British Speedway Forum
ProudtobeaBrummie

Birmingham Brummies 2020

4 hours ago, Col said:

Shanes seems determined to be back according to Brummies website post of last night, if anyone attended the award night was Ashley Morris in attendance and how are his injuries?

Ash was indeed in attendance but i am not sure where he is at with his injury . Someone a bit more attentive than myself will know .  

Well Shanes & Morris if fit would be the first two names on the 2020 team sheet I'm guessing, if they're fit.  Ellis & Aarnio to follow hopefully.  After that I'd like to see Brummies go for Erik Riss, he was by far the most impressive visitor to Perry Barr that I witnessed,

• Like 1

Quite surprised that despite finishing bottom, most fans would have the majority of the riders back. Was expecting calls for Ellis and maybe Shanes to be kept but not sure about the others. Don't get me wrong, I've still loved every minute of the season but from the comments on here, maybe entertainment is more important than winning, of which I'd be more than happy

• Like 1

The Brummies were closing in on a competitive team towards the end of the season that could at least hold its own at home, until the Shanes injury then it all went sideways.  His scores from reserve were impossible to replace.

I'd have Ash back, was really finding form when injured and I think a very decent second string with a full and injury free season.

Hopefully Shanesy will be back fully fit come April.

Ashley Morris was present at the Presentation Night and when asked about next season, replied that he had already contacted the Mason's to tell them that he would be fully fit, and wanted to be at Birmingham again.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, The Dog said:

Quite surprised that despite finishing bottom, most fans would have the majority of the riders back. Was expecting calls for Ellis and maybe Shanes to be kept but not sure about the others. Don't get me wrong, I've still loved every minute of the season but from the comments on here, maybe entertainment is more important than winning, of which I'd be more than happy

A boring 60-30 home win or a exciting /entertaining 44-46 home defeat ?? give me the latter any day pal . Ellis ,Shanes and Morris are a must for me. All 3 are on really good value averages and can only see them going up at least a point each .

• Like 2

1 hour ago, zlata prilba said:

Garitty is first one to sign up for next season...

Indeed, confirmed by the Brummies website.  A little surprised by that would have thought of the heat leader trio that ended the year Ellis & Aarnio would have been more certain to return.

4 minutes ago, Col said:

Indeed, confirmed by the Brummies website.  A little surprised by that would have thought of the heat leader trio that ended the year Ellis & Aarnio would have been more certain to return.

Don't think Adam will return sadly as I think he will ride Sweden and Denmark

Wouldn't be surprised to see a top name to replace him though as he would have been on decent money coming in mid season. 

17 hours ago, ProudtobeaBrummie said:

A boring 60-30 home win or a exciting /entertaining 44-46 home defeat ?? give me the latter any day pal . Ellis ,Shanes and Morris are a must for me. All 3 are on really good value averages and can only see them going up at least a point each .

I thought Shanes was a Poole asset?!

1 hour ago, poolebolton said:

Think you will be happy with you’re number 1 when he comes in. 

jason lyons on a comeback , as mentioned  before .

• Like 1