give a flying toss about sport in this city, but we the  residents of the city do care, if Perry Barr had problems the stadium would fall into disrepair and stand empty like it did for years many moons ago

45 minutes ago, Gerbat1875 said:

Then Birmingham lose another sport if there is a problem with the dogs, we've already lost one greyhound stadium in the city, I know the council don't give a flying toss about sport in this city, but we the  residents of the city do care, if Perry Barr had problems the stadium would fall into disrepair and stand empty like it did for years many moons ago

You’ve misunderstood me lm hoping that the greyhound’s will need speedway and the stadium owners welcome back the speedway promoters with open arms rather than making it hard for the Brummies to return

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tosh1218 said:

You’ve misunderstood me lm hoping that the greyhound’s will need speedway and the stadium owners welcome back the speedway promoters with open arms rather than making it hard for the Brummies to return

The problem is ARC and their "business model".

They have realised that they can run Dogs with or without Crowds during Covid 19.

By getting Betting Levy income they can run behind closed doors, minimal staff, minimal costs and make more profit in a couple of days than Speedway (or anything else) will pay in a season in rent.

Their argument would be that they don't need the hassle!

Live Dog racing beamed round the globe is as close to a virtual sport in the flesh as you can get. 

They have taken over Perry Barr, Newcastle ; Sittingbourne.

Hopefully no more dog / speedway venues will fall in to their clutches.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, HGould said:

They have realised that they can run Dogs with or without Crowds during Covid 19.

By getting Betting Levy income they can run behind closed doors, minimal staff, minimal costs and make more profit in a couple of days than Speedway (or anything else) will pay in a season in rent.

Live Dog racing beamed round the globe is as close to a virtual sport in the flesh as you can get. 

Worryingly they don't need existing stadia to do that. They could build a track in the middle of nowhere and just run it 24x7. Perhaps that's their long term aim, but I feel more stadia under them will get sold once they realise this.

Edited by Deano

4 hours ago, Gerbat1875 said:

The Council ?  bunch of t#ssers! 

The only sport they promote and care about is CRICKET! 

Say no more!

11 hours ago, Argos said:

3 questions. 1 Is there anyone who really thinks that Birmingham can average 1000 fans per meeting?

2 Can Birmingham run 20 meetings next season (If not the rent will be higher per meeting)

3 Can anyone give me a competitive 1-7 with riders that are not already fixed up.

Now I want the Brummies to run next season as much as anyone, But what I don’t want is to see them start the season then collapse part way through the season.

1000 unless more sponsorship is found was what was being quoted?

Don't want be negative but i think they will struggle to hit a thousand each meeting. 

Lets hope they prove us all wrong and at least they have not given up on saving their club

2 hours ago, HGould said:

As an ex dog man, who still has contacts within the Sport this is 100% correct, the only thing you forgot to mention is ARC also have major interests in Horse racing Tracks, but the model is pretty much the same with that ie all weather Tracks if possible.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Tosh1218 said:

In my opinion the council don't want speedway in Birmingham, The Arc don't want speedway at any of their stadiums, hence the high rents, once the commonwealth games are over only the mainstream football and cricket will be in this city, don't forget they won't let Moseley rugby club have any sort of stadium, just an old playing fields that was once used for Sunday league football. 

1 hour ago, Gerbat1875 said:

In my opinion the council don't want speedway in Birmingham.

Rubbish. Only fans not turning up will kill Birmingham Speedway.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

18 hours ago, Argos said:

Depending if they want to come ride for the brummies that’s another question.. 

1) Sam Masters. 9.88 

2)  paco 5.52

3) Ryan Douglas 7.74

4) Tero Aarnio 6.94

5) Danny king or martin smolinski 

6) joe Thompson 

7) jack thomas 

That the team I look to build 

• Haha 3

8 minutes ago, Deano said:

Rubbish. Only fans not turning up will kill Birmingham Speedway.

Not Rubbish, go and speak to the Perry Barr MP, he will tell what the locals feel about speedway 

15 minutes ago, Brummies23 said:

Depending if they want to come ride for the brummies that’s another question.. 

1) Sam Masters. 9.88 

2)  paco 5.52

3) Ryan Douglas 7.74

4) Tero Aarnio 6.94

5) Danny king or martin smolinski 

6) joe Thompson 

7) jack thomas 

That the team I look to build 

Then you woke up.:P;)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Gerbat1875 said:

Not Rubbish, go and speak to the Perry Barr MP, he will tell what the locals feel about speedway 

So tell me what he said? And who is complaining? Save me the effort. Also an MP doesn’t sit on the council.

Edited by Deano