British Speedway Forum
ProudtobeaBrummie

Birmingham Brummies 2020

THJ could be the real trump card in this Brum side and if he applies himself i think he could be number 1 in no time and one of the top performers in the league (but he will need equipment to match). Harris had the backup of Roo Boy last season as a stronger heat leader partner and if he has to be the top rider this time around it could be a pressure too far. As for Garrity everyone knows he is pure entertainment but he is no more than 3rd heat leader level and will lose bucketfuls of points with reliability issues.  

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Sidney the robin said:

You are a hypocrite though you sing his praises one minute then do him a disservice.Since following Speedway i stick with riders through all times  thick / thin  and by the way i  never even mentioned Danyon in the last post so get it right.

If you pay closer attention to my post about Danyon, you will see that I didnt quote you? it's just my opinion in general....

I'm not a hypocrite where Danyon's concerned if you read my posts properly....? I love watching Danyon race, I merely point out  what I think are his flaws/short falls (no pun intended) and other clubs seem to have a problem with signing him also? (unless Poole sign him...I'll be thrilled for him if they do....)

Why can't you just stick to commenting on the post ......instead of attacking the poster???

If it's something you don't agree with, you have to have a personal dig for some reason ?

Edited by GiveusaB
  • Like 1

A rider once told me If you don’t fall off or make the odd mistake now and again when your a young rider  your not trying hard enough

Edited by mac101

1 hour ago, Sings4Speedway said:

THJ could be the real trump card in this Brum side and if he applies himself i think he could be number 1 in no time and one of the top performers in the league (but he will need equipment to match). Harris had the backup of Roo Boy last season as a stronger heat leader partner and if he has to be the top rider this time around it could be a pressure too far. As for Garrity everyone knows he is pure entertainment but he is no more than 3rd heat leader level and will lose bucketfuls of points with reliability issues.  

Will Mr Garrity turn up to Edinburgh again this year ??? His attendance at Armadale is not very good

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, GiveusaB said:

If you pay closer attention to my post about Danyon, you will see that I didnt quote you? it's just my opinion in general....

I'm not a hypocrite where Danyon's concerned if you read my posts properly....? I love watching Danyon race, I merely point out  what I think are his flaws/short falls (no pun intended) and other clubs seem to have a problem with signing him also? (unless Poole sign him...I'll be thrilled for him if they do....)

Why can't you just stick to commenting on the post ......instead of attacking the poster???

If it's something you don't agree with, you have to have a personal dig for some reason ?

Not a personal dig at all and sorry if i have offended you, have a  look at your two posts 231 i had not even mentioned Hume all i mentioned was about Harris/ Garrity in heats 13/15 being vulnerable.Going back to Hume your opinion of him is valid but i still say after last season he has been very unlucky.He only had 5 or 6 matches last year and has had two years wrecked by injury yet he is still saddled with a 3.19 average should he have a decrease in that.? Because of his average lesser riders are getting chances we know that is the rule but for me that rule needs changing another bad example of the rule is James Wright coming in on a four.

Edited by Sidney the robin
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Sidney the robin said:

You are a hypocrite though you sing his praises one minute then do him a disservice.Since following Speedway i stick with riders through all times  thick / thin  and by the way i  never even mentioned Danyon in the last post so get it right.

Explain why he is a hypocrite please ? I asked you in the past to explain previously why i had been disgusting and disrespectful  towards him and you failed to respond .

You also appear to think that every post is directed at yourself for some strange reason . I would say the comment about Danyon was more in response to Cols comment .

You also appear very negative about the Brummies in general posting your about our management and riders short comings. Have we done something to upset you in the past ?

• Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, ProudtobeaBrummie said:

Explain why he is a hypocrite please ? I asked you in the past to explain previously why i had been disgusting and disrespectful  towards him and you failed to respond .

You also appear to think that every post is directed at yourself for some strange reason . I would say the comment about Danyon was more in response to Cols comment .

You also appear very negative about the Brummies in general posting your about our management and riders short comings. Have we done something to upset you in the past ?

That is fine then why did he not respond directly to Col's comment he made a statement his opinion a justified one and not mine i had not said anything.As for Danyon he rather smugly teased about Jack Thomas getting the nod and that he  was a far better rider he thought that and the management odviously agreed with him.He  also never responded  to the suggestion that  maybe there was a falling out between the two parties after the last debacle.As for the club they are a great club have great fans and it is terrific they are back in our sport as for  last this year's team and this year's team building   for me personally i have been disappointed but that is only my opinion.Off track the club have been terrific great initiatives for youngsters and a great vision for the future and nothing would give me greater pleasure than Birmingham going on and having a great season.

8 hours ago, mac101 said:

A rider once told me If you don’t fall off or make the odd mistake now and again when your a young rider  your not trying hard enough

Brian Collins said much the same to me, you should give yourself a fright sometimes.:):drink:

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Sidney the robin said:

Not a personal dig at all and sorry if i have offended you, have a  look at your two posts 231 i had not even mentioned Hume all i mentioned was about Harris/ Garrity in heats 13/15 being vulnerable.Going back to Hume your opinion of him is valid but i still say after last season he has been very unlucky.He only had 5 or 6 matches last year and has had two years wrecked by injury yet he is still saddled with a 3.19 average should he have a decrease in that.? Because of his average lesser riders are getting chances we know that is the rule but for me that rule needs changing another bad example of the rule is James Wright coming in on a four.

No offence taken....we're both passionate speedway fans by the sounds of it! : )

You have a very valid point about 'averages' and it's one that the BSPA fail to address for the 'benefit' of our future prospects/talent.

• Thanks 1

23 hours ago, Sidney the robin said:

James Wright's ave is  actually irrelevant, Newcastle well below the points limit so could have fitted him in without his reduction!

22 minutes ago, szkocjasid said:

James Wright's ave is  actually irrelevant, Newcastle well below the points limit so could have fitted him in without his reduction!

Point taken but  he last rode British speedway  in 2015  which is quite a gap why isn't he on a 2.00 average.I am actually a fan of James watched him ride for Buxton, Worky, Belle Vue ,  and the whole of his Swindon spell.and i really hope he does well but it is a big ask for him.As you say Newcastle are well below the limit so it didn't matter but would anybody else of took a chance on a 4.00 average ? I really think the  structure of the averages generally needs looking at for the interest's of every club.

5 hours ago, Sidney the robin said:

Point taken but  he last rode British speedway  in 2015  which is quite a gap why isn't he on a 2.00 average.I am actually a fan of James watched him ride for Buxton, Worky, Belle Vue ,  and the whole of his Swindon spell.and i really hope he does well but it is a big ask for him.As you say Newcastle are well below the limit so it didn't matter but would anybody else of took a chance on a 4.00 average ? I really think the  structure of the averages generally needs looking at for the interest's of every club.

1) the rules don't allow anyone who has averaged above 3.00 to drop below this number

2) i think a 4.00 ave is very generous and see no reason for it to be any lower!

8 hours ago, szkocjasid said:

But wouldn't have started at reserve!

4 hours ago, Col said:

But wouldn't have started at reserve!

Totally Col if James had come in on a two and say doubled that figure or maybe averaged 4.50 that is a success.To come in on a four he will be doing very well to achieve that figure i hope he does he could well do a big ask though.

10 hours ago, szkocjasid said:

1) the rules don't allow anyone who has averaged above 3.00 to drop below this number

2) i think a 4.00 ave is very generous and see no reason for it to be any lower!

Four years plus out of competitive speedway is a long time,  as an example Anders Rowe rode his socks off all year yet averaged about 4.27. Admittedly Anders did ride some of that in the top five though so really does a four point average for James look fair? or good value ? i don't think it is.