British Speedway Forum
ProudtobeaBrummie

Birmingham Brummies 2020

Think for Birmingham to be in the top 6 they will need to sort the track out and have a lot more dirt on it.

• Like 1

Certainly potential for Brum to make top 6 but unfortunately i fear there as many pro's as there are con's with this side and my gut says 7-8th missing the pay offs but providing plenty of home entertainment along the way.

• Like 1

I can't see this side being in the top six  can't see them getting much away from home i can see changes AGAIN mid season.

Edited by Sidney the robin

5 hours ago, ProudtobeaBrummie said:

We certainly are . Where do you see our final position being then ? 

I think they league looks pretty competitive . 

8th / 9th?

5 hours ago, pitstop84 said:

Think for Birmingham to be in the top 6 they will need to sort the track out and have a lot more dirt on it.

Agreed!

Can't have a team of racers on a slick/inconsistent surface!?

I'm sure our management already know this and will sort it out!

I think the Brummies have gone about building a team in the right way but think a few of the signings are a little risky, mostly the top 3.

No problem with Morris, Castagna & Shanes being retained. One of them will always be a high scoring reserve, you'd think.

Surprised Thomas picked over Hume.

THJ is a total wildcard, who knows what he'll do, worth a gamble. But Harris & Garrity are both likely to miss the gate in critical heats, not sure I'd have gone for both & Jonasson.

• Like 1

I am pretty sure Harris won plenty of heat 13 and 15s last season i would not worry about it too much. If THJ hits the ground running he will soon be in the number 5 jacket either way i think we remain competitive in pretty much all the heats with the current format . 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, ProudtobeaBrummie said:

I am pretty sure Harris won plenty of heat 13 and 15s last season i would not worry about it too much. If THJ hits the ground running he will soon be in the number 5 jacket either way i think we remain competitive in pretty much all the heats with the current format . 

Not sure about THJ,inconsistent at best.IMO

2 hours ago, Fromafar said:

Yes seems to be what most people are expecting but i think he might surprise you all . I would be very surprised if he didn't improve his average in 2020.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Col said:

I think the Brummies have gone about building a team in the right way but think a few of the signings are a little risky, mostly the top 3.

No problem with Morris, Castagna & Shanes being retained. One of them will always be a high scoring reserve, you'd think.

Surprised Thomas picked over Hume.

THJ is a total wildcard, who knows what he'll do, worth a gamble. But Harris & Garrity are both likely to miss the gate in critical heats, not sure I'd have gone for both & Jonasson.

Garrity who  i enjoy watching race and is great value  never does a full season also he is not that reliable for heat's 13/15.  THJ  who I imagine won't be cheap is a big gamble i think he is a risky signing Castagna  another who many think will dictate the reserve races maybe he will at home but away i think Castagna/Thomas look vulnerable.This side could surprise but there are a few if's n but's in there for me to be to confident.

6 hours ago, Fromafar said:

Will surprise me if he turns up EVERY week:rolleyes::P

18 hours ago, Sidney the robin said:

Garrity who  i enjoy watching race and is great value  never does a full season also he is not that reliable for heat's 13/15.  THJ  who I imagine won't be cheap is a big gamble i think he is a risky signing Castagna  another who many think will dictate the reserve races maybe he will at home but away i think Castagna/Thomas look vulnerable.This side could surprise but there are a few if's n but's in there for me to be to confident.

Point out a team in the Championship who don't have a few if's and but's ? 

Garrity and Harris are both 'big' race riders and can beat anyone on their day......making/missing the gate will be a common problem, which is why we need to get the surface right....not only for the start of the meeting, but more importantly, maintaining it throughout the meeting, so there's plenty of grip for Heats 13/15 !?

• Like 1

I think we need to turn the record over about Danyon?.....take a look at the 2020 Championship signings? we're not the only club who have over looked him ?

Unless Poole sign him ?

• Like 1

Just now, GiveusaB said:

Point out a team in the Championship who don't have a few if's and but's ? 

Garrity and Harris are both 'big' race riders and can beat anyone on their day......making/missing the gate will be a common problem, which is why we need to get the surface right....not only for the start of the meeting, but more importantly, maintaining it throughout the meeting, so there's plenty of grip for Heats 13/15 !?

But there are plenty of riders in the Championship that will be better than those two in heats 13/15 especially when the Brum are away.

2 hours ago, GiveusaB said:

I think we need to turn the record over about Danyon?.....take a look at the 2020 Championship signings? we're not the only club who have over looked him ?

Unless Poole sign him ?

You are a hypocrite though you sing his praises one minute then do him a disservice.Since following Speedway i stick with riders through all times  thick / thin  and by the way i  never even mentioned Danyon in the last post so get it right.