British Speedway Forum
ProudtobeaBrummie

Birmingham Brummies 2020

52 minutes ago, Trackerman48 said:

That's because they can't find one willing to come over this season. As there is not enough British riders on the average you have available. Think you may have to run with a few points spare. 

Connor Mountain?

9 hours ago, Trackerman48 said:

That's because they can't find one willing to come over this season. As there is not enough British riders on the average you have available. Think you may have to run with a few points spare. 

Quite right! - so imagine my amusement at others on various other threads, hoping and praying that Bradford, Oxford, Swindon and Somerset join the league next year. Guests, double-ups, triple-ups and who knows what tricks will need to be performed to fill another 28 "Sits Vacant". 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Trackerman48 said:

It could be BWD, who is delaying making a choice of clubs, probably hoping that he can get a better deal.

40 minutes ago, *JJ said:

It could be BWD, who is delaying making a choice of clubs, probably hoping that he can get a better deal.

Think you may need to think again

• Like 1

From what I've heard bwd is not coming over this year unless he's had a change of mind 

• Like 1

On 3/6/2021 at 12:01 PM, szkocjasid said:

Connor Mountain?

Great shout! goes round PB really well !

May be the other rider could be 'Smolinski' ? :D

I think Luke Becker would work well.:t:

Connor Mountain would be a good shout.

What about Zack Wajneckht would he fit in and midweek Home Team surely ideal for him?

Luke Becker, as a Hancock protege will already be riding in Poland and Sweden surely and as he's at the dog-heads that will be his quota?

On 3/7/2021 at 10:18 AM, Trackerman48 said:

Think you may need to think again

Explain?

21 minutes ago, *JJ said:

Explain?

BWD don't think he will ride over here.  Luke Becker can not ride in the championship now he as signed in Poland Sweden and wolves not alot out there willing to ride over here. 

4 hours ago, HGould said:

Connor Mountain would be a good shout.

What about Zack Wajneckht would he fit in and midweek Home Team surely ideal for him?

Luke Becker, as a Hancock protege will already be riding in Poland and Sweden surely and as he's at the dog-heads that will be his quota?

Wouldnt really favour ZW after the way he whimpered out last time round....

50 minutes ago, Racin Jason 72 said:

They have tried to sign Martin smolinski according to the man himself on childsys check in on Instagram last night 

Tried? Presumably unsuccessfully? That would have been a really interesting signing and I would have loved to have seen Martin at Brough Park, wonder what his average would have been...

I think his last season in uk was 2013? Where he achieved an average of 7.56. Multiply that by 1.5 to get his championship average and he would have a 11.34 average... Quite the average there like. I suppose something like this would have been on the cards then?

Martin Smolinski 11.34
Ashey Morris 5.32
James Shanes 5.18
Paco Castagna 4.93
Chris Harris 8.48
Tom Perry 3.38
Jack Thomas **

Total: 38.63

Back to the drawing boards... Looks like it would have been a decent team that. Or maybe even Ryan Kinsley, JPB if he making a return, or Georgie Wood if he still rides, instead of Tom Perry. Hmmm

Edited by Dandelion

14 hours ago, Dandelion said:

I think his last season in uk was 2013? Where he achieved an average of 7.56. Multiply that by 1.5 to get his championship average and he would have a 11.34 average... Quite the average there like. I suppose something like this would have been on the cards then?

Martin Smolinski 11.34
Ashey Morris 5.32
James Shanes 5.18
Paco Castagna 4.93
Chris Harris 8.48
Tom Perry 3.38
Jack Thomas **

Total: 38.63

Back to the drawing boards... Looks like it would have been a decent team that. Or maybe even Ryan Kinsley, JPB if he making a return, or Georgie Wood if he still rides, instead of Tom Perry. Hmmm

The problem being that even an applied Smolinski who would likely be the highest rated rider in the CL would still struggle to maintain a huge average. On that basis why break the bank to sign a rider just to use up available points?  I suspect that number of leagues prohibits Rasser Jensen but maybe Hans Andersen is worth a punt? Plenty of other veterens are viewing doubling up in the UK as the way forward, would have kit here anyway and just has class. Hans and Connor Mountain would be a great finish to the team.

BTW pretty sure Tom Perry has hung his kevlars up.

• Like 1