British Speedway Forum
ProudtobeaBrummie

Birmingham Brummies 2020

11 hours ago, Fromafar said:

Berge is another one who just takes the P*ss out of GB speedway.

I'm sure that he does what HE considers is in HIS best interests.

Just like when a British promoter sacks a foreign rider to facilitate signing someone else and to keep within the averages... you could just as equally say that the British promoter is taking the P*ss out of that foreigner.  What's good for the goose, and all that.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Col said:

Nobody is saying they do, but it doesn't seem likely riders would turn down employment if it doesn't affect their current working schedule.

It seems that when a list of everyone who's not signed up is pulled off, and the names are tossed around like it's a game of fantasy speedway, that's exactly what everyone's saying.

And I'd say that there are riders in Europe for whom employment in the UK wouldn't be worth their while even if their current working schedule did allow for it.  There are plenty of riders who treat the British Leagues like a league of last resort and wouldn't ride here if they could possibly avoid it.

Bit disappointing no effort at an April Fool on website, might have cheered us up a bit. :(

Like I've said in the past Birmingham are rubbish with their web site never really keep fans involved unlike eastbourne, redcar ect. Mind you with your team manager,  promoter what do you expect? 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Crabba59 said:

Like I've said in the past Birmingham are rubbish with their web site never really keep fans involved unlike eastbourne, redcar ect. Mind you with your team manager,  promoter what do you expect? 

As you say, no surprise sadly.

Quick look at Redcar and no April Fool but a nice Easter Egg touch

http://www.redcar-speedway.com/2020/03/27/easter-egg-hospital-visit-update/

Quick look at Eastbourne and an attempt at an April Fool (and a double header for Saturday on their TV Channel announced since the April Fool) -:

https://www.eastbourne-speedway.com/because-the-eagles-are-worth-it/

April Fool from IOW on Facebook too.

Swindon (another progressive Club) - no April Fool but a game to play -

https://www.swindon-speedway.com/news.php?extend.3407

Come on Brummies sort it out!

24 minutes ago, HGould said:

As you say, no surprise sadly.

Quick look at Redcar and no April Fool but a nice Easter Egg touch

http://www.redcar-speedway.com/2020/03/27/easter-egg-hospital-visit-update/

Quick look at Eastbourne and an attempt at an April Fool (and a double header for Saturday on their TV Channel announced since the April Fool) -:

https://www.eastbourne-speedway.com/because-the-eagles-are-worth-it/

April Fool from IOW on Facebook too.

Swindon (another progressive Club) - no April Fool but a game to play -

https://www.swindon-speedway.com/news.php?extend.3407

Come on Brummies sort it out!

Love it from Eastbourne: a double header.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, HGould said:

Bit disappointing no effort at an April Fool on website, might have cheered us up a bit. :(

We don't just need April 1st for fools on here, there's plenty to go round for the whole year really :)

Edited by gazzac
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

9 hours ago, Crabba59 said:

Why is the team manager being blamed? He isn't in charge of the website.

Because he is the one that tells them what and when to put on the web site.  Like it or not 

1 hour ago, Crabba59 said:

Because he is the one that tells them what and when to put on the web site.  Like it or not 

I think that is how all AP Media sites work. AP Media uploads and publishes material supplied by the club. It is up to the club to generate stuff itself.

In many ways it is similar to other clubs which have their own webmaster. The difference is that the webmaster is often part of the overall media effort so will generate ideas him/herself.

Eastbourne have a number of media people - you could tell last year because they were all in t-shirts or sweatshirts with Media or something something similar on the back. You could see them walking round stadium.

Helps spread the load and as a result a constant stream of information.

I'm sure Ian Jordan is the driving force in all of this because he sets the tone with his transparent style. Does a lot on social himself when people ask questions.

I believe with the right person in charge Birmingham could go a long way,  stadium,  track are not to bad. I remember last season a week after buying a new car went to watch a meeting at Perry Bar , I left after heat 10 got back to my car to find it had changed from white to a red colour.  On saying that I do think with good preparation Birmingham track can be up there with a lot of good tracks in this country 

14 hours ago, kitten2502 said:

Why is the team manager being blamed? He isn't in charge of the website.

I thought he was a promoter ? I said corrected if i am wrong .

2 hours ago, ProudtobeaBrummie said:

I thought he was a promoter ? I said corrected if i am wrong .

Laurence and David are the Promoters.

I don'r blame Laurence or David (or Peter for that matter) for the poor website and media.

It's one of many controlled and run by AP

It was a website format that looked great 4-5 years ago, now very tired and dated.

Some Clubs are formatting and developing their own unique styles and they look a lot smarter and up to date

Edited by HGould
removed Curtis on request from ProudtobeaBrummie

6 minutes ago, HGould said:

It's one of many controlled and run by AP / Curtis who basically write a generic article and then cut and paste it would all the Clubs they oversee.

Curtis ? is referring to Curtis sports it certainly is not and would ask you to remove this comment . Thank you . By the way i have nothing to do with Curtis sport but a very good friend of mine is the owner . Where have you even got this information from ? 

Edited by ProudtobeaBrummie
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, ProudtobeaBrummie said:

Curtis ? is referring to Curtis sports it certainly is not and would ask you to remove this comment . Thank you . By the way i have nothing to do with Curtis sport but a very good friend of mine is the owner . Where have you even got this information from ? 

I have removed Curtis as requested. I mistakenly believed / was told Curtis and AP who do the website are all part of Nigel Pearsons Media empire. I apologise for any offence caused. 

• Like 1