British Speedway Forum
ProudtobeaBrummie

Birmingham Brummies 2020

20 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

They have til the AGM on Tuesday!

Thanks, wondered, in the meantime, if any news may av been leaked or dare I say rumours?

53 minutes ago, PirateShip said:

Thanks, wondered, in the meantime, if any news may av been leaked or dare I say rumours?

There is talk that rafa is going to be sacked at Everton :drink:

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, Marshall07 said:

I'd disagree with that. I did a survey of 1000 speedway fans and 70% of people rated the value for money as 7/10 or higher. Baring in mind only 35% of the 1000 were regular speedway goers...

If it's such a bargain, why are the crowds so low.

6 hours ago, Marshall07 said:

I'd disagree with that. I did a survey of 1000 speedway fans and 70% of people rated the value for money as 7/10 or higher. Baring in mind only 35% of the 1000 were regular speedway goers...

Out of interest were you able to discover what deterred the other 65% from being regular speedway goers?

9 minutes ago, Sings4Speedway said:

Out of interest were you able to discover what deterred the other 65% from being regular speedway goers?

Maybe they are low income, unemployed. I'm not rich but food on the table or a night's speedway, I would 1 million percent, go for food. These people, who keep saying clubs will die if you don't attend, get in the real world £40 for speedway or feed a family for a week, it's a no brainer really aint it

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Gerbat1875 said:

Maybe they are low income, unemployed. I'm not rich but food on the table or a night's speedway, I would 1 million percent, go for food. These people, who keep saying clubs will die if you don't attend, get in the real world £40 for speedway or feed a family for a week, it's a no brainer really aint it

Agree,plus you are just seeing the same riders most weeks riding or guesting for other Teams.Pick and Choose is probably the best option.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, cityrebel said:

I would imagine the vast majority of residents in Birmingham and the surrounding catchment area have no idea that it exists

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Sir Sidney said:

I would imagine the vast majority of residents in Birmingham and the surrounding catchment area have no idea that it exists

The same could be said for the vast majority of the UK population.

• Like 3

Football, cricket, takeaway, trip to the pub all seem higher up the priority list.

Plus promoters spend that much on riders and rent there’s then no cash for advertising and presentation. The final two are what generally contribute getting people through the turnstiles.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Sings4Speedway said:

Judging by the high percentage of those living over 20 miles from a track, I'd say that was a big factor!

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, cityrebel said:

Coz the product is 'shi*e' !

1 hour ago, Deano said:

Plus promoters spend that much on riders and rent there’s then no cash for advertising and presentation. The final two are what generally contribute getting people through the turnstiles.

If the Brummies do run, will the rent increase mean a rise in admission costs.

5 minutes ago, GiveusaB said:

Coz the product is 'shi*e' !

If Belle Vue, one of the best tracks in the world can't pull in the punters, what hope is there for the rest.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Marshall07 said:

Judging by the high percentage of those living over 20 miles from a track, I'd say that was a big factor!

Particularly with all those road works around the stadium. Definitely deterred me from visiting last year.

• Like 2