British Speedway Forum
ProudtobeaBrummie

Birmingham Brummies 2020

10 hours ago, GiveusaB said:

Of riders not signed up yet ? Mat Whethers-Kev Doolan both go well at PB !

Doolan has retired.

2 hours ago, GiveusaB said:

True, but I think it was his first meeting ??? I don't know enough about him to make a judgement.....would have to trust LR's selection skills and he's done a great job so far for 2020

THJ?  Probably the most talented Swede since Lindgren & Lindback, but probably a little past his best now. Had a poor 2019 season. He was a GP rider 5ish years ago. Never really fully committed to Britain. If he has no Polish commitments & decides British Speedway for him in 2020 riding in both leagues he could be a revelation. I have my doubts.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Col said:

THJ?  Probably the most talented Swede since Lindgren & Lindback, but probably a little past his best now. Had a poor 2019 season. He was a GP rider 5ish years ago. Never really fully committed to Britain. If he has no Polish commitments & decides British Speedway for him in 2020 riding in both leagues he could be a revelation. I have my doubts.

Wish he'd sign for Newcastle... Imagine he's pretty expensive though

9 hours ago, allthegearbutnaeidea said:

No he’s not...

Trouble is you can’t really be semi retired in speedway you are either in or out during the season.He might come out of retirement though.

16 minutes ago, allthegearbutnaeidea said:

“I still love racing my bike and I don't see myself hanging the boots up”

You’ve posted an article proving my point? He’s not retired... he’s just not starting the season, he’ll ride for Berwick again.

With a 6.71 average it won’t be this season unless there are wholesale changes in the Team.(which Berwick always say they don’t do).

40 minutes ago, allthegearbutnaeidea said:

“I still love racing my bike and I don't see myself hanging the boots up”

You’ve posted an article proving my point? He’s not retired... he’s just not starting the season, he’ll ride for Berwick again.

It reads to me like he'll do testimonials & invitationals.  Not league racing.

19 minutes ago, GiveusaB said:

Is Luke Becker still a possibility with what we have left ?

Not sure, his final average attained with Wolves is 5.27, so depends what the conversation rate is.  If it is *1.44 or lower then yes.

There isn't an obvious fit from the riders that attained CL averages in 2019.  The ones that fit (7.3-7.59) such as NBJ, Summers, S Worrall, Heeps, Kerr & Howarth have all signed elsewhere

1 hour ago, Col said:

Not sure, his final average attained with Wolves is 5.27, so depends what the conversation rate is.  If it is *1.44 or lower then yes.

Conversion rate is 1.6 so Becker would be 8.43. I also doubt he'd get a visa for both leagues as that was his issue last year

• Thanks 1