British Speedway Forum
ProudtobeaBrummie

Birmingham Brummies 2020

19 hours ago, the hobbit said:

Laurence Rogers has posted on the Brummies forum that the list issued is incomplete snd that there are several riders who are on the list but have not been included on the press release for some reason. Laurence had confirmed  jack Thomas is on the list snd is the Brummies rising star rider 

The Hobbit !? :D

Where have you been hiding ? 

25 minutes ago, GiveusaB said:

The Hobbit !? :D

Where have you been hiding ? 

Perhaps been searching for his ring? 

• Haha 1

23 hours ago, the hobbit said:

Laurence Rogers has posted on the Brummies forum that the list issued is incomplete snd that there are several riders who are on the list but have not been included on the press release for some reason. Laurence had confirmed  jack Thomas is on the list snd is the Brummies rising star rider 

What list? Where was it published? How long have they had to get that right? And still they get it wrong :-( 

For communication to work, it has to be "heard" and it has to be "right" - failures on both accounts here by the looks of it.

• Like 1

Is Jack Parkinson-Blackburn actually making a return to the sport?

2 hours ago, Dandelion said:

Is Jack Parkinson-Blackburn actually making a return to the sport?

I think it's probably an invitation/opportunity for him to think about and either accept or reject. Shows he hasn't been forgot about.

24 minutes ago, Tsunami said:

I think it's probably an invitation/opportunity for him to think about and either accept or reject. Shows he hasn't been forgot about.

Quite likely.  As with Mr Bridger im sure if someone fronted up a couple of bikes, some engines and a van he could be tempted back.

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, Sings4Speedway said:

Quite likely.  As with Mr Bridger im sure if someone fronted up a couple of bikes, some engines and a van he could be tempted back.

I’m sure that any ex rider offered all of that ( over fifteen grands worth of kit there ) would seriously think of making a comeback.As talented as he might have appeared at one point you sure someone would offer that to a youngster who’s walked away from the sport twice already ?

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Fortythirtyeight said:

I’m sure that any ex rider offered all of that ( over fifteen grands worth of kit there ) would seriously think of making a comeback.As talented as he might have appeared at one point you sure someone would offer that to a youngster who’s walked away from the sport twice already ?

They have to Bridger. But seriously JPB had talent but also had too much smoke blown up him too early, family rifts, social distractions and poor preparations meant that once attempts to step up to the higher levels came along it was already slipping away. 

• Like 2

On 2/13/2021 at 9:55 PM, Sings4Speedway said:

They have to Bridger. But seriously JPB had talent but also had too much smoke blown up him too early, family rifts, social distractions and poor preparations meant that once attempts to step up to the higher levels came along it was already slipping away. 

Correct!

Incredibly natural on a bike....I'm sure B'ham fans would love to see him back in action!

2 hours ago, Tosh1218 said:

I think JPB had a lot of problems inc the Colombian white marching powder

Totally wide of the mark on the white stuff you obviously don't know JPB's background... He's now settled with a decent lifestyle nowadays & it will be good hopefully to see him back on the bike 

42 minutes ago, Justgotmecpc said:

Totally wide of the mark on the white stuff you obviously don't know JPB's background... He's now settled with a decent lifestyle nowadays & it will be good hopefully to see him back on the bike 

He's been clean for a while now 

• Like 1

If you read my comments I mentioned 

“had problems “ that is a  past context so I was correct . I hope he does come back as he did have talent