British Speedway Forum
ProudtobeaBrummie

Birmingham Brummies 2020

This is the news for which we have waited since the end of last season, and our very grateful thanks are due to everyone who has wished us well on this forum. Sad that a few posters chose to be negative, but the great majority, I think, are genuinely pleased for us.

• Like 9

24 minutes ago, brianbuck said:

This is the news for which we have waited since the end of last season, and our very grateful thanks are due to everyone who has wished us well on this forum. Sad that a few posters chose to be negative, but the great majority, I think, are genuinely pleased for us.

Seeing as Valentin has deleted his tweet about not being paid near the end of the season, hopefully that means it has all been sorted out now :t: 

And I'll say no more about it, hope you have a good season :)

2 hours ago, Brummies_Ste said:

4 of those very possible but 3 no chance !

That’s no to riss cook and sedgmen. Don’t wanna see Morris and shanes or even sedgmen back so hope that’s the 3 with no chance 

Pleased to hear that Brummies have been saved (again).  Hopefully, the new promotion will be successful and that Mr Tolley has the business acumen not to be swayed by others in management roles at the club into spending money beyond budgets.      
Good to hear Josh Auty is earmarked for the team, he’ll give 100% if nothing else.  

1 hour ago, brianbuck said:

Who would choose to be negative about a speedway team that almost didn't start the 2022 season?? We need as many teams as possible to make the entire sport a success.

Great news about Birmingham.

They'll be left with the scraps as everyone has signed contracts elsewhere by now but you've got a team and that's the main thing.

Best you'll probably get with what's left in the market.

1. Josh Auty

2. Jack Thomas

3. Paco Castagna

4. Kyle Newman

5. Josh Bates

6. James Shanes

7. Ashley Morris

1 hour ago, Brummies23 said:

That’s no to riss cook and sedgmen. Don’t wanna see Morris and shanes or even sedgmen back so hope that’s the 3 with no chance 

Can't run with a 4 man team lol!

8 hours ago, BassoontheGasso said:

Great news about Birmingham.

They'll be left with the scraps as everyone has signed contracts elsewhere by now but you've got a team and that's the main thing.

Best you'll probably get with what's left in the market.

1. Josh Auty

2. Jack Thomas

3. Paco Castagna

4. Kyle Newman

5. Josh Bates

6. James Shanes

7. Ashley Morris

Shocking septet IMO....

I think Smolinski is going to be the BIG signing?

Sorry to be the harbenger of some harsh reality; but isn't the clear message that the 2022 Team will be built to a budget and have to be cost effective.

I can't see any scope for big expensive signings and with clear mistakes made by other teams in paying out way too much for heat leaders; and our own well documented problems in 2021; although they were more to do with crowd figures and loss of sponsorships due to Covid 19, I think we all have to be grateful for Speedway in 2022 and aim to build a team that can basically win at home.

The investment of time and effort announced in completely renovating the track is certainly far wiser than paying extortionate sums in air fares, signing on fees and points money that cant be afforded, let alone a big rent hike they'll have to find.

A massive well done to all involved lets back them in numbers and with a bit of reality to safeguard a proper future.  

• Like 6

3 minutes ago, BassoontheGasso said:

It is.

Problem is no HL's are available other than Auty.

No chance somlinski will ride here. So don't know where you get your information from.  The other 4 from last season will be for sure. 

14 hours ago, naffer said:

Great news congratulations to the people who have contributed to this outcome.

and fans from anywhere can do their bit by buying shares in the new company and being part of the club . Forms on the club website and forum 

3 minutes ago, Speedway fan said:

and fans from anywhere can do their bit by buying shares in the new company and being part of the club . Forms on the club website and forum 

That's an innovative and positive step.

Hopefully one that will allow a degree of financial stability for the Brummies.